Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

GC approved !!! No change for spouse !

Checked the website and saw an LUD for my 485!
as it happens for me
November 13th “Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.”
November 14th “Current Status: Card production ordered”
November 17th “Current Status: Approval notice sent.”

Whereas for my wife’s online status does not change since July 2006 and there are no changes in message, and still it says that
“Current Status: Case received and pending.”

does any one had this problem ?
does she gets it automatically as I am primary and approved.

Shall I call lawer ?

Thanks

Thanks.No I did not go for new fingerprints in October.Even I was surprised when I was told about them getting refreshed.I did go for code 2 in April 2007 for renewing AP and EAD card.
During my conversations with IO ,I came to know that there were many cases lying on the shelves, totally clear and just waiting to be picked by officers. Since they were short of adjucating officers NSC 'borrowed' officers from other service centers.

thanks..
seems like many of us are going to miss this bus once again. good luck to all! keep checking your uscis page.

as it happens for me
November 13th “Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.”

Whereas for my wife’s online status does not change since July 2006 and there are no changes in message, and still it says that

Shall I call lawer ?

Thanks

go for infopass to get precise answers, mostly correct.

as it happens for me

Shall I call lawer ?

Thanks

You just got your notice. be patient.

But be warned that just because you got your GC is no guarantee that spouse will get hers. As was said, wait a couple of weeks and do an infopass.

nokin,
You have a lot of friends here! I have been stuck with the process since Sep 02. My PD was current until last month but RD wasn't and now its the other way around. To make things worse, I am stuck in namecheck too ...
You can count me in this...I could not have said it better. I have seen so many people get their 485 cleared who have come in this ratrace much much later. My 485 RFE response was recd. on Sep 4'07. Nothing after that. IOs keep on saying that the processing has resumed on your case.Thats it. Now they want to retrogress to 1/2002. My PD is Jan 17, 2002. Moreover my FP is expiring on Nov. 22,07. I am quite pessimistic that I could go well into 2008 and still not see anything!:(

I have other friends here like Venram and few others who are in this hell hole!!:eek:

Thanks for reply !!!

You just got your notice. be patient.

But be warned that just because you got your GC is no guarantee that spouse will get hers. As was said, wait a couple of weeks and do an infopass.

I have contacted my lawer and she has already sent the inquiry this morning... I am hoping for best....I would wiat till I receive my GC and then proceed form there.

Thanks for advice...

nokin,
You have a lot of friends here! I have been stuck with the process since Sep 02. My PD was current until last month but RD wasn't and now its the other way around. To make things worse, I am stuck in namecheck too ...

The antics of USCIS in June and July were offensive, as it told long-term adjustees that rather than work with due diligence on their backlogged cases, they would (a) clear as many newer/easier cases as they legally (or illegally) could;(B) allow so many otherwise ineligible filers to swamp the system so badly that they will never have to take a second look at our older cases and (c) get a huge money grab from those poor suckers, both in terms of filing fees, as well as the years of AP/EAD renewals that the ywill ahve to pay for (since they fell under the old rate).

Add to this the inevitable wave of silly enquiries made by all those illegitimate June/July filers complaining about their poor old 4 month case not being approved yet, while we sit mired on the bottom of the sh!theap.

I see LUD on approved I-140 while waiting for I-485

All Gurus

Its baffling. My I-140 was approved in April 2006. Applied for I-1485 in June. Receipt date 13-JUL-2007. Got AP and EAD for the entire family couple of weeks ago.

Today I was checking my case status on line at USCIS website. I was baffled to see LUD 11/04/2007 on I-140.

I am concerned and worried.

Appreciate anyone sharing your thoughts.

My Regards
ShivaB

PD DEC-2003. Approved JUN-2005
I-140 Approved Apr-2006
I-485 Receipt Date: 13-JUL-2007
FP Done Aug-20-2007. AP and EAD received.
:confused:

Approval notice sent.

My online status updated today to
"On November 20, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS".

I still did not get any e-mail even with this status change. I checked it on their site.

On 11/16/07 - Card production ordered.
On 11/20/07 - Approval notice sent.

I have not yet received the card in the mail. Same thing with the RFE for spouse's I-485.

nelsona,
It feels good that someone undestands the problem here. There are a lot of ppl on different forums complaining about their PD's from 2006 and how they have been waiting for really long. We waited almost 5 frustrating years to get EAD/AP. And now suddenly the systems is flooded with new applications. So, it feels like I am always getting the short end of the stick. First BEC and now USCIS backlogs. What the hell ... Life goes on .... I should be thinking about better things :)

The antics of USCIS in June and July were offensive, as it told long-term adjustees that rather than work with due diligence on their backlogged cases, they would (a) clear as many newer/easier cases as they legally (or illegally) could;(B) allow so many otherwise ineligible filers to swamp the system so badly that they will never have to take a second look at our older cases and (c) get a huge money grab from those poor suckers, both in terms of filing fees, as well as the years of AP/EAD renewals that the ywill ahve to pay for (since they fell under the old rate).

Add to this the inevitable wave of silly enquiries made by all those illegitimate June/July filers complaining about their poor old 4 month case not being approved yet, while we sit mired on the bottom of the sh!theap.

Coincidence...I also have dates similar to your's and see an LUD for my 140 that was approved in Apr 2006! I applied for 485 in July, RD Aug. Are you EB2 or EB3?

All Gurus

Its baffling. My I-140 was approved in April 2006. Applied for I-1485 in June. Receipt date 13-JUL-2007. Got AP and EAD for the entire family couple of weeks ago.

Today I was checking my case status on line at USCIS website. I was baffled to see LUD 11/04/2007 on I-140.

I am concerned and worried.

Appreciate anyone sharing your thoughts.

My Regards
ShivaB

PD DEC-2003. Approved JUN-2005
I-140 Approved Apr-2006
I-485 Receipt Date: 13-JUL-2007
FP Done Aug-20-2007. AP and EAD received.
:confused:

Technically, is it possible for they to approve i485 while PD is not current?

Legally, no. Occasionally a Consular Green card is issued when PD was not current, when the visa number was issued in the previous month, just before a retrogression.

But this is rare (hopefully) in I-485 cases.

Frankly, I don't want to see anyone who is not legally entitled to GC get one... until I get mine:D

My GC was approved on 11/05/07, Received card on 11/16/07 but no fingerprint on card, it says: fingerprint not available.

on Monday I told this to my Attorney (Well known big law firm). My attorney replied immediately saying this should not be a problem but they will investigate.

Today my Attorney told me that they contacted USCIS and spoke with the
Nebraska Immigration Officer then the IO had a Supervisor review my file and told that it appear that the card was issued in error without the fingerprint (FYI: I completed Code 3 FP in March 2007). The card should then be sent to USCIS with a letter to the USCIS to a special mailbox that was provided to my attorney so that the error can be corrected, no need to File Form I-90. IO indicated that mail received in this box is generally handled on an expedited basis.

Later I called NSC and got same IO he repeated everything to me and told that my Attorney called today.

On Monday 11/19/07 I called NSC and the IO told me that on the card "fingerprint not available" this is not a problem at all and you are fine and no action is required BUT he provided this info without even asking my Receipt or A# and without looking into my file

On 11/09/07 I called NSC to check about my status and this is what IO told me at that time: Your case is approved but card production not ordered for you, hold on while I verify your Fingerprint after 2 minutes she told that everything is there and I will send an email to the IO working on the case and same day I received card production email.

So what is going on?

Is it possible that Fingerprints were not uploaded for card production and quality? this is what my attorney is guessing and the IO today told to my attorney.

Any expert advise please

Approved

I am EB-2 India and dates retrogress to Jan 2002 from December 1.

I had given up hope and had not checked status ever since I talked to my attorney about possibility of someone taking note of response to RFE. The lawyer was sympathetic but said the possibility is remote since there are barely 10-12 business days left before end of month.

I checked status today and I don't know why I did it since this was any way a short week. But to my surprise I see "Welcome notice mailed" with a LUD on 11/20/2007.

The same applied to my family. So all of us got approval somewhere this week. I received no emails even though the option to receive email was on.

Following are my details if it helps someone:

Eb-2 India PD 11/2002 ( Own labor)
LC cleared 5/2006
I-140 Approved 10/2007 (upgraded to Premium)
I-485 filed 7/2006
NC cleared 7/2007 (wrote to FL/Senator/COngresswoman)
Can not say if that helped as they
just get the status. I anyway sent
the Thank you not to all so they may
continue to enquire FBI for others
i-485 RFE 10/2007
Response to RFE 11/8/2007
I-485 Approved 11/20/2007 (May be before this date)

Sometimes 15 days can make all the difference. Six years back I missed the bus by that time when my HR did not file my Labor in August 2001. She actually hid the fact from me that a change of policy is coming at end of September 2001 which would affect me. This resulted in labor not being being filed for than a year. Then BEC happened and it kept getting worse and worse specially if one is from high visa demand country like India or China.

At least this time some kind soul at USCIS took a look at RFE and responded in a week's time, probably saving me another 6-8 months.

I feel for those still stuck there. Particularly the fellow BEC sufferer and those stuck in Name Check hole. Hang on, it will happen. Sooner than later and hopefully before this year runs out.

Good Luck. I will hang around to answer any related questions for at least a month.

I thought I was nearing the end of this self imposed term in this prison.

Here is the status: 485 filed in July '06. EB-2 India 11/2002. Namecheck cleared soemwhere in July '07.

Kept pushing USCIS about my case since logically I should have got approved in last years' quota. So many 'o7 filers with PD of 2005/2006 got approved isn't it ?

Had an RFE. Replied with documents which were already there in the original filing. Had two LUDs on 8th and 9th Nov after sending the response.

And now the retrogression with chances of Eb-2 going even back.

For those who have had RFE and approvals, what is the usual time taken ? I am not too hopeful to get something before 30th Nov but it helps to remove even that speck and do something more useful in life than trolling these boards and checking USCIS website.

Last edited by a moderator:
My turn to share good news. Got approval for my I-485 application on 11-14-07. Here are my details: PD Oct. 2002, EB2 , India (filed as derivative).I-485 RD was 6-19-06.Primary (spouse) and 2 kids got approved in April 07 but I was stuck in name check. After I came to know from infopass and SR response about stuck in background checks, I became proactive and started pursuing my case very actively. I wrote letters to USCIS director, First lady, FBI (some 5 different officers), local FBI, director of local USCIS and so on. I sent snail mail. I contacted my local congresswoman and wrote to both senators to help me. I used to call NSC every Monday to find any activity. MY LUD remained unchanged from 11-28-06.Although the senators office did not give any help the congresswoman office was helpful. In August came to know from congresswoman that name check got cleared in 8-03-07 .This was followed by letter from FBI giving same information. Then I called NSC and came to know that name check is done but internal checks are pending. One week later came to know all checks are done case is waiting to be picked by officer. This was in mid September. Since my fingerprints were expiring in October end I took an infopass. Lady Officer was very helpful (for once!) and emailed to NSC that since my fingerprints were good only till October my case should be decided before. She asked me to call and let them know same thing. After that I became more frequent in calling NSC, but my case did not move. Every time I called I heard new story. End of September I wrote to Ombudsman to help me with my case, got response a week later that they have contacted USCIS and will be following up. But I came to know from NSC that my fingerprints were refreshed on 10/7/07 and were good for another year and half. Finally I got the welcome email on 11/14/07 (with LUD) .On 11/16/07 got another mail about card production. On 11/19/07 got email for approval notice mailed. Waiting for physical cards.
So guys here the journey ends. For all of you waiting I wish you luck and would suggest that be very persuasive and persistent. It helps. But while approaching anyone for help be careful not to use offensive or rude tone if you want to get positive results. Bye and good luck.
Can you tell me how you contacted NSC? I am in the similar situation now. BTW, in your case what did the FBI letter state that "your NC was processed & finalized on xxx date and all results were forwarded to USCIS"? Or did it state something else?

I would appreciate if you could let me know regarding this at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Letter from FBI

Today, I recieved a letter from FBI stating that my Name check submission was processed and finalized on October 23rd, 2007. Did any one of you recieve such kind of letter ?? And also does this mean that my My name check is cleared ? They mentioned abt the letter I wrote to First Lady too.
I am worried...from Dec 1st '07 EB2 is retrogressed and my PD is Jun 3rd '02.

SN4GC