Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

congratulations

i just checked my email and got the good news "card production ordered for me" spouse pending
details
pd oct 2002
485 recipt date mar 2007
rfe -medical -received date aug 27
lud 9/7/07(soft)
card production ordered today
this is an awesome website and grt support.good luck. I am not sure what i am going to do with all the time i have from tommorow ,now that i dont have to worry about green card, wow,this is exciting

Congratulations !
How long did it take from the time NSC got your RFE to approval ?
Looks like 5 to 6 weeks ?

Hi bigbang,

My hopes have risen. I received a confirmation letter from Senator Barbara Boxer that in reply to status check from FBI they have received information that my name check got processed and finalized.
Thanks

When did you contact Senator Boxer, and how long did it take to get response from her? I already have sent letter to her several weeks ago.

Somewhere around July end. Her office mentioned they can not expedite and would only check status. Now in october I got another letter stating name check got cleared.

Hi bigbang,

When did you contact Senator Boxer, and how long did it take to get response from her? I already have sent letter to her several weeks ago.

Thanks Nelsona and Mas06

I was informed by my attorney that these days time for rebuttal depends on depth of evidence required. So a not too complicated RFE like evidence of employment may get 30 days time only.

The most common RFEs are 1) Medical (TB mostly), 2) Birth certificate related 3) Employment letter (if you have applied more than 1-2 yrs ago) 4) NSEER related (if applicable)

RFE doesnot necessarily mean that NC is cleared

I checked with IO today at Neb center. Surprisingly it was not the standard representative asking the same set of questions like a parrot! I have the same scenario namely RFE on EVL and Marriage license. My response was recd. on 9/4/07. I asked the status and the IO looked at my record and she told me that one part of the check has come from the FBI, and the second one is pending. She said that she is not sure which check has come from the FBI. The 2 checks are FP and NC. Obviously this means that NC is still pending. She also told me that one of the officer has requested the file for preliminary processing.Whatever this means. I was under the impression( and very hopeful) that the RFE means that the NC has been cleared and the processing resumed on the case. God knows better. Now I am waiting whether they send me a written response in 60 days from 9/4/07, and what is that response.

I have another friend Venram who is in the same situation. I am closely watching his case also.

Thanks Nelsona and Mas06

I was informed by my attorney that these days time for rebuttal depends on depth of evidence required. So a not too complicated RFE like evidence of employment may get 30 days time only.

FBI namechecks in other countries

I've received a package from Senator (Mike Honda), asking me to provide info on application, and sign release form.

What's is intersting is their letter explaining nature of FBI namecheck delays. What they say is - "before a name check is completed, it may require review by federal, state, local and foreign agencies. ... Delays and/or complications may arise due to a common name, spelling variations, frequent travel or change in residency, criminal history, non-cooperations of foreign governments, multiple references, and inconsistent or incomplete information".

This clearly supports the idea that they *may* talk to your home country's government to resolve some NC questions. It's interesting that frequent travel or change of residency (does it mean address in US or residency in other countries?) also affects NC.

Imp bill introduced in HOUSE!

I apologize for the cross post but this is an important development that everyone stuck in namecheck must be aware of.

An important bill was introduced in the house today that forces the FBI to end all namecheck backlogs. This is a very short bill and it has just one provision - to end namecheck backlogs. This is exacly the kind of bill we were looking for.
This is different from the bill that was passed in Senate recently.

The important thing for all of us:
WRITE TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE AND ASK HIM/HER TO SUPPORT THIS BILL.

Unless you write, this bill is not going to pass - please do so immediately.
You can find out who your representative is and for instructions on how to contact him/her here:

http://www.house.gov/writerep/

Please post this message in all immigration groups you are member of.

PDF version: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=110_cong_bills&docid=f:h3828ih.txt.pdf

HR 3828:
(a) In General- Not later than 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Attorney General and the Secretary of Homeland Security shall jointly provide to the Committees on the Judiciary, Homeland Security, and Appropriations of the House of Representatives, and the Committees on the Judiciary, Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs, and Appropriations of the Senate, a plan for ensuring that, within 18 months of the date of enactment of this Act, the National Name Check Program, administered by the Records Management Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), will no longer have any requested name checks from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) in backlog status.

(b) Elements of Plan- The plan shall include the following elements:

(1) Necessary improvements to computer systems so that all records may be transmitted, maintained, and checked electronically, and whether it is possible to centralize this information in a single searchable database.

(2) How the FBI will improve communications with USCIS to ensure the maximum efficiency in processing name check requests from that agency.

(3) Security upgrades in transferring information between the FBI and USCIS to ensure the privacy of any individual receiving a name check.

(4) Long-term fixes that will prevent any future backlog, including a risk management analysis of changes that can be made to streamline the process and policies for obtaining FBI name checks in connection with applications and petitions for immigration benefits.

(5) An estimate of the funding required to complete the operation by the required date along with an estimate of any possible fee increases.

(6) A study regarding the best practices in assessing the level of risk presented by applicants. The study will determine whether the current risk assessment process should be modified.

(7) A report of the number of applications and petitions that remain pending at USCIS more than 6 months after the name check results have been returned from the FBI to USCIS.

(c) Effect of Backlog On and After 18 Months of the Date of Enactment of This Act- Beginning 18 months after the date of the enactment of this Act, the National Name Check Program is not authorized to have any file in backlog status. After that date, any name check request from USCIS held in the possession of the National Name Check Program for longer than 6 months--

(1) will be referred to the Secretary of Homeland Security, who shall adjudicate interim benefits in connection with the application with which the FBI name check was requested, unless the Secretary certifies there is reasonable cause to suspect that the applicant poses a threat to national security, otherwise poses a threat to the United States, or has broken United States immigration law; and

(2) the name check fee shall be fully refunded.

(d) Backlog- For purposes of this section, the term `backlog' means, with respect to a file sent to the National Name Check Program from USCIS, that the file has been pending under the jurisdiction of the Justice Department for longer than 6 months.

END

Dear firends,
I just received the cards for me and my family this afternoon. Thanks for the help and support provided by all members of this great forum and special thanks to Rajiv. For those who are still in the NC process, hang on there and keep the pressure on by contacting your representatives to expedite and improve this process. Some positive changes are in the horizon. I wish you all speedy and smooth approvals soon.

Mas06

Finally arrived

Finally arrived
Dear freinds,

I have been with many of you since PBEC backlog days, but lost my username and so have been a silent reader of the forum. Today my Green Card has finally arrived. I want to thank everyone here for the continuous flow of information. It has been a great help, both for advice and moral support.

My details are below :

I485/I-140 applied : 29th July 2006
I-140 (switched to premium processing in dec) received : 14th January 2007
EAD applied : November 16th 2006
EAD received : February 2007

Fingerprinting : November 1st 2006
(received an LUD a few days later)

Wrote letters to senators, first lady, FBI chief and USCIS chief in March 2007

First service inquiry placed in March 2007 - said that I was stuck in name check, contact back in 6 months

Sent fax message to Nebraska service center requesting expedited service for approval because of difficult situation. This was denied because I couldn't show enough financial difficulty.

Second service inquiry placed on 20th September 2007

Then on October 14th, received welcome email.
Received card in the post today, October 22nd.
Received response to service inquiry in a separate letter saying that the I-485 had been approved.

My spouse's approval in still pending, he had an LUD 2 weeks ago, not sure if this means he has cleared name check ??

Good luck to everyone, keep fighting, the light at the end of the tunnel will be yours soon.

pilar

Congrats! But don't foget about us still waiting

Please support HR3828 by writing to your congress person..

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=110_cong_bills&docid=f:h3828ih.txt.pdf

I hope your spouse gets GC soon.

Finally arrived
Dear freinds,

I have been with many of you since PBEC backlog days, but lost my username and so have been a silent reader of the forum. Today my Green Card has finally arrived. I want to thank everyone here for the continuous flow of information. It has been a great help, both for advice and moral support.

My details are below :

I485/I-140 applied : 29th July 2006
I-140 (switched to premium processing in dec) received : 14th January 2007
EAD applied : November 16th 2006
EAD received : February 2007

Fingerprinting : November 1st 2006
(received an LUD a few days later)

Wrote letters to senators, first lady, FBI chief and USCIS chief in March 2007

First service inquiry placed in March 2007 - said that I was stuck in name check, contact back in 6 months

Sent fax message to Nebraska service center requesting expedited service for approval because of difficult situation. This was denied because I couldn't show enough financial difficulty.

Second service inquiry placed on 20th September 2007

Then on October 14th, received welcome email.
Received card in the post today, October 22nd.
Received response to service inquiry in a separate letter saying that the I-485 had been approved.

My spouse's approval in still pending, he had an LUD 2 weeks ago, not sure if this means he has cleared name check ??

Good luck to everyone, keep fighting, the light at the end of the tunnel will be yours soon.

pilar

RFE received: help needed on of the items

My lawyer informed today that RFE is received. It has following items:

1. Need for I-797. All of these were filed, don't know why they are asking.

2. Need for Employer letter. Again this was sent last year. May be because of time lag.

3. Birth certificate.
This is what troubles me a bit. I had attached a birth certificate from Registrar of Birth and Death. The registration date was recent since birth was never registered. I got this translated from Hindi to English.

I have been asked to provide a birth certificate from local registrar. I don't know what to do with this.

I do have an affidavit signed by my mother stating that birth was not registered at the time of birth.

Please tell me if anyone has a similar experience.

Thanks,

EB2 India 11/2002
485 RD 31st July 2006

Thanks Nelsona and Mas06

Good day to all,

Just want to see if we got any approval news from people RD of August 2006. I saw only two approval here with RD of July 2007. Any one knows anybody who got approved in august or sept 2006 date range?
Is there any other place we are tracking approvals?

AP just approved

I just happened to check my case status and it said that my spouse's and my advance parole was mailed out today.

I am sure my next posting will be that my 485 was approved.:)

I just happened to check my case status and it said that my spouse's and my advance parole was mailed out today.

I am sure my next posting will be that my 485 was approved.:)

I doubt it. I'm sure your next posting will be to inform us that your 2nd EAD is approved, sometime next year.:(

Hello friends,
I am relatively new to this forum and do not know many things. I filed my own and family's I485 (EB3, India) in July 2007 and sent medical reports in Oct 2007. Will late filing of medicals cause any issues?

We had also filed for EAD which we recieved last week. Based on that we got SSN issued. That solves part of the problem. But major milestone of AOS is still in distant future (my PD is March 2005). I guess now I need to wait for a couple of years for namecheck/other processing. What is your opinion about namecheck for names/family names like "Vishal, Vivek, Meera, Vinayak, Akshat, Seema, Shefali, Krishna, Varma, Verma"? Gurus, any idea what else to expect...................

Just wondering how many in this forum are in circumstances similar to mine. Anyone??? Please respond.
Thanks.
H.

Thank you for your kind words!

I doubt it. I'm sure your next posting will be to inform us that your 2nd EAD is approved, sometime next year.:(

All I can say is that I believe in being positive and I wish the same for you. It is the positivity that has helped me get through the 6+ years.
Well, we will have to wait and see in a years time as to what reality shapes out and who is correct.
For my sake I wish and know I will post what I hope for.

Finally received approval notice

After sending my response to the 2nd RFE, my I-485 application got approved within a week. When NSC issues the 2nd RFE, there was no status change in my online profile and there was no indication of this RFE anywhere. However, there was a LUD. I called NSC to inquire about my case and they told me about this 2nd RFE. Just to check the USCIS system, I called the regular customer service line and they said that there was no 2nd RFE. I called back the NSC and asked them to send me a copy of the RFE since the original got lost in the mail which they sent to my lawyer. When I received the copy and faxed it to my lawyer, even he was surprised that my case's online status doesn't mention this and the customer service is not aware of that.

In any case, I would recommend checking case status routinely and call the service centers directly when there is enough reason to do so. It's better to keep it to a minimum so that the service centers don't complain about too many inquiries and revoke the privilege they gave us (!).

My details:

EB3, rest of the world.
PD: 08/15/2001 (original LC)
LC approved: 06/2004
I-140 approved: 10/2004
Wasted trip to back home on CP (retrogression): 06/2005
I485 filed: 07/2006
Name check cleared: 01/2007
I485 approved: 10/25/2007

Good luck to everyone on their GC journey.

All I can say is that I believe in being positive and I wish the same for you. It is the positivity that has helped me get through the 6+ years.
Well, we will have to wait and see in a years time as to what reality shapes out and who is correct.

Yes You are absolutely right in being positive and at the same time spreading positive spirit. Good luck and God willing you should get it pretty soon!!

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.:)