Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

thanks vine,
yes i am aware of that the letters will be used as evidence when we file WOM. i just noticed that your dates are so close to mine. i consulted MR rajiv khanna who is the host of this website. they told me that i'd better wait till one year after the regular processing time which means that i should wait till NSC's 485 processing date to turn july 07 since my 485 ND is july 06. Since i am thinking of DIY so i will start reading now.
good luck, buddy!

Hi liaoguoxf & vine95050,

My GC journey started much after u guys, in 2005, but like both of u filed 485 in July' 06. Have been stuck in NC since then. Like a fool did not wite letters to Senentor/Congressman/FL earlier, thinking my wait time is nothing compared to others. Utimately wrote this month. But this "1 yr past now proc date" mentioned by Rajiv Khanna is a nice one. I was just looking forward to something to cling on to, something to look forward to when Iam not expecting a reply from my letters till Jan, '08. And since it comes from Rajiv it is almost written in Stone.

I have a co-worker(and a very close friend of mine) who has gone thru PBEC Hell, got his Receipts last week, he was almost in tears, I 99% understand what both of u went thru. Here in AOS stage u at least have a website to lookup ur status.

If u guys look up other threads, there was a recom. by Ombudsman to clear all NCs waiting for more than 33 months. we r just 14-15 months old. Ur thoughts/comments please.

Check out my signature for details.

-Still

My GC journey started much after u guys, in 2005, but like both of u filed 485 in July' 06. Have been stuck in NC since then. Like a fool did not wite letters to Senentor/Congressman/FL earlier, thinking my wait time is nothing compared to others. Utimately wrote this month. But this "1 yr past now proc date" mentioned by Rajiv Khanna is a nice one. I was just looking forward to something to cling on to, something to look forward to when Iam not expecting a reply from my letters till Jan, '08. And since it comes from Rajiv it is almost written in Stone.

I have a co-worker(and a very close friend of mine) who has gone thru PBEC Hell, got his Receipts last week, he was almost in tears, I 99% understand what both of u went thru. Here in AOS stage u at least have a website to lookup ur status.

If u guys look up other threads, there was a recom. by Ombudsman to clear all NCs waiting for more than 33 months. we r just 14-15 months old. Ur thoughts/comments please.

-Still

it would be interesting to see what comes earlier for july 2006 filer - one year of processing date or 1.5 - 2 years of filing date! if you are up for wom, whichever comes earlier go for that date and file the wom. do keep all the correspondences/docs you have with the senators, fbi etc. After writing, there's nothing else to do, but to wait and file the wom.

no lobbying has helped the current folks thus far. it may help future filers. everybody who responded to me say that they can't do much - in the name of national security, and that's the biggest irony. they simply don't get it; they should re-read the ombudsman's report on fbi security check and implement his recommendations asap. let's keep our cool. good luck!

RFE on 485

I had an update on my case with a RFE on 485.
Following are my details

EB-2 India
PD 11/1/2002
(no sub I have struggled for 7 years on same job)
I-140 FD 06/30/2006 AD (after PP) 10/12/2006
I-485 FD 07/31/3006
Finger Print (USCIS forgot then sent) 1/24/2007
Namecheck : Don't know but was stuck as of 07/22/2007
RFE 10/12/2007

I believe the congress people are ignorant in these areas

......everybody who responded to me say that they can't do much - in the name of national security, and that's the biggest irony. they simply don't get it; they should re-read the ombudsman's report on fbi security check and implement his recommendations asap. let's keep our cool. good luck!

I believe the congress people are ignorant in these areas, if not blockheads.

Called NSC

I initiated a service request on Sept 18th as my date was more than 30 days outside of processing at NSC. So far I have not gotten any response.

Today I called them and they told me I need to wait another 45 days. She also told me that my case was assigned to an officer on Oct 8th.

They have no other info about name check etc.

Did anybody expereince a similar thing with a service request? I thought they normally respond in 30 days and if not we can open another service request.

hello StillPatient,
thanks for your nice words. i feel so bad that the immigration process got us stuck here for so long yet glad to get to the chance to know you nice people. i do feel for your friend, poor thing, he/she must have been the last batch out of that damn pbec, which was supposed to close end of sept 07.
i agree with vine95050, either use 2yr after filing date or 1yr after processing date, whichever comes earlier just go ahead and file the law suit. you really dont lose too much other than some energy and money. i dont think any new laws would come out soon enough to save us. we simply have to fight for that.
good luck and much regards,

-Still

Cleared NC just submitted RFE

RFE received today.

Particulars of my case :
EB2
Not retrogressed
PD 04/16/2002
I-140 RD 10-11-2006
I-140 AD 07/18/2007
I-485 RD 05/25/2007
FP ND 06/12/2007
FP AP 06/27/2007
EAD RD 07/24/2007
EAD AD 08/18/2007
I-485 RFE (EVL and marraige license for wife) 09/20/2007
I-485 RFE received today 10-16-2007
I-485 AD ? ( 4 months and 20 days and counting)

Called NSC today IO confirmed that I had cleared name check last month before RFE sent out.

Am I close to approval (assuming evidence acceptable) ?

Brothers (and sisters) waiting in the line, allow me to vent --

USCIS screwed up my case by not sending proper information to FBI for name check, probably back in 2005. FBI sent them a notice to refile the request, but I guess that notice arrived while I was retrogressed so no one took action.

The worst part is that when I became current again 13 months ago, USCIS were still waiting for FBI to complete the name check, not knowing the ball was in their court. When my lawyer talked to the USCIS representative last October, they discovered the error -- meaning without us talking to USCIS my file might have ended up sitting there unattended forever -- and we got personal assurances from the USCIS person that she would fix this error promptly.

Well fixed it she did, but not promptly -- it took 8 months for this presumably simple correction to take place. So in May this year -- which I found out at an INFOPASS appointment this June -- they finally resent my info to the FBI for a name check, and the most unknowable phase of the process began. That's actually the worst part.

The best part is, I don't care anymore. If I don't get the GC by January, I'm out of here, and I'm taking my work (and my savings) back home. I'm already looking for arrangements, and I feel strangely liberated.

User name: oldpd
Priority Date:12/01
Retrogressed (Y/N): N
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3: EB3
I-140 Receipt Date: NA
I-140 Approval Date: 5/04
I-485 Receipt Date: 11/04
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX): NA
Finger Print Notice Date: had 3 so far
I-485 Approval Date: Waiting

Seems like yes you are close to approval.
What is the new RFE you received in 10/16/07 ?

Thanks

RFE received today.

Particulars of my case :
EB2
Not retrogressed
PD 04/16/2002
I-140 RD 10-11-2006
I-140 AD 07/18/2007
I-485 RD 05/25/2007
FP ND 06/12/2007
FP AP 06/27/2007
EAD RD 07/24/2007
EAD AD 08/18/2007

Called NSC today IO confirmed that I had cleared name check last month before RFE sent out.

Senate Approves Levin Amendment to Improve Oversight of FBI Background Checks

Any comments folks?

http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=285400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 16, 2007 Contact: Press Office
Phone: 202.228.3685

WASHINGTON – The Senate has approved an amendment by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., to improve oversight of the FBI National Name Check Program, which faces a substantial backlog. The program is used to run background checks on people applying for immigration benefits or seeking employment with the U.S. government, among many other purposes. Levin’s provision, which was included as an amendment to the Commerce, Justice, and Science (CJS) Fiscal Year 2008 Appropriations Bill, would require the FBI to report to Congress every year regarding progress made in improving the FBI’s system of processing background checks and automating investigative files.

“The background check program’s enormous backlog poses an unacceptable burden on people whose lives are on hold, and it also leads to a national security risk,” Levin said. “Approximately 31,000 cases have been pending for at least 33 months. If these individuals are a security threat, we must know that sooner rather than later.”

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Ombudsman’s 2007 Annual Report, there were 329,160 name check cases pending in May 2007, which is and increase of 93,358 over the previous year. Many immigrants who are applying for adjustment of status to legal permanent resident, naturalization, asylum, or a waiver end up waiting for months or years for the completion of the name check process.

In 2003, Robert J. Garrity, Jr., then Acting Assistant Director of the Records Management Division of the FBI stated before the House Committee on Government Reform that, “[t]he name check delays have significant consequences to FBI customers and stakeholders. The delays impede hiring or clearing skilled workers; completing government contracts; student enrollment, and…clearing requested visas for business visits to the United States. More importantly than all of the foregoing, these processing delays can also diminish counterterrorism effectiveness.”

gamamvp,

I have had the same scenario. The RFE was on Marriage certificate and EVL. I have responded to the same and am in the waiting mode, How did you check with IO on the NC?:confused: The call usually goes to the representative, who does not know about NCs. Please inform the sequence of numbers which you used to get to the IO. I know another friend- Venram, who is in the similar boat, waiting after the RFE response.

RFE received today.

Particulars of my case :
EB2
Not retrogressed
PD 04/16/2002
I-140 RD 10-11-2006
I-140 AD 07/18/2007
I-485 RD 05/25/2007
FP ND 06/12/2007
FP AP 06/27/2007
EAD RD 07/24/2007
EAD AD 08/18/2007

Thanks NYS for sharing this with the boards. This will at least bring the issue on the radar and hopefully :rolleyes: expedite our checks.

Any comments folks?

http://levin.senate.gov/newsroom/release.cfm?id=285400

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 16, 2007 Contact: Press Office
Phone: 202.228.3685

WASHINGTON – The Senate has approved an amendment by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., to improve oversight of the FBI National Name Check Program, which faces a substantial backlog. The program is used to run background checks on people applying for immigration benefits or seeking employment with the U.S. government, among many other purposes. Levin’s provision, which was included as an amendment to the Commerce, Justice, and Science (CJS) Fiscal Year 2008 Appropriations Bill, would require the FBI to report to Congress every year regarding progress made in improving the FBI’s system of processing background checks and automating investigative files.

“The background check program’s enormous backlog poses an unacceptable burden on people whose lives are on hold, and it also leads to a national security risk,” Levin said. “Approximately 31,000 cases have been pending for at least 33 months. If these individuals are a security threat, we must know that sooner rather than later.”

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Ombudsman’s 2007 Annual Report, there were 329,160 name check cases pending in May 2007, which is and increase of 93,358 over the previous year. Many immigrants who are applying for adjustment of status to legal permanent resident, naturalization, asylum, or a waiver end up waiting for months or years for the completion of the name check process.

In 2003, Robert J. Garrity, Jr., then Acting Assistant Director of the Records Management Division of the FBI stated before the House Committee on Government Reform that, “[t]he name check delays have significant consequences to FBI customers and stakeholders. The delays impede hiring or clearing skilled workers; completing government contracts; student enrollment, and…clearing requested visas for business visits to the United States. More importantly than all of the foregoing, these processing delays can also diminish counterterrorism effectiveness.”

IOs on phone have been less credible than IO at local offices. Though local offices don't have physical files you can get better and more reliable information about Namecheck than on phone.

gamamvp,

I have had the same scenario. The RFE was on Marriage certificate and EVL. I have responded to the same and am in the waiting mode, How did you check with IO on the NC?:confused: The call usually goes to the representative, who does not know about NCs. Please inform the sequence of numbers which you used to get to the IO. I know another friend- Venram, who is in the similar boat, waiting after the RFE response.

The IO on the phone seemed reliable.

IOs on phone have been less credible than IO at local offices. Though local offices don't have physical files you can get better and more reliable information about Namecheck than on phone.

I may be wrong but the I O on the phone seemed reliable.
I was not sent to the customer service representative but the NSC IO.
I asked her if they had received my evidence.
She said yes then I asked if she would know if I had cleared NC.
She seemed hesitant to answer me at first saying it was too soon since it's only been 4 months since I submitted my I-485 but then she changed her mind and told me to wait a minute. probably waited 4 minutes I could hear her clinking away at the computer keyboard. After what seemed an like an eternity she answered and said yep you have cleared name check. I then asked her if she thought my I-485 would be approved soon. This time she became evasive and told me to refer to email notice which stated that a decision will be made in 60 days wheter the petition will be approved or if they require more info from me.

I am hoping and praying this is it- that I am about to be approved but only GOD knows and GOD willing if this will happen

i just checked my email and got the good news "card production ordered for me" spouse pending
details
pd oct 2002
485 recipt date mar 2007
rfe -medical -received date aug 27
lud 9/7/07(soft)
card production ordered today
this is an awesome website and grt support.good luck. I am not sure what i am going to do with all the time i have from tommorow ,now that i dont have to worry about green card, wow,this is exciting

NC cleared

My hopes have risen. I received a confirmation letter from Senator Barbara Boxer that in reply to status check from FBI they have received information that my name check got processed and finalized.

I have not been calling IO's so I had not checked my status for several months.

The recent RFE was probably result of some one going through documents.

A question to some of you who have received RFE. What kind of RFE are they and how much time you get to send the rebuttal.

Thanks

I had an update on my case with a RFE on 485.
Following are my details

EB-2 India
PD 11/1/2002
(no sub I have struggled for 7 years on same job)
I-140 FD 06/30/2006 AD (after PP) 10/12/2006
I-485 FD 07/31/3006
Finger Print (USCIS forgot then sent) 1/24/2007
Namecheck : Don't know but was stuck as of 07/22/2007
RFE 10/12/2007

A question to some of you who have received RFE. What kind of RFE are they and how much time you get to send the rebuttal.
The RFE will give you the FIRM deadline. 45 days seems to be my recollection, but it will be absolutely clear on the RFE.

My hopes have risen. I received a confirmation letter from Senator Barbara Boxer that in reply to status check from FBI they have received information that my name check got processed and finalized.

I have not been calling IO's so I had not checked my status for several months.

The recent RFE was probably result of some one going through documents.

Thanks

The most common RFEs are 1) Medical (TB mostly), 2) Birth certificate related 3) Employment letter (if you have applied more than 1-2 yrs ago) 4) NSEER related (if applicable)