PD: 05/01/2001
LC: approved 04/06/2006
I-485 and I-140: filed 05/22/2006
I-140: approved 10/27/2006
I-485: approved 09/21/2007

r u from INDIA. my 485 was filed on May 26 2006 /rir/eb2

Last edited by a moderator:
what FBI HELP CAN DO?

What division usually do the name check in FBI... I think FBI has many divisions... I have a contact who knows some one in FBI and he says i need to find which subdivision they need to contact.

i am not sure what i have to tell them...?

My contact can ask to run my SS or name to see any info found yet.
If they can provide me a computer print out that my name cheack is cleared or no information found.. how can i use that with USCIS?

anybody?

This is NNCPS (National Name Check Program Section), headed by its Section Chief Michael A. Cannon. I think NNCPS belongs to Records Management Division.

Will be interesting to see you getting that printout. Your friend could get into deep trouble for releasing FBI documents without going through official channels (FBI Record Information/Dissemination Section).

What division usually do the name check in FBI... I think FBI has many divisions... I have a contact who knows some one in FBI and he says i need to find which subdivision they need to contact.

i am not sure what i have to tell them...?

My contact can ask to run my SS or name to see any info found yet.
If they can provide me a computer print out that my name cheack is cleared or no information found.. how can i use that with USCIS?

anybody?

Last edited by a moderator:
This tax-related text dated July 17, 2007, page 55 has some explanations on USCIS and FBI NNCPS. They say some other agency did provide contractors to FBI a year ago, which helped reducing 70% of that agency's-related backlogs. Now, they're saying FBI and USCIS are working on a similar strategy for reducing USCIS-related FBI backlogs. We can only hope that developing a strategy by a snail-fast agency will take less than a year.

http://books.google.com/books?id=_K...&sig=ucY6ANLBBd7QERxnf1QLl-iKBOY#PRA1-PA55,M1

my lawyer's office says the same thing - uscis/fbi -dhs/justice are putting together a system to expedite the name check delay. the million dollar question is when would this system be operational? i guess we're always missing the expedited systems - bec -> perm..

but this sounds like a good news for newer I-485 folks.

my lawyer's office says the same thing - uscis/fbi -dhs/justice are putting together a system to expedite the name check delay. the million dollar question is when would this system be operational? i guess we're always missing the expedited systems - bec -> perm..

:)
The new system will apply for the new filers. Old filers will be moved to a backlog elimination center. There will be manual data entry for the cases that last approximately 2 years.

Your 'profile' looks similar to me. Started labor in Nov.2002 and got flogged by PBEC till June 2006 and applied I-485 in July 2006. And i know a few fitting to that pattern. Stuck in name check ! In fact i don't know ( in my close circle) anybody who applied in 2006 got approved. There were approvals ( there was a trend ) for those who applied around begin-mid of 2005.

Your 'profile' looks similar to me. Started labor in Nov.2002 and got flogged by PBEC till June 2006 and applied I-485 in July 2006. And i know a few fitting to that pattern. Stuck in name check ! In fact i don't know ( in my close circle) anybody who applied in 2006 got approved. There were approvals ( there was a trend ) for those who applied around begin-mid of 2005.

yeah, i remember you from pbec days.. our dates are very similar. let's hope we get out of this blackhole soon. regarding approvals for 2006 pd applicants, i personally know two eb2 people who got approved in the last couple of months - the whole thing in a little over a year's time. but this may not be the norm.

the new proposed system for namecheck, if any, will help people down the road in a year or so from now? wom seems like the only option left for now.

When you say 'new filers' what ranges are you thinking of? I applied for AOS on July 30th, 2007. Would I be considered a new or old filer for the FBI check?

Please see my signature below.
Thanks.

What's the fax no. you used

What's the fax no. you used ?

Sincere,
Danob

This what I faxed and it worked ...
19-June-2007

Re.: To end exhaustion of almost 9 years!

Hon. First Lady Mrs. Laura Bush

May this day of June be the best day in fulfilling the duties of your being - yourself, as a mother, as a wonderful companion of the president and as the most gracious first woman of this great nation. Amen.

Trust me, I would not have resorted to ask for your indulgence had I been successful in any one of my other approaches. I have tried personally through info-pass, FBI, USCIS director, Senator and Congress man in resolving my pending name check with FBI.

Since 2nd October xxxx (the day I arrived in the USA), I have lived my life honorably and truthful to my actions. I have been truly blessed to have lived these many years (was very hard to maintain the legal status) in this great country. If you can relieve me of my exhaustion of chasing American dream, I will sincerely appreciate. My case is pending with USCIS with valid (but tediously delayed) excuse of not receiving result of name/birth date check from FBI.

Following is my detail:
Name
DOB
COB
A#
Mobile
USCIS Petition NO
email id

My Application information:

Gc_CA_GC

I kept a service request for the status of my application and it came out like the following:

"Your Application is currently in pending status and will remain so until a visa becomes available for you"

Has anyone seen this kind of status message? I am from India, but used cross chargabilty to file my I-485. The dates for the cross chargability country are current. Any idea?

Thanks,

LC PERM: approved in Apr 2006
I140 Approved: June 2006
I485 Filed on: May 2006

Please tell me how did you take the service request for your status of application? Because, my EAD and Approval notice(which were approved on 9/11 & 9/13) are missing in the mail. I didnt receive both in the mail. I dont know what to do? I took Infopass, they ask me to wait for two weeks. I talked to USCIS, they ask me to wait for 30 days. I didnt move anywhere since i applied. so I want to try to make a service request.
Thanks,
jaychandin.:confused::confused:

Hi,

I applied 140 on 7/27/07 and 485 on 8/13/07, obviously didnt got anything(not even the Receipt No.) as i read above, people are waiting for them who filed in June/July.

My Question is While applying for the 485, my Lawyer told me that we can send the Medicals later, i called back last week to ask him if I should do my medicals now, he said, no, we will call you when we want you to do the Medicals.

Is it ok, If we send the Medicals later for me and my wife?

Please reply.

Thank You.

You will most probably receive an RFE from USCIS since you did not submit your medicals. I think you lawyer should have been smart enough to submit your papers altogether. With the current volume of applications, even the RFE might take some time to get to you.

I would suggest you complete your medicals and keep your papers ready so that there is no additional delay while answering the RFE.

Good luck !!

Hi,

I applied 140 on 7/27/07 and 485 on 8/13/07, obviously didnt got anything(not even the Receipt No.) as i read above, people are waiting for them who filed in June/July.

My Question is While applying for the 485, my Lawyer told me that we can send the Medicals later, i called back last week to ask him if I should do my medicals now, he said, no, we will call you when we want you to do the Medicals.

Is it ok, If we send the Medicals later for me and my wife?

Please reply.

Thank You.

It would be silly to wait to do medicals, as scheduling these can be quite tricky.

The medicals are generally submitted with the application. USCIS waived this requirement during the filing fiasco; but do not take this as a sign that they will wait for them indefinitely. Besides, when the RFE comes, you may face the same scheduling problems as in July/August, since the y will lilkey send all the RFEs at nearly same time too.

800,000 -- 485 applications filed...

Hi,

800,000 applications were received in July and August 2007. If you think that a minimum of 200,000 (one fourth) were Indians, then it will take 20 years (10,000 GCs for Indian per year) to get GC.

Thank you LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES....

http://www.immigration-law.com/

late June 2007 I-485 filers

To all of late June 2007 I-485 filers:

Did any of you have received the receipt notice for your I 485? Mine was filed on June 29 and I have a confirmation from the courier that it was delivered and received at NSC. Any body in similar situation like me. Please let me know if you are also waiting like me for the notice receipt. It's 3 months now but no receipt still......

TIA.

I'm a late June filer.... I received the receipt notice by July and I have my EAD approved in Sept & just found out my travel docs are being mailed.

Maybe you should check with your lawyer?

Originally Posted by Oct282003
To all of late June 2007 I-485 filers:

Did any of you have received the receipt notice for your I 485? Mine was filed on June 29 and I have a confirmation from the courier that it was delivered and received at NSC. Any body in similar situation like me. Please let me know if you are also waiting like me for the notice receipt. It's 3 months now but no receipt still......
?

Check with USCIS at their 1 800 number. When i called them for inquiries on my receipt i was told that i have to wait for 90 days before they would be able to help me.

November Visa Bulletin

November Visa Bulletin came out...no changes to the date.

India
EB-2: 1st April 2004
EB-3: 22nd April 2001

Yes I did bug my attorney's office few times on this and eventually they contacted AILA representative on my case details to see where it is. They told us that it has been transferred to other service center either CSC or TSC but they didn't confirm which one. I'm a filer from OR state so guessing that it's in CSC but till this weekend I haven't heard from them yet. Thanks for the reply.

I'm a late June filer.... I received the receipt notice by July and I have my EAD approved in Sept & just found out my travel docs are being mailed.

Maybe you should check with your lawyer?