Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Thank you GC Freedom, GC from NY, Nelsona and Coolmaro for the info...... I applied myself for the I485 without involving any attorney. The instructions for I485 did not mention that Medical exam reports were to be sent with the application (as far as rememeber) and so I did not do it :eek: . I was lucky that I asked this question here and got timely guidance.

I am in Chicago and my case has gone to Nebrasca. Hope they do not take any adverse action before I can submit my medicals. I will now try to get the medical done ASAP.

Any better suggestions? I am again grateful to you all who responded ad thereby helped me.
Thanks.
H.

In some areas eg.NY, you can schedule a medical exam for the next day. But it would be in your best interest to do it ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went through I485 Filing Instructions.....I just was blind.
Now I am going for medical tomorrow. Chicago is good that way as I was able to get next-day-appointment.
Grateful to y'all.
H.

Thank you GC Freedom, GC from NY, Nelsona and Coolmaro for the info...... I applied myself for the I485 without involving any attorney. The instructions for I485 did not mention that Medical exam reports were to be sent with the application (as far as rememeber) and so I did not do it :eek: . I was lucky that I asked this question here and got timely guidance.

I am in Chicago and my case has gone to Nebrasca. Hope they do not take any adverse action before I can submit my medicals. I will now try to get the medical done ASAP.

Any better suggestions? I am again grateful to you all who responded ad thereby helped me.
Thanks.
H.

Finally received notice 'Card production ordered'

Hi guys,

After 6 years 5 months and 20 days, I finally got the email that 'Card production ordered' this morning.

My priority date is May 1st, 2001 -- very old!
We filed I-485 in May 2006, received one reference March this year about TB skin, responded within the 60 days timeframe but nothing happened till today.
Our name check started in June 2006, so it took us one year and 4 months to clear it.

I was already prepared to wait another year or so, but glad it happened today!

Good luck to all of you, it will come! just take time, in my case more than 6 years :-(!

I am new to post-I485-filing-life and hence my questions can naive. But I need help from y'all (the more knowledgeable ones).

Questions:
What kind of info is available on Infopass?
How can I find out latest status of my case?
Anything I can do to make the process RFE-free?
Is USCIS processing I485 applications in the order of Priority Dates or FIFO???

I spent a lot of time going through the Forum posting but am not able to get a good picture of complete I485 processing. Any indicators, Gurus?

Thanks in advance.
H.

I kept a service request for the status of my application and it came out like the following:

"Your Application is currently in pending status and will remain so until a visa becomes available for you"

Has anyone seen this kind of status message? I am from India, but used cross chargabilty to file my I-485. The dates for the cross chargability country are current. Any idea?

Thanks,

LC PERM: approved in Apr 2006
I140 Approved: June 2006
I485 Filed on: May 2006

Sounds like your 485 processing is complete. You will have to wait till your priority date becomes current, which is when visa number will become available for your case. Once it does, its matter of some IO picking up your case and mark approval stamp on it.

Good news is that you are out of the security check mess!!!

I kept a service request for the status of my application and it came out like the following:

"Your Application is currently in pending status and will remain so until a visa becomes available for you"

Has anyone seen this kind of status message? I am from India, but used cross chargabilty to file my I-485. The dates for the cross chargability country are current. Any idea?

Thanks,

LC PERM: approved in Apr 2006
I140 Approved: June 2006
I485 Filed on: May 2006

I took infopass appointment and found that my namecheck is still pending. The message is confusing.... Still not sure which one is correnct.

No wonder. When I sent a service request for my wife (depndent applicant) in May, USCIS replied that her namecheck is still pending. When I went for Infopass two weeks later, they told me her namecheck has cleared. Go figure... As we say in Russia, their left hand does not know what their right hand is doing. We can do a whole survey here. I vote that Infopass is more reliable : )

I took infopass appointment and found that my namecheck is still pending. The message is confusing.... Still not sure which one is correnct.

Keep writing to congress people

Remind the congress people that national security is the most important one and they should put more resources in FBI department to resolve name hits.

Service Requested?

Hi,

I called USCIS today and the lady took a service request from me. Apparently she emailed NSC to get an update from NSC.

Anybody have the same experince before? Any result? i have to wait 45 days before i can call them again.

thanks

same thing

i called them last friday they did the same thing for me.
she told me that USCIS will mail me the service request results by october 12

Hi,

I called USCIS today and the lady took a service request from me. Apparently she emailed NSC to get an update from NSC.

Anybody have the same experince before? Any result? i have to wait 45 days before i can call them again.

thanks

I believe they typically say 45 days. But normally, you would get a response within 2 weeks.

Good luck !!!

Hi,

thanks

Lisa what's your case type ?

Hi guys,

After 6 years 5 months and 20 days, I finally got the email that 'Card production ordered' this morning.

My priority date is May 1st, 2001 -- very old!
We filed I-485 in May 2006, received one reference March this year about TB skin, responded within the 60 days timeframe but nothing happened till today.
Our name check started in June 2006, so it took us one year and 4 months to clear it.

I was already prepared to wait another year or so, but glad it happened today!

Good luck to all of you, it will come! just take time, in my case more than 6 years :-(!

Lisa,

What was your case type ? Can you expand on it ? Also, your pd ?

Late June 2007 Filing

To all of late June 2007 I-485 filers:

Did any of you have received the receipt notice for your I 485? Mine was filed on June 29 and I have a confirmation from the courier that it was delivered and received at NSC. Any body in similar situation like me. Please let me know if you are also waiting like me for the notice receipt. It's 3 months now but no receipt still......

TIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Letter to Congressman or Firt Lady

My case is pending for a while now, and all my dates are also current.

My last status check with USCIS revealed that I am stuck in NC. In this forum I have seen people writing to Congressmen or the First Lady, and got some positive results.

Could someone please let me know how do I do that, where from do I find the name and address of the person to write to.

If anyone has a copy of a similar letter which they could share, I would highly appreciate.

Thanks a ton in advance.

This what I faxed and it worked ...
19-June-2007

Re.: To end exhaustion of almost 9 years!

Hon. First Lady Mrs. Laura Bush

May this day of June be the best day in fulfilling the duties of your being - yourself, as a mother, as a wonderful companion of the president and as the most gracious first woman of this great nation. Amen.

Trust me, I would not have resorted to ask for your indulgence had I been successful in any one of my other approaches. I have tried personally through info-pass, FBI, USCIS director, Senator and Congress man in resolving my pending name check with FBI.

Since 2nd October xxxx (the day I arrived in the USA), I have lived my life honorably and truthful to my actions. I have been truly blessed to have lived these many years (was very hard to maintain the legal status) in this great country. If you can relieve me of my exhaustion of chasing American dream, I will sincerely appreciate. My case is pending with USCIS with valid (but tediously delayed) excuse of not receiving result of name/birth date check from FBI.

Following is my detail:
Name
DOB
COB
A#
Mobile
USCIS Petition NO
email id

My Application information:

Lisa,

What was your case type ? Can you expand on it ? Also, your pd ?

Hi danob,

Mine is employment based EB2 RIR:
PD: 05/01/2001
LC: approved 04/06/2006
I-485 and I-140: filed 05/22/2006
I-140: approved 10/27/2006
I-485: approved 09/21/2007