Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Your A# number is absolutely NOT a 'visa number'. It is an 'account' number with USCIS, as a way of grouping all your cases by one number.

A 'visa number' is one that is provided to USCIS by the the Dept of State, as a way of controlling quota. When a case is to be approved, or a consular interview appointment to be given, DOS gives them a number (a control token if you will) which alllows them to move forward with the case. No token, no move forward.

Additionally, when no tokens are available, USCIS is not permitted to accept any new I-485s, as a means of controlling backlog.

So, while a 'number' is used at the time a Green card is issued, there is no visa number used up at the time an I-485 petition is accepted. An A# is written on the case merely to be able to tie together the I-485, any i-140/I-765/I-131 etc that may be needed, and then that A# will be used as your GC number, if you ever get it.

Immigration.com FAQ said so..!

Longwaythere,
Congratulations and enjoy!

sathya10,
I doubt it would retrogress all the way back to 1999. Remember most people who filed this month have PD of 2005 or later, when PERM was implemented. So I think it might move back to Pre-July cutoff dates or maybe slightly worse coming October. Having said that, however, just like the July Visa fiasco unfolding in front of our own eyes, nothing surprises me any more. Those guys have demonstrated a special gift of messing things up in a unique way beyond explanation.

I read somewhere in Faq in Immigration.com that Eb2 will get retrogressed to 99 and Eb3 to 98 to clear some major back logs.

We will know with in a month and a half.

USCIS may go in "revenge mode" and guess who suffers most. Those who graduated from BEC with degrees of the year 2000/01/02 . And suppose all the quota gets over just around our PD. Another year to spend in this self imposed jail. Yet another scenario, they keep it current and award GC to those from 2006/2007 PD whose name checks came first.

After all this waiting everyday I struggle with the thought whether this piece of paper worth it ?

I read somewhere in Faq in Immigration.com that Eb2 will get retrogressed to 99 and Eb3 to 98 to clear some major back logs.

485 denied - looking for right attorney

Guys ,

Received I-485 denial notice ( me as a Primary , wife as a dependent)

My wife GC process is going on. Her labor and I-140 approved ( In that, she is a primary and I am secondary)

I want to change my attoreny
I am looking for a Really Excellent lawer who can decide stratagy realistically.

Because , mine is crtical situation.

Please advice send me a mail to a_immigration@yahoo.com

Thanks

We will know with in a month and a half.

USCIS may go in "revenge mode" and guess who suffers most. Those who graduated from BEC with degrees of the year 2000/01/02 . And suppose all the quota gets over just around our PD. Another year to spend in this self imposed jail. Yet another scenario, they keep it current and award GC to those from 2006/2007 PD whose name checks came first.

After all this waiting everyday I struggle with the thought whether this piece of paper worth it ?

This is what has always happened when Cut-off dates arer artificially made 'Current'; a whole slew of late-date cases are accepted by USCIS, the process the 'easy' ones and let the other go COMPLETELY disgregarded (just like PERM tidal wave made it easy for them to forget BEC).

Cut-off dates do 2 things: they prevent queue-jumping, and they keep the per country limits intact. If you want to get rid of fifo, and per country limits, fine. But don't do it by manipulating/tricking DOS into issuing phoney visa bulletins.

Guys ,

My wife GC process is going on. Her labor and I-140 approved ( In that, she is a primary and I am secondary)

I am looking for a Really Excellent lawer who can decide stratagy realistically.

Thanks
Why your I-485 application got denied?

attorney for you

http://www.usvisagroup.com/
Mr. Stump is good at crazy cases. Might be expensive.

Guys ,

Thanks

Rfe

The attorney received RFE for my the primary (spouse is dependent) application. The latest employment verificaiton letter(we've sent one when we filed last year, now they want one more to check whether we are still employed, I guess!) and the other one is to submit color copies of passport pages. We have until Aug17th to reply.

The scary sh*t is that the online message wasn't updated at all. We haven't received any auto emails too and no LUDs... I'm happy that the attorney got this and he followed up on this... otherwise we would have been in deep sh*t!

Got LUD For Both application !!!!

Guys,
Last one year We did not had any LUD on I-485, when I checked my account today I found that Me and My wife have an LUD of 07/14/2007 and 07/27/2007

...Does this mean I (primary have cleared the FBI Name Check)....
...Should I expect any progress on our case.....
...Advice.........

Thanks

Wait finally over

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that today we got our GC's.
The wait is finally over.
Don't remember much details about my case before 485 application but 485 was applied in June 2005, did 3 ead's and AP's since then.

Good luck to all of you.
This forum has been a fantastic source of information.

Keep up the good work and keep sharing.
Knowledge/information is power.

"In Review

I called NSC yesterday and the lady told me that my case is "In Review". What does this mean? I asked her that does this mean my name check has been cleared. And she said she doesn't have any information about that. Does anybody get the same answer when calling NSC? I called previously and always told that case is pending because of name check.:confused:

Obtaining namecheck statistics using FOIA

Sorry for cross posting.

Is it possible to invoke FOIA to get some information about namecheck? Specifically I want to know how many applications are pending for over a year, how much time does a manual check take on an average and how many lawsuits are pending against them. I know some of this information has been made available by FBI/Ombudsman, but I am interested in latest numbers.

Do you think they will provide this information?

Still pending

Just returned from another Infopass appointment. Information is the same as two month ago: FBI name check is pending. The officer was so kind, he recommended me to write to Congressional rep. or directly to the First Lady. He said: "Officially it doesn't work, but I see the results". Will try.

Called NSC and the IO said that they are still processing I-485 AOS cases from August 2006. Is this information correct, has anyone seen any activity on their case filed after August 2006.

The date is only an estimate. My I-485 was filed after August 2006 and approved last month.

EB2-RIR PD - 5/29/2003
Certified - 8/14/2006
I-140 RD - 9/22/2006
I-140 Approved - 5/22/2007
I-485 RD - 10/23/2006
I-485 Approved - 7/31/2007

The_scientist
I-140: PD 01/05
REtrogressed: YES
EB2 NIW India Concurrently filed I-140/I-485 to NSC for me and spouse.

I-140 RFE: 06/05; I-140 Approved: 09/05
I-485 receipt date 01/06/05; Notice date 01/12/05: RFE received 10/05 for me and spouse and RFE replied 16/12/05. LUD on I-485 20/12/05 (that USCIS received RFE to I485).

FP: 05/05 and 04/06 and 03/07
EAD: 08/06 and 08/07
AP: 10/06

Took an 'Infopass' in April, 07 and was told that FP is cleared but namecheck is not cleared yet.

Also I have another I-140 (PD: 06/05) approved in EB1/OR on 07/05.
Requested for transfer of I-485 to EB1/OR in 02/07. No response for USCIS on that. Opened a Service Request on 08/01/07 and awaiting reply.