Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

hi greencard2007_confirmed,
thank you very much for your nice words, it did shed some light into my dark tunnel. I hope i am like your friend justwatching. I remember his ID from the phily BEC i think i remember you there too. 3.5yr rotting in BEC and let's see how long this one will cost me.
have a good one,

My best friend on this forum ( just watching ) went to InfoPass and got that he was stuck on NC , after few days he got his approval which did not make any sense to him or me.

so these numbers / dates are not really acurrate, like every thing else on the immigration process.

I spoke to Rajiv Khanna about that today and he confirmed this too.

I got worried from igor_ch message so I called the 1-800 number, the IO confirmed that my case was approved then I asked about this issue and she transferred me to supervisor ( after few mines on hold, I was like what did igor_ch got me in ), the guy was very nice and mention that not to worry about these details, approved case is approved case and there is nothing like revert that back, in addition the visa numbers was assigned on June but it takes time to move the cases to production and order the cards, so more approval will show on months of July, august and September.

Relax guys, you might get it every soon. There is hope.

Congratulations GreenCardC2010.

Your signature states "World"

This is the reason you escaped from Name check blackhole quickly. If one is from India or China different timeframes apply.

My best friend on this forum ( just watching ) went to InfoPass and got that he was stuck on NC , after few days he got his approval which did not make any sense to him or me.

so these numbers / dates are not really acurrate, like every thing else on the immigration process.

A visa number is pulled before approval. Since they anticipated the retrogression, they could have pulled visa numbers before the actual approval date. and I think that is the case. Also other postings confirm that.

so, folks, breathe easy..
thanks
Ela
I think any people receiving approvals dated in July should consult with their lawyers before really using GC for a job change, travel or anything. Send a letter to immigration-law.com as well, may be they will post an answer for everybody's benefit. There were cases when GC would get revoked after USCIS gave approval to a "retrogressed" person. USCIS would claim approval was just a "clerical error" as they had no right under the current law to issue that GC.

I have no intention to spoil you celebration, but approval during the time of total EB Visa number unavailability does sound like a clerical error. Better be safe than sorry.

Rest of the world is stuck in NC big time too

This is the reason you escaped from Name check blackhole quickly. If one is from India or China different timeframes apply.

bigbang,

Do not be so sure. People from eastern Europe, especialy from the countries that were Soviet in the past, are stuck in NC blackhole big time. I would say that the percentage of people that are stuck relative to people who are applying from past Soviet counries, is much higher than the same percentage for applicants from India and China. Probably and unfortunatly, FBI still cannot forget cold war :rolleyes:
It does not metter which last name you have, if you are from Soviet Union - they will scrutinize you more. :mad:

Thank you guys and best luck for everybody.
I am middle eastern so I do not think its the country factor, its more of name matching.

BTW: my spouse case had 2 LUD changes after the approval while my case did not, do you guys know if this is normal?

Congratulations GreenCardC2010.

the LUDs might or might not be good news. it is hard to tell. Did you try to find out whether her name check is pending? I had two LUDs on 4/6 and 4/10 this year and nothing happened so far. Once i was lucky enough to speak to a lady from NSC and she told me that they pulled out my case in april and since my NC was still pending so they just put the case back. every time they retrieve your case and then "return" to the system there will be a LUD.

Thank you guys and best luck for everybody.
I am middle eastern so I do not think its the country factor, its more of name matching.

BTW: my spouse case had 2 LUD changes after the approval while my case did not, do you guys know if this is normal?

bigbang,

Do not be so sure. People from eastern Europe, especialy from the countries that were Soviet in the past, are stuck in NC blackhole big time. I would say that the percentage of people that are stuck relative to people who are applying from past Soviet counries, is much higher than the same percentage for applicants from India and China. Probably and unfortunatly, FBI still cannot forget cold war :rolleyes:
It does not metter which last name you have, if you are from Soviet Union - they will scrutinize you more. :mad:

... and I'm from canada and have been in NC for 3 years.

this makes sense but in my situation my case was approved last monday , any how i just got LUD change on both case:

On July 13, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

the LUDs might or might not be good news. it is hard to tell. Did you try to find out whether her name check is pending? I had two LUDs on 4/6 and 4/10 this year and nothing happened so far. Once i was lucky enough to speak to a lady from NSC and she told me that they pulled out my case in april and since my NC was still pending so they just put the case back. every time they retrieve your case and then "return" to the system there will be a LUD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Phone number do I need to call to talk to customer rep at Nebraska for pending 485 application? I called their listed number (800) 375 – 5283 and it goes to automated message system.

Thanks
140 AD - Dec 2006
485 RD - 12 Jan 2007

EB2 - India - PD - Nov. 2002
Filed I-485/EAD - May 31, 2007
Receipt not yet received
Finger prints received - June 18,2007
Finger prints done - July 03,2007
Receipt date June 11,2007

Receipt not yet received

Can you explain?

Receipt not yet received

Here you said 'Receipt not yet received' and there is Receipt date: June 11, 2007. What does this mean?

Did you receive finger print letter at your home or through lawyer?

My lawyer mailed my I-485 to Nebraska and it was received on June 19th 2007. My I-140 was approved in May 2007 with a case SRCXXXXXXX.

As of today the checks have not been cashed, there is no notice date, so here are my questions:

1- Will my case be processed in Texas because my I-140 Was approved there (SRCXXXXXXX)?

2- If the answer is Yes (processed in Texas) will Nebraska cash the check and enter my case in the system before their 18th of July deadline? or will they simply mail my case to Texas without entering anything in the system and Texas will cash the check and enter my info in the system before their August 3rd deadline?

Thanks,

I-485 Approved e-mail

Dear Friends,
I got the magic email. :) :) :) :) :) :)
"The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident."

Checked my status every day after FP(3/30/07). After 7/4 lost hope that my case would be approved. It has been a long, long wait.
Best of luck to all of you. Hope for the best.

I'm planning to travel to India , how long should i wait for the card ?

Thanks
GCDO

4/16/2002 EB2 CA
Stuck in labor and then Backlog processing center in Dallas
1/20/2007 Labor approved
2/25/2007 I-485 Rcvd (Nebraska )
3/30/2007 FP
LUD(s):3/31/2007 , 7/16/2007

CIS Ombudsman Online Annual Report + Commenting Tool

As you might know, the CIS Ombudsman is an independent office in the DHS which looks for systematic problems that USCIS customers (immigration benefit applicants) have and tries to fix them. His suggestions have been helpful so far (like E-Filing) and based on his reports, he seems to be a fair and realistic person.
This year in order to get more feedback from us, he has made an online version of his 2007 report to the congress. Thru that page, USCIS customers (We) can submit our suggestions or comments directly to his office through email.
I think this is the only way that the Ombudsman and then USCIS can figure out what concerns we have. I invite you to visit this page when you have free time and send your comments to him. I am very hopeful that this gets somewhere as he has tried to make immigration easier and processing more efficient in the past three years and he was successful.

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/...751418157.shtm

Something that I will emphasize on, will be the FBI namecheck. Although he knows where the problem is and has metioned it very clearly in his 2006 and 2007 report, I still think we need to bring it up. This way, we will support his position on this serious issue.

Best regards

Got receipt # by calling up USCIS.
EB3 - India - Sep'01(priority date)
Labor - approved in Jan'07
140 - approved on 5th July'07 (Premium processing)
485 :
applied on 6/13/07
got receipt # on 7/16/07 for 485/131/765
(Case applied to NSC, but is now transferred to Texas)

In my case, the card came within 10 days..
thanks
ela
Dear Friends,
I got the magic email. :) :) :) :) :) :)
"The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident."

Checked my status every day after FP(3/30/07). After 7/4 lost hope that my case would be approved. It has been a long, long wait.
Best of luck to all of you. Hope for the best.

I'm planning to travel to India , how long should i wait for the card ?

Thanks
GCDO

4/16/2002 EB2 CA
Stuck in labor and then Backlog processing center in Dallas
1/20/2007 Labor approved
2/25/2007 I-485 Rcvd (Nebraska )
3/30/2007 FP
LUD(s):3/31/2007 , 7/16/2007