Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I'll be generous and not simply blast you for posting WAY OFF TOPIC!!:rolleyes: since you do contribute to this thread.

What would your spouse's H4 be transfered TO? Her H4 is as YOUR dependant, nothing else. So, unless she is getting married to someone else with H1, there is nothing to transfer (aside: even you aren't transfering your h1, you are getting a new one, but that is another topic).

It is beneficial to have the same EXPIRY date for both the H1 and the H4 so that one doesn't 'forget' to renew the expiring H4 when renewing H1 (that may be what the legal was talking about), but her H4 remains valid so long as YOU have H1 status -- ANY H1 status, and she has plenty of time left on her current, valid H4.

next time, go the the multiple H1 threads for this type of question.

Hi

When a H1B holder changes employer, only that person will have to get the H1B transferred to the new employer. There is no such thing as H4 transfer. H4 is just a visa which makes your dependent arrive/stay in US based on your H1B visa's validity. As long as the H4 visa is not expired, there is no compulsion to file for a new H4. However, the second lawyer would have recommended to file H4 along with your transfer petition just to make the validity of the H4 visa is also extended along with the new/trasnferred H1B visa. Hope this helps!!!

If you have further queries regarding this, please use appropriate H1B msg board as there may be more people like you in those msg boards who can provide more accurate response.

transfering my H-1B (Valid until Sep.09) to the new Co.? Do I really need to transfer my wife H4 (Valid until Sep.09) too?

FYI..I spoke with two lawyers, one said H4 doesn't need to be transfered as long as it's valid, second said H4 is better off to transfer too?

Any insight would be really appreciated.

Nelsona,

Are you jacka*s or what? It is none of your business. Get out of here...
Could someone please tell me why so many, like jack_xie here, are so fascinated by what another person's RFE was about?

Who cares?:eek: What they answer has no bearing on anyone else's case.
Each RFE is based on the case involved, and are usually quite simply answered.

If one has a specific question about an RFE they get, the ASK the question. Don't poll every mention of an RFE to find out if maybe, somehow, it will apply to you. :mad:

AC 21 Portability during I485

transfering my H-1B (Valid until Sep.09) to the new Co.? Do I really need to transfer my wife H4 (Valid until Sep.09) too?

FYI..I spoke with two lawyers, one said H4 doesn't need to be transfered as long as it's valid, second said H4 is better off to transfer too?

Any insight would be really appreciated.

Hello Ca'twaitany,

Are you filing AC21 yourself, or is it through your lawyer? From where did you download the forms?What is the procedure? I am currently on a EAD waiting for namecheck to clear:confused: ( my 6 year H1B expired in Oct 2005), but I guess I might as well start looking into AC21 portability( I can't bear any longer with the current job)!:mad:

PD Jan 2002/140 approved/I485 RD 7/2006/NCheck pending

No, My new Co. lawyer is going to that. Sorry I can't help

you that much. But I guess in USCIS web site you can find the Forms and required documnets for H-1B.

Hello Ca'twaitany,

Are you filing AC21 yourself, or is it through your lawyer? From where did you download the forms?What is the procedure? I am currently on a EAD waiting for namecheck to clear:confused: ( my 6 year H1B expired in Oct 2005), but I guess I might as well start looking into AC21 portability( I can't bear any longer with the current job)!:mad:

PD Jan 2002/140 approved/I485 RD 7/2006/NCheck pending

Last edited by a moderator:
Recent Approvals

Can someone please explain to me how come we have these approvals and it is 7/10/2007? Have they not stopped approving or are these some 'leftover' cases, and the new visa numbers won't be available until 10/1/2007

thanks

congratulations

Hi greencard2007(sorry i changed your ID :) ):
first of all congratulations!
Since you mentioned that you had gone through everything including "name check", I was just wondering if you meant that you were once stuck in name check? i noticed that your 485 was filed in sept 07. did you ever file a service request or infopass to find out that you were stuck in name check? when was that?
Sorry I am hasseling you here just to give myself and all the old timers on this forum some hope on this "once stuck forever stuck" theory.
thanks and congratualations again.

Ladies and gentlemen: there is always hope.

Finally I got the magic email yesterday 07/09/2007, the journey ended after over 6 years, I applied for labor through NY on Nov 2001 and went through all kind of issues: Delays, recession, NY SEAS delays issues and queries, move to the national centers, visa availability, 485 RFE, Name check and Finally I lost hope and stopped checking the status and other immigration web sites, then yesterday i got the email:

On July 9, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register

I wish you all the best and do not lose hope your cases might be in the queue now waiting for final approval.

thank you and good luck to you.

i went to infopass on Nov/2006 and was told that my case is pending the name check. then i got the RFE 2 weeks later and responded back on DEC and since then no news, no LUD....

Hi greencard2007(sorry i changed your ID :) ):
first of all congratulations!
Since you mentioned that you had gone through everything including "name check", I was just wondering if you meant that you were once stuck in name check? i noticed that your 485 was filed in sept 07. did you ever file a service request or infopass to find out that you were stuck in name check? when was that?
Sorry I am hasseling you here just to give myself and all the old timers on this forum some hope on this "once stuck forever stuck" theory.
thanks and congratualations again.

I think any people receiving approvals dated in July should consult with their lawyers before really using GC for a job change, travel or anything. Send a letter to immigration-law.com as well, may be they will post an answer for everybody's benefit. There were cases when GC would get revoked after USCIS gave approval to a "retrogressed" person. USCIS would claim approval was just a "clerical error" as they had no right under the current law to issue that GC.

I have no intention to spoil you celebration, but approval during the time of total EB Visa number unavailability does sound like a clerical error. Better be safe than sorry.

Can someone please explain to me how come we have these approvals and it is 7/10/2007? Have they not stopped approving or are these some 'leftover' cases, and the new visa numbers won't be available until 10/1/2007

thanks

Your words carry cautionary note and to an extent you have provided good reasons to back that up.

However there are too many cases which have been approved and all can not be a result of a clerical error. They may have been assigned Visa numbers last month or even July 1st and are now being brought to completion.

Name check ... man I never thought after going through BEC there is another black hole to traverse through.

I think any people receiving approvals dated in July should consult with their lawyers before really using GC for a job change, travel or anything. Send a letter to immigration-law.com as well, may be they will post an answer for everybody's benefit. There were cases when GC would get revoked after USCIS gave approval to a "retrogressed" person. USCIS would claim approval was just a "clerical error" as they had no right under the current law to issue that GC.

I have no intention to spoil you celebration, but approval during the time of total EB Visa number unavailability does sound like a clerical error. Better be safe than sorry.

any one could tell me what this service Request Response for I-485 means?

Hi,
I just received a service request response y'day.
The Status of this Service request is:
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perfom additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.
it doesn't say that we are stuck in security check. when we took info pass appointment, they are saying all checks are cleared since last week. but when we enquired thru congressaman they are saying secutiry check pending and now got a different response.
any ideas pelase respond to this thread.

Thanks..

Thank you greencard2010,
so it appears that you dont' belong to the lucky 80% whose NC got clearned in a month or two but you do belong to the lucky 20% that got out less than 6 months. only <1% the case take longer than 6mo and i am one of them.
enjoy your freedom now!
cheers.
thank you and good luck to you.

i went to infopass on Nov/2006 and was told that my case is pending the name check. then i got the RFE 2 weeks later and responded back on DEC and since then no news, no LUD....

hi sn2001, are you the primary applicant? my friend's spouse got exactly the same response as yours while the primary applicant of their family got a response saying "background investigation is still pending..." and when they called the congressman's office and they were told that the principal's NC is still pending and the sponse' name check is complete so you get that kind of email...
but if you are the principal maybe that means your NC is done and ready to get approved??,

Hi,
I just received a service request response y'day.
The Status of this Service request is:
Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perfom additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call customer service at the number provided below.
it doesn't say that we are stuck in security check. when we took info pass appointment, they are saying all checks are cleared since last week. but when we enquired thru congressaman they are saying secutiry check pending and now got a different response.
any ideas pelase respond to this thread.

Thanks..

I got worried from igor_ch message so I called the 1-800 number, the IO confirmed that my case was approved then I asked about this issue and she transferred me to supervisor ( after few mines on hold, I was like what did igor_ch got me in ), the guy was very nice and mention that not to worry about these details, approved case is approved case and there is nothing like revert that back, in addition the visa numbers was assigned on June but it takes time to move the cases to production and order the cards, so more approval will show on months of July, august and September.

Relax guys, you might get it every soon. There is hope.

Your words carry cautionary note and to an extent you have provided good reasons to back that up.

However there are too many cases which have been approved and all can not be a result of a clerical error. They may have been assigned Visa numbers last month or even July 1st and are now being brought to completion.

Name check ... man I never thought after going through BEC there is another black hole to traverse through.

My best friend on this forum ( just watching ) went to InfoPass and got that he was stuck on NC , after few days he got his approval which did not make any sense to him or me.

so these numbers / dates are not really acurrate, like every thing else on the immigration process.

Thank you greencard2010,
so it appears that you dont' belong to the lucky 80% whose NC got clearned in a month or two but you do belong to the lucky 20% that got out less than 6 months. only <1% the case take longer than 6mo and i am one of them.
enjoy your freedom now!
cheers.