Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

This is bad. Do you have a link for the source ?

At this point, it is just a rumor. I do not know who started it. It was reported by aila.org and immigration-law.com (which echoed the postings from AILA). Usually, their sources are reliable. It may not be as bad it it seems. Let's keep the hope..

Unfortunately yes - I would assume as they don't have any visa numbers available and when they adjugate a case they will have pull/use a visa number
thanks
ela
Gurus,
What does it mean to people who are in the queue already? Does it mean that they have stopped approving cases?

This is ridiculous. How can they use up all categories? I mean I can imagine EB-3 or EB-2 India. But how can every category get used up? Looks like they're going to waste more visas this year.

In a tough time like now (retrogressed), I would like to bring in a glimmer of hope for some. Basically my labor started in October 2002 and then in October 2003 (waiting time was only 3 months for processing NIW at the time of application) I decided to apply for NIW. I got my NIW approved in Feb 2005 (about 1.5 years later!!). I applied for 485 (California center) in March 2005 and I think it was May 2005, it went into retrogression – just when it was almost there.. Then, I got my labor approval in August 2006 and I140 approval in September 2006.

Then I started trying to climb the tree of I140 substitution/relink without luck. Initially, I had sent in a request to relink in Nov 2006. I put in a service request in December 2006 and I got a reply in January saying that visa numbers are unavailable. In February 2007, I tried calling customer service and told them (playing dumb) that there should have been an error with the reply – the reply says there is no visa number, however, it should be available based on the labor I140 (after relink). I was passed on to some officer and he said that he will get back to me. The very next day came to know that my file was sent to NSC!! (coincidence!!??) I paid $2000 to a lawyer just to do the I140 relinking. Then, my file sat there for a while, got FP notice in April 2007 – still no sign of I140 substitution. Finally, in May bulletin, the NIW I140 current…I could not put in a service request as I was told to wait for 60 days after the latest activity..
I got a RFE for TB skin test and asked for H1 approvals in June. I begged my paralegal to send in the reply as soon as possible (amidst the wave of people trying to apply for 485). The RFE reached them on 26th and I got an email on 29th at 3.15 california time (5.15 pm NSC time) that the card was ordered. Perhaps barely managed to get out…

This is my opinion. If your case PD is in end of 2003 or early 2004, you might be lucky after October 2007. I know it is hard to wait, but bear with the time. It might be assuring to know that once the FP is done (as long as the name check is cleared), there is nothing much more to be done. I have followed several cases and the next time (after your FP) they touch your file, it will be approved the same day or worst possible case will be issued a routine RFE. Even if you get a RFE, they usually approve the case in less than a month after the reply. NSC usually does “pre-adjugation”. Basically, they do everything necessary except the final step of approval. Getting a FP notices during retrogression is a sign that you are getting almost there. Bottomline, FP marks the end of the process. Just one more touch and you are done. So, all the people who are done with FP, just hang in there, you are very very close. If you read the standard operating procedure of 485, you will see that the file basically waits for assignment to an officer after FP. Once someone picks it up, you are done!! So, if your FP is ready, keep the champagne bottle ready in October (just three months from now – you guys waited for so long, you can do it..)

Good luck

Labor filed – October 2002
Went to federal office from state for labor clearance – October 2003
Filed NIW – October 2003
NIW AD – Feb 05
485 RD – Mar 05
Went into retrogression in May/June 05
Labor approved in late 2006
Labor based I140 AD – November 2006
I140 relink request – November/dec 2006
File transferred from CSC to NSC - February 2007
FP done April 13
RFE early june for TB skin test
RFE reply RD – June 26
Card ordered letter – June 29th
LUD 4-4, 4-11, 4-12, 4-13, 4-14, 4-17, sometime in june –got RFE, June 26 – RFE reply, June 29th Card ordered email. (did not keep track of the luds before that –my file was sent to NSC from CSC on Feb 9th 2007)

In a tough time like now (retrogressed), I would like to bring in a glimmer of hope for some. Basically my labor started in October 2002 and then in October 2003 (waiting time was only 3 months for processing NIW at the time of application) I decided to apply for NIW. I got my NIW approved in Feb 2005 (about 1.5 years later!!). I applied for 485 (California center) in March 2005 and I think it was May 2005, it went into retrogression – just when it was almost there.. Then, I got my labor approval in August 2006 and I140 approval in September 2006.

Then I started trying to climb the tree of I140 substitution/relink without luck. Initially, I had sent in a request to relink in Nov 2006. I put in a service request in December 2006 and I got a reply in January saying that visa numbers are unavailable. In February 2007, I tried calling customer service and told them (playing dumb) that there should have been an error with the reply – the reply says there is no visa number, however, it should be available based on the labor I140 (after relink). I was passed on to some officer and he said that he will get back to me. The very next day came to know that my file was sent to NSC!! (coincidence!!??) I paid $2000 to a lawyer just to do the I140 relinking. Then, my file sat there for a while, got FP notice in April 2007 – still no sign of I140 substitution. Finally, in May bulletin, the NIW I140 current…I could not put in a service request as I was told to wait for 60 days after the latest activity..
I got a RFE for TB skin test and asked for H1 approvals in June. I begged my paralegal to send in the reply as soon as possible (amidst the wave of people trying to apply for 485). The RFE reached them on 26th and I got an email on 29th at 3.15 california time (5.15 pm NSC time) that the card was ordered. Perhaps barely managed to get out…

This is my opinion. If your case PD is in end of 2003 or early 2004, you might be lucky after October 2007. I know it is hard to wait, but bear with the time. It might be assuring to know that once the FP is done (as long as the name check is cleared), there is nothing much more to be done. I have followed several cases and the next time (after your FP) they touch your file, it will be approved the same day or worst possible case will be issued a routine RFE. Even if you get a RFE, they usually approve the case in less than a month after the reply. NSC usually does “pre-adjugation”. Basically, they do everything necessary except the final step of approval. Getting a FP notices during retrogression is a sign that you are getting almost there. Bottomline, FP marks the end of the process. Just one more touch and you are done. So, all the people who are done with FP, just hang in there, you are very very close. If you read the standard operating procedure of 485, you will see that the file basically waits for assignment to an officer after FP. Once someone picks it up, you are done!! So, if your FP is ready, keep the champagne bottle ready in October (just three months from now – you guys waited for so long, you can do it..)

Good luck

Filed NIW – October 2003
NIW AD – Feb 05
485 RD – Mar 05
FP done April 13
RFE reply RD – June 26
LUD 4-4, 4-11, 4-12, 4-13, 4-14, 4-17, sometime in june –got RFE, June 26 – RFE reply, June 29th Card ordered email. (did not keep track of the luds before that –my file was sent to NSC from CSC on Feb 9th 2007)

Congratulation. You are very lucky.

My PD is April 2002 and I got RFE on 06/12/2006 regarding my photoes but my lawyer did not reply until June 29 and they received on June 30, so I have no luck.

Is there any chance, they still approve my case?

Good luck

Filed NIW – October 2003
NIW AD – Feb 05
485 RD – Mar 05
FP done April 13
RFE reply RD – June 26

Congratulation. You are very lucky.

My PD is April 2002 and I got RFE on 06/12/2006 regarding my photoes but my lawyer did not reply until June 29 and they received on June 30, so I have no luck.

Is there any chance, they still approve my case?

We received our approval today

All,

By God's grace ,Surprisingly we received our approval today. Not sure if this can be valid but I am not going to worry about it now.

Details below.

Priority Date: 06/02/2004
Labor approval date: 12/2004
Concurrent filing RD: 12/29/2004
Notice date: 01/10/2005
I140 approved : 05/10/2005
EAD/AP : Approved 3 times , Applied for 4th one in June and waiting
Finger print completed twice
485 approval email recd: 07/02/2007

As someone who has been FP'd 3 times, let me assure you that ela6's statement that those FP'd are 'almost done' is a slight oversimplification. FP's are ordered every 15-18 months, regardless of the progress of your case.

June took care of all the easy cases that had been pre-adjudicated, It is expected that cut-off dates will return to what they werre 2-3 months ago, now that so many have filed in June, so the wait will extend far beyond October for June-filers, even if they get their FP notice.

All,

By God's grace ,Surprisingly we received our approval today. Not sure if this can be valid but I am not going to worry about it now.

Details below.

Priority Date: 06/02/2004
Labor approval date: 12/2004
Concurrent filing RD: 12/29/2004
Notice date: 01/10/2005
I140 approved : 05/10/2005
EAD/AP : Approved 3 times , Applied for 4th one in June and waiting
Finger print completed twice
485 approval email recd: 07/02/2007

Congratulations. Was there RFE on your case?

First I thank everybody in this forrum for the support to hang on
After the Retrogression News in the morning i recived a card ordered email in the evening for all memebers of the Family and Journey of 5 LONG years ended.

Good signs during the long wait.
CA PD June 2002
1) After 2nd FP ( may be NC cleared)
2) RFE ( Might have been preadjudicated and may be verifying that petioner is still in the country)
3) Service request opened ( Call 1-800 of NSC after 2 weeks of RFE reply)
4) Card Aprroved email ( after 2 weeks of SR, No welcome,No approval mail)

Thanks to Rajeev

Good luck to everybody.

Nelsona,
I welcome your comments and I know you are a valuable contributor to the forum.

One of the issues you are facing is that your name check is not cleared and I had mentioned that IF the name check is cleared then it is almost done (implies that if it is not clear, then all bets are off). Because, you barely get one LUD before final approval that would imply that they do not do much after FP.
If you look at the LUDs of most approved people there is probably one LUD including the approval activity. I had been trending this for a while since I had gotten my FP done in April.

My original FP was done in March/April 2005. I got the next one after 24 months. I think the habit of 15-18 months FP does not apply to people who are NOT near the finish line - for example, retrogressed.

So, to clarify, if you get a FP after retrogression is cleared and if your name check is clear, you are almost there - not necessarily in terms of time but on procedures. You might have to wait a while for the last step to occur. However, only one step is left. If you get stuck at name check, you will keep getting renewals of FP and may not mean much. FP is a good sign if your track is clear and it indicates that there is only one more time the file needs to be picked up (the time it takes for this last step can vary). for non-retrogressed countries, the whole 485 process is taking about 9-12 months. So, the wait can't to too long after FP.

Hope that clarifies. Thanks
Ela
As someone who has been FP'd 3 times, let me assure you that ela6's statement that those FP'd are 'almost done' is a slight oversimplification. FP's are ordered every 15-18 months, regardless of the progress of your case.

June took care of all the easy cases that had been pre-adjudicated, It is expected that cut-off dates will return to what they werre 2-3 months ago, now that so many have filed in June, so the wait will extend far beyond October for June-filers, even if they get their FP notice.

Last edited by a moderator:
secuirty pending

Hi,
at the infopass appt they said my name check cleared but still security check pending and 485 RD february 2003 and priority date is in 2001. no finger prints issued after 2004. any one has any one idea like how long it takes to clear the security pending cases?

Thanks.

Hi,
at the infopass appt they said my name check cleared but still security check pending and 485 RD february 2003 and priority date is in 2001. no finger prints issued after 2004. any one has any one idea like how long it takes to clear the security pending cases?

Thanks.
How is security check different from name check? I thought they both are same and done by FBI..

Indigestion

I am trying to digest how USCIS could approve tons of applications in June
and they didn't know about the trend in June when they possibly advised DOS about July visa number availability .

Is it that suddenly FBI cleared a ton of applications in June ?
Or, is it that the USCIS internal background check machinery cleared
applications in a flurry ?