Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I think they could have three main categories for approvals on older cases:
1. Recent Visa Bulletin changes (most likely)
2. Complicated cases. According to USCIS Ombudsman, more complicated cases tend to be posponed further and further, because offices get paid (or otherwise recognized?) "for performance" and officers cannot claim good performance if they have to spend time resolving old complex cases, so they just keep working on simple cases
3. FBI NC backlog clearance... Very unlikely, but could be the case, especially with the heat around this issue, you never know what's in the black box...

However, acceptance of a large number of cases and then severe retrogression could be very helpful to USCIS, because it will re-categorize many of "FBI-backlogged" cases to "retrogressed" cases, dramatically improving their FBI-related statistics, and reducing WOM flood. And all of that huge backlog reduction will come without spending a dime on optimizing performance!!! Does that sound like a smart move on their part?

There is no doubt that the cut-off date elimination (even if it is only for 2 months) is a HUGE cash grab for CIS. It will placate IndianVoice.org for a time, as it will allow for EAD/AP/AC21 for these ones. But i nSept/Oct when cut-ff date returns to 'normal (ie. 2002/3) the banshees will return.

And, believe me, with all these fresh cases in their in basket, there will be absolutely no effort to resolve any 'complicated case' nor for the FBI to do any manual checking.

If you are stuck, you will remain so, only deeper. :mad:

Got an email from USCIS that our cards have been ordered. Looks like my GC has been approved after more than 5 years.
----------------------------------------
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 25, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days...

EB-3
PD:Sep 2001
485 RD: 4/2004
140 approved: 12/2004
Transferred from CSC to NSC 4/2007
485 approved: 6/26/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Received the physical cards and approval notices both for me and wife.

Cards are showing the expiration dates in Jun 2017.

But the approval / welcome notices have the following contents towards the end ....

"Your new card will expire two years from when you became a permanent resident. By law your resident status is conditional, and you must apply to remove those conditions before your card expires. We recommend you apply several months before your card expires". etc etc

I am in EB2 category.

Is this a general statement in all the welcome notices or what (employment based) ??

Would you guys (who have received the welcome / appoval notice), please check your letters and post about it ...

Congrats. Can you please provide your detail (485 RD, ND...). thanks

Got an email from USCIS that our cards have been ordered. Looks like my GC has been approved after more than 5 years.
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 25, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days...

EB-3
PD:Sep 2001
140 approved: 12/2004
Transferred from CSC to NSC 4/2007
485 approved: 6/26/2007

Congrats. Can you please provide your I-485 detail, like RD, ND... namcheck... thanks

And, believe me, with all these fresh cases in their in basket, there will be absolutely no effort to resolve any 'complicated case' nor for the FBI to do any manual checking.

If you are stuck, you will remain so, only deeper. :mad:

Folks,
we can sit here for years, wailing about our miseries, or we can at least go down fighting. There's a campaign going on to send a letter to judiciary committe. If you haven't done so already please take a look at this thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=174845&page=59

for dreamer_NY

hi dreamer_ny,
how did you nag them? did you call and ask to speak to someone? i had faxed/mailed a letter to first lady/congressman/senator 1-2 weeks ago and no response whatsoever so i was wondering if i should call and ask to speak to someone. how long did you wait before hassel them again?
thanks and good luck to us all

I was nagging congressman's office for couple of weeks to find out the status, finally I called again on 6/5. They called FBI to get the status then the congressman's office also confirmed with NSC that it has received the NC from FBI.

No update on web no LUD for NC cleared either, hope this information is correct.

hi dreamer_ny,
how did you nag them? did you call and ask to speak to someone? i had faxed/mailed a letter to first lady/congressman/senator 1-2 weeks ago and no response whatsoever so i was wondering if i should call and ask to speak to someone. how long did you wait before hassel them again?
thanks and good luck to us all

Just calls (Once you tell them the reason for the call, they autometically route you to the person responsible). I called at the end of March for the first time and I got the response back (in few days) that my NC is pending then I called again in the middle of May. I started calling every week till i got the response on 6/5. I think it depends on the congressman/senator.
I have also called our senator multiple times but not a single response in the last 2 months.

thanks dreamer, as i was speaking to you i got a letter from one of the senator. they ask me to sign some private information release form and fax them back so they can contact the agencies for my case. let's see. i am going to call the other senator and the congressman.

Just calls (Once you tell them the reason for the call, they autometically route you to the person responsible). I called at the end of March for the first time and I got the response back (in few days) that my NC is pending then I called again in the middle of May. I started calling every week till i got the response on 6/5. I think it depends on the congressman/senator.
I have also called our senator multiple times but not a single response in the last 2 months.

Contact one senator at a time. If the first one has asked for the release form that means they are going to contact the agency. Give them about a week to two and then see the outcome. By simultaneously contacting more than one senator (especially when one is moving) won't help you and in fact can end up annoying the guy who is processing your file.

In other words, I don't see any advantage of contacting many at the same time. If one is not helping, then of course, it makes sense to contact another.

I contacted one several times and the person in charge told me that she had sent in multiple reqs to the agency. After 6 weeks are so, I saw an RFE. One possibility is that the agency felt that my case is nearing approval and so did not bother to reply to the senator's request. Finally, I got an RFE to which I have just replied. BTW, It was a straight forward RFE.

Senator's simply put a status inquiry on your behalf (even when you cannot send one - in my case I had to wait some more time to put in an inquiry due to my file transferred from CSC to NSC). So, why put in too may inquiries??

Just my opinion..
Thanks
Ela

thanks dreamer, as i was speaking to you i got a letter from one of the senator. they ask me to sign some private information release form and fax them back so they can contact the agencies for my case. let's see. i am going to call the other senator and the congressman.

EB3 India
PD NOV 2001
140 RD May, 2006(NSC)
140 AD NOV, 2006(NSC)
485 RD 7 JUNE, 2007
first FP (Code 3) 10 JULY/07
485 AD - ?

This is an excerpt from immigration-law.com c/o AILA:

According to the AILA, approximately 40,000 visas remain in all employment-based categories, other than EW, for FY2007, according to its sources, and that the USCIS has far more than 40,000 adjustment applications in the backlog queue that are ready for approval, not to mention the additional numbers which will be consumed in concular immigrant visa processing. It is thus possible that the cap may reach within a short period in July, even though no one can predict it until after July 2, 2007. The USCIS at this time does not have any policy announced with reference to July 2007 I-485 filings which are filed after certain date in July when the total number is exhausted. However, considering the fact that the USCIS currently rejects the "Other Worker" category I-485 applications even though June 2007 Visa Bulletin show current for certain applicants because the "other worker" category quota was exhausted on June 5, 2007. This raises a serious concern because as we reported earlier today, the USCIS appears to be picking up the speed of processing of backlog I-485 applications in anticipation of flood of July 485 applications. The USCIS hands may be tied, should the EB visa numbers for FY 2007 is exhausted before the end of July.
The situation is particularly critical because of the USCIS decision not to accept the I-485 filings without the medical report. AILA demanded leniency but the USCIS reportely refused to accept such demand. Since medical report is "initial evidence" to I-485 filing, under the recent rule change, any I-485 filing with the medical report can be rejected or denied. Reports indicate that there are a huge backlog in scheduling medical examination in most of the areas in the country.

This is an excerpt from immigration-law.com c/o AILA:

According to the AILA, approximately 40,000 visas remain in all employment-based categories, other than EW, for FY2007, according to its sources, and that the USCIS has far more than 40,000 adjustment applications in the backlog queue that are ready for approval, not to mention the additional numbers which will be consumed in concular immigrant visa processing. It is thus possible that the cap may reach within a short period in July, even though no one can predict it until after July 2, 2007. The USCIS at this time does not have any policy announced with reference to July 2007 I-485 filings which are filed after certain date in July when the total number is exhausted. However, considering the fact that the USCIS currently rejects the "Other Worker" category I-485 applications even though June 2007 Visa Bulletin show current for certain applicants because the "other worker" category quota was exhausted on June 5, 2007. This raises a serious concern because as we reported earlier today, the USCIS appears to be picking up the speed of processing of backlog I-485 applications in anticipation of flood of July 485 applications. The USCIS hands may be tied, should the EB visa numbers for FY 2007 is exhausted before the end of July.
The situation is particularly critical because of the USCIS decision not to accept the I-485 filings without the medical report. AILA demanded leniency but the USCIS reportely refused to accept such demand. Since medical report is "initial evidence" to I-485 filing, under the recent rule change, any I-485 filing with the medical report can be rejected or denied. Reports indicate that there are a huge backlog in scheduling medical examination in most of the areas in the country.

My friend is in the process of filing for AOS and his attorney told him that even if the dates should retrogress for August, they still have all of July to file an eligible AOS.
As far as the medical exams, yes, you must submit them with your application.
My friend was able to get all exams/vaccines taken care of in one week.

Just to clarify, there were more than 40,000 visa numbers left, however their estimates were that 40,000 were not going to be used by year-end had they not advanced cut-off dates, as processing was coming to a standstill.

Slight nuance...

I hope you are right. I think there were be major retrogression in August and Visas will be unavailable in September, probably even for RoW EB1,2

Thank you ela6,
I will just hang on and wait for the response from the first senator then.

Contact one senator at a time. If the first one has asked for the release form that means they are going to contact the agency. Give them about a week to two and then see the outcome. By simultaneously contacting more than one senator (especially when one is moving) won't help you and in fact can end up annoying the guy who is processing your file.

In other words, I don't see any advantage of contacting many at the same time. If one is not helping, then of course, it makes sense to contact another.

I contacted one several times and the person in charge told me that she had sent in multiple reqs to the agency. After 6 weeks are so, I saw an RFE. One possibility is that the agency felt that my case is nearing approval and so did not bother to reply to the senator's request. Finally, I got an RFE to which I have just replied. BTW, It was a straight forward RFE.

Senator's simply put a status inquiry on your behalf (even when you cannot send one - in my case I had to wait some more time to put in an inquiry due to my file transferred from CSC to NSC). So, why put in too may inquiries??

Just my opinion..
Thanks
Ela

drivers licence

I know this is a bit out of place but I have a questions:
My NY license has big "TEMPORARY VISITOR STATUS" printed on in red. I'd like to remove that, as I'm in I-485 and have EAD.
Has anyone been in a similar situation? What do I need to submit to get it removed, as my license is expiring and I need to extend it.

Thanks a million

P.S. I tried the 'driver's license' thread, but they don't seem to have anything relating to pending I-485.

Thanks

Visa Bulletin update!

I hope you are right. I think there were be major retrogression in August and Visas will be unavailable in September, probably even for RoW EB1,2

Yesterday, I predicted that EB visas will retrogress in August and September. Well, I was wrong. They will start retrogressing in July. According to AILA today, there will be an update from DOS next week in this regard. In fact AILF are already calling for participation in litigation against DOS for this Fiasco!:(

Hi,

Received the physical cards and approval notices both for me and wife.

Cards are showing the expiration dates in Jun 2017.

But the approval / welcome notices have the following contents towards the end ....

"Your new card will expire two years from when you became a permanent resident. By law your resident status is conditional, and you must apply to remove those conditions before your card expires. We recommend you apply several months before your card expires". etc etc

I am in EB2 category.

Is this a general statement in all the welcome notices or what (employment based) ??

Would you guys (who have received the welcome / appoval notice), please check your letters and post about it ...

skds, When you say that you have this conditional statement, was it on the notice that had the card in it, namely the I-797D. Or was there any additional mail. When I got it, all I had was a letter with the card and a welcome pamphlet.

Yesterday, I predicted that EB visas will retrogress in August and September. Well, I was wrong. They will start retrogressing in July. According to AILA today, there will be an update from DOS next week in this regard. In fact AILF are already calling for participation in litigation against DOS for this Fiasco!:(

This is bad. Do you have a link for the source ?