Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Here is my info..
CSC --> NSC
I485 2nd FP May 15 2007
I485 Medical RFE RD May 29 2007
Infopass Appt: Stuck in Namecheck

This is no insider info; if you look at the visa bulletin closely and read section E, you'll notice that they explain it there.

As I was suspecting the latest Visa Bulletin that came out with everything Current....

Just got some information from one of my friend's lawyer. He mentioned it to be an insider information and its not public yet.

USCIS made all countries and all categories current, to create a window of opportunity for those who have approved Labor and approved I-140, to be able to file their 485. There has been lots of issues with H1 extensions for people with that situation, and this action will let them file their 485 and start using their EADs.

The visa dates will retrogress back to 2000 and the 485 processing dates will retrogress back to jan 2005 next month.

This is just what I heard, so don't hold me for it. Anyone else heard anything on these lines?

As I was suspecting the latest Visa Bulletin that came out with everything Current....

Just got some information from one of my friend's lawyer. He mentioned it to be an insider information and its not public yet.

USCIS made all countries and all categories current, to create a window of opportunity for those who have approved Labor and approved I-140, to be able to file their 485. There has been lots of issues with H1 extensions for people with that situation, and this action will let them file their 485 and start using their EADs.

The visa dates will retrogress back to 2000 and the 485 processing dates will retrogress back to jan 2005 next month.

This is just what I heard, so don't hold me for it. Anyone else heard anything on these lines?

Not really insider information. The USCIS left a LOT of visas on the table last year (~10,000) and was risking leaving 40,000 this year unless they increases the number of 'targets' for approval. DOL backlog (still) and most importantly namecheck has stalled so many pending I-485s that there simply was none available to approve, so to avoid embarrassment they simly let everyone apply (recall that you only need approved PERM to file I-140/I-485 concurrently).

EB2 and EB3 Indians were the ones complaining most loudly and are the most 'happy' at being able to file AOS. And with the coming rate hikes, allowing filing now saves them a little money (short term). As you point out however, there are still quotas, and in India's case, per country limits, so there is little chance that dates will remain current for more than 2 or 3 months (September is likely date to move back).

All those happy filers will no doubt see their joy whittle away as they file their 3rd or 4th EAD in the future. But at least they will have the full benefits of AC21 at their disposal.

I say that filing in July is a short-term saving, as if one were to wait until August, although the I-485 fee is incresed, it includes ALL future EAD/AP isuues, which will now be $700/yr per person.

If I were filing AOS at this point (once I see that Aug Visa Bulletin is current, too), I would wait intil August, pay the extra $600, and get 'free' EAD/AP for as long as I need it. Because I'm pretty sure the people filing in July will be on EAD/AP for a LONGGGGGG time.

Does anyone of you know the number of days rule between the date of Medical report issued by the AOS doctor and date of I485 filing? If yes, then please site the reference link from USCIS,

I had my medical done on Apr/27/2007 and I am eligible to file for AOS from Jul/01/2007. Is this report valid to be filed with I485 application?

Thanks!
Medical exam is good for 12 months.

Not really insider information. The USCIS left a LOT of visas on the table last year (~10,000) and was risking leaving 40,000 this year unless they increases the number of 'targets' for approval. DOL backlog (still) and most importantly namecheck has stalled so many pending I-485s that there simply was none available to approve, so to avoid embarrassment they simly let everyone apply (recall that you only need approved PERM to file I-140/I-485 concurrently).

EB2 and EB3 Indians were the ones complaining most loudly and are the most 'happy' at being able to file AOS. And with the coming rate hikes, allowing filing now saves them a little money (short term). As you point out however, there are still quotas, and in India's case, per country limits, so there is little chance that dates will remain current for more than 2 or 3 months (September is likely date to move back).

All those happy filers will no doubt see their joy whittle away as they file their 3rd or 4th EAD in the future. But at least they will have the full benefits of AC21 at their disposal.

I say that filing in July is a short-term saving, as if one were to wait until August, although the I-485 fee is incresed, it includes ALL future EAD/AP isuues, which will now be $700/yr per person.

If I were filing AOS at this point (once I see that Aug Visa Bulletin is current, too), I would wait intil August, pay the extra $600, and get 'free' EAD/AP for as long as I need it. Because I'm pretty sure the people filing in July will be on EAD/AP for a LONGGGGGG time.
Are you sure they would apply two different policies for people extending their EAD/AP when their first EAD/AP was applied before or after the fee hike? In any case, one has paid the prescribed fee initially to get the benefit of EAD/AP.

It seems very odd.

Still no RFE letter

Hi guys
It has been three week since I received the RFE email for my I-485, but the lawyer has not received the paper version yet.
The one for my spouse also sent at the same time, has not been received too.
Thansk for your inputs.

Are you sure they would apply two different policies for people extending their EAD/AP when their first EAD/AP was applied before or after the fee hike? In any case, one has paid the prescribed fee initially to get the benefit of EAD/AP.

It seems very odd.

This has been confirmed with USCIS. The new price list also shows new prices for EAD and AP. They will not be giving away EAD/AP to old customers, only to new ones, who apply I-485 after July 31 and have paid the higher cost. USCIS is saying this will be an 'incentive' for them to get all processing done within a year.
http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20071800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/pdf/E7-1631.pdf

in this documEnt it states that:
"no additional fee would be charged for a
Form I–485 applicant who has paid the
base fee that now includes the cost of
processing interim benefits"

So it only covers those that have paid the higher base fee.

Do they mean they will expedite namecheck cases to get the processing within 1 year ?

USCIS doesn't do namecheck, FBI does, so there is little that USCIS can do to speed this up (other than pay FBI more than the current $5/name search fee). But namecheck does not account for all the delays in processing, USCIS is still an inefficient, and, as we will see in the next 3 months, unable to cope with its workload.

The incentive is designed will be for them to do their own work faster.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

From what i undertstood from your post, you wont have to pay the ead and AP fees every year?? becos you paid more money than the rest of us, who applied before the rate increase??

My initial understanding was, everyone has to pay the new fees(AP-305, EAD-340) EACH AND EVERYTIME they renew.

any expert comments...

How to know which stage of namecheck ?

How to find out if one is in

1. namecheck queue ( got hits, they have to get documents from
elsewhere and so one officer has to look into it - so, it is put
on a stack )
OR
2. Investigation has started into the hits.

I guess they don't reveal any info regarding the name check.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

From what i undertstood from your post, you wont have to pay the ead and AP fees every year?? becos you paid more money than the rest of us, who applied before the rate increase??

My initial understanding was, everyone has to pay the new fees(AP-305, EAD-340) EACH AND EVERYTIME they renew.

any expert comments...

For those who apply AFTER JUly (with new fee), they will never pay for EAD/AP. This is definite.

What is in question is whether those of us who paid for I-485 at old price will have to pay EAD/AP forever. My reading is yes we will (I have paid for 4 so far, and fully expect to pay for my next set(s) too.). We will have to see. Remember that EAD and I-131s are processed for other reasons than only AOS. these ones will still have to pay new fee.

How to find out if one is in

1. namecheck queue ( got hits, they have to get documents from
elsewhere and so one officer has to look into it - so, it is put
on a stack )
OR
2. Investigation has started into the hits.

I guess they don't reveal any info regarding the name check.

FBI absolutely does not reveal to anyone at what stage your namecheck is in. other than POSITIVE hit, pending, or cleared. the exact coes have been posted elsewhere, but suffice to say there is not a "almost done" status, but there may be a "don't bug us" one.

Agree

I completely agree with Nelson. Even those who like to see full half of the glass and I used to consider myself one of them, will soon be facing the bitter truth. More people are stuck in name check and after by the end of summer the USCIS/FBI backlog will be a record high. Those of us are stuck in name check, will likely retrogress even further in the process and yes will pay the new EAD/AP fees ($700) for 1,2,3,4,5,.....years to come and the USCIS will still pay $5.00 for a name check.. Forgive me guys if I sound pessimistic and again, I can not see any drop in this glass!:D