Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I heard that they do bi-weekly scans for cases to resume (should include completed namechecks and PD becoming current). Once processing is resumed, no one knows how long it would take... Based on some other resumed cases, my estimate would be about 2 months.

Greetings.

Based on the recent visa bulletin many of our priority dates have become current. My case is an original CSC case which got transfered to NSC based on the new bi-specialization program at USCIS. All my I485 requirements including name check and finger printing are current and complete. I am curious to know how long does it take for NSC to assign visa number and approve all pre-adjudicated cases. Following are additional details on my case:

I-140 - AD 03/2005
I-485 - RD 01/2005
FP - 09/2006
Cleared NC - 07/2006 (found out from Senator's office on inquiry)
PD becomes current - 06/2007

I will appreciate any responses you might have.

Cheers!

This is very interesting.
I have seen many responses from people that infopass is waste of time since they do not have much extra info that what is provided online but yet once in a while we see such kind of posts that say infopass provided info.

I don't know what conclusion to derive from such differences.
Is this dependent on what office we go to?

Does anyone know or read what the official use of infopass is and do they claim that it should be able to provide info(other than what is online) to applicants?

My wife and I (primary) went to an INFOPASS at the KC office on 5/11.

We filed our I-485 in 2004, and I was aware that I was stuck in name check, but wanted more details.

I did find out that both our names were submitted to FBI in 2004 (after 1st FP) and that my wife's cleared immediately, but mine still has not. Both our FP cleared after 2nd FP in 2006. The officer stated that my wife's case is complete -- except of course for my approval as primary.

So, I have now gone from being stuck 1 year, to 3 years.:(

Hi antonioa77,
Can you provide me details about writing to First Lady & FOIPA, like the fax # etc. My namecheck was initiated on Apr 16th 2006, and still no signs of approval

Thanks,
GMR

Pls guide how to contact First lady and what is FOIPA? how to find ur local senator?

Am stuck in NC hell like many u guys .

Question on PPS

I alreay posted this on I140 forum and all of you are through that satge, maybe one of you have the same situation as this one.

I filed my I140 on substituted LC with original certified document of the LC in July 2005. It denied (on A2P) in September 2005. Appealed immediately, but appeal was denied in June 2006. Then after getting some more documents from IRS, my lawyer re-filed I!40 in January 2007 on the same LC, this time without the original LC document (not on PPS as original document was not filed).

The question is that the original LC document was filed with the first I140 application and second I140 filing is a re-filing as it is based on the same LC, does this case qualify for PPS?

Any comments from someone having similar experience or laywers having this experience for their clients is welcome.

Thanks in Advance.

Sanjab

That happens to me too but you can not use premium services only with the original you can use pp, at least that is what my lawyer and many here says and my own experience.

To sksave: I guess it depends on office and staff

To me, inofpass was useful. I was told when NC started and if it's cleared yet (OOPS, NOT YET). Some other people did not get any info.

By the way, i was so blue after knowing my situation. Good luck to you..

This is very interesting.
I have seen many responses from people that infopass is waste of time since they do not have much extra info that what is provided online but yet once in a while we see such kind of posts that say infopass provided info.

I don't know what conclusion to derive from such differences.
Is this dependent on what office we go to?

QUOTE]

While we are waiting for GC's...

This is somewhat off-topic reading, but I found it very educational for myself... Feel free to ignore :)

====
The H-1B's metamorphosis into "the outsourcing visa" is a principal reason why American lawmakers have resisted raising the quota above 65,000.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007_04_16/us/h-1b_visas_indian_outsourcers.htm
http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007-05-16/us/h-1b-visa-outsourcing-abuse-investigation.htm

====
Interesting stats, very nice report - short and readable
http://fpc.state.gov/documents/organization/84914.pdf

====
And, of course, their new proposal for immigration reform, quite shocking:
http://www.immigration-law.com/Temporary II.html

That happens to me too but you can not use premium services only with the original you can use pp, at least that is what my lawyer and many here says and my own experience.
Miamivice4u,

From now, I can't even try to use it as they are stopping the I140 PPS for Substituted LC cases.

Thanks for sharing !

Finger Print for Child of 12 years old ?

Hi,

My wife and I got the Finger Print notice last week, and my dughter who is 12 years old now also got it today, but I didn't fill out the biometrics form for her and didn't pay the fee. I thought it is not needed for children younger than some age ( 14? or 16?).

Does anyone have similar experience?

Hi,

My wife and I got the Finger Print notice last week, and my dughter who is 12 years old now also got it today, but I didn't fill out the biometrics form for her and didn't pay the fee. I thought it is not needed for children younger than some age ( 14? or 16?).

Does anyone have similar experience?

All my children are younger than 14, they received FP notice (3/1/07) 2 months after we did FP. But they are different FP code. I think they need the FP and photo to produce greed card. It will save you one trip if you can do FP at same day. Good luck.

By the way, I received our GC last weekend just few days after I receive the welcom email.

Need Help Birth Certificate RFE

Recently i recieved an RFE for me and my spouse. Need comments and help if some body had similar situtation.

Both born before 1970, so registration of BC was not mandatory.
Obtained NOn avialble certificaticate form Corporation.
Produced to court, and obtained new BC from corporation.

The RFE says since we registred late, they need a hospital records/baptism/ hospital admissions /School certificates indicating both parents name and child birth date.

Unfortunately we donot have parents living now
school certificates will have only son or daughter of indicating DOB and only one parent name.

What are chances if we state they should adjudicate on allready produced BC which has both parents name and only they issue raised was that it was registred late.

Can we say since we were born earlier to 1970 we were not mandated to register and also since we were born in villages which did not have hospitals and our parents took help of midwife (nurse) to get there baby's deliver which was ofcourse common and fact in my case.

thanks for any input.

Does anyone know if I-864 (Affidavit of Support) is required with I-485 application for Employment based GC application?

I am applying for myself and my wife. My LC and I-140 is for myself and I am adding my wife for I-485 application.

Ac21

I know this question is not related to this forum, but I am asking it anyways since the people in this forum are most knowledgeable in this regard.

I have already used AC21 to change job once. My job description was similar when I made the switch compared to wat was used for my labor.

But now, I am getting a better job opportunity and a much better role. How does this impact my options.

Can I make the switch....do the job title needs to stay the same....do the job description needs to stay the same.

My 485 is still pending.

Thanks a lot for your thoughts.

Recently i recieved an RFE for me and my spouse. Need comments and help if some body had similar situtation.

Both born before 1970, so registration of BC was not mandatory.
Obtained NOn avialble certificaticate form Corporation.
Produced to court, and obtained new BC from corporation.

The RFE says since we registred late, they need a hospital records/baptism/ hospital admissions /School certificates indicating both parents name and child birth date.

Unfortunately we donot have parents living now
school certificates will have only son or daughter of indicating DOB and only one parent name.

What are chances if we state they should adjudicate on allready produced BC which has both parents name and only they issue raised was that it was registred late.

Can we say since we were born earlier to 1970 we were not mandated to register and also since we were born in villages which did not have hospitals and our parents took help of midwife (nurse) to get there baby's deliver which was ofcourse common and fact in my case.

thanks for any input.

take affidavits from 2 or 3 relatives, like your parents brothers/sisters, stating that they are aware of your birth on so and so date etc....
there should be sample affidavits out there, if no google on birth certificate affidavits. try this-http://www.usabal.com/permres/AOS/birth_affidavitCloseRel.html

What were doing in first 6 months of filing ?

Good question , No body has answer including Service center

However this may be eyeopener for others if allready does not have Affedivat's.

Typical RFE you can expect if Unlucky ppl having Indian Birth Certificates

1) If you are born earlier to 1970
2) If you obtained birth certificate recently
3) Look for registration date on Birth certificate for those registred very late.
This should match very close to your birth date
4) If Both parents name are not in the Birth certificates.

Possible resolution

Obtain an Affedivate from place of your country where parents are living

A) school certificates inidcating your DOB and both parents name on certificate
B) Hospital certificates inidicating your DOB and both parents name on the certificate.
C) obtain Court Affedivate form both parents living

use proper court language and intent is to prove that parents name and child DOB are on same document.

i (Father) born on date at place,state,country living at addr
i (mother born on date at place,state,country livnig at addr
We married on so and so date at so and so place,state,country
we did not regester our son/daughter (your name) born on so and so date at address .

We are the parents of your name born on date and at address.

if parents NOT living obtain similar affedivate from a relative who is elder to you and intent should be to prove that he is related.

i (relative name) born on date at, place, state, country, living at addr.
Establish relation (brother,sister,uncle,etc) to parents name
i know <your name> born on at place,state,coutnry,
i know parents name 1, name 2 are parents of youir name

I will let your know what exact affidivate i am providing