Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Yes, I'm looking into preparing documents for suing FBI/USCIS. My case anniversary is May 24. I've been studying materials posted on another thread (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=590&pp=15), taking notes and saving copies of various court papers. I will have to catch up with that thread (did not look there for a couple of months now). Once I catch up, I will post a summary here.

My friend with contacts at FBI still waits for his Naturalization to complete... In December, his sources were telling that namecheck is done, but USCIS still thinks it wasn't... It's either unreliable sources or miscommunication between FBI and USCIS.

Here is my plan for preparing for lawsuit (partially taken from somebody else's post):
1. Contact congressman
2. Request FOIPA
3. Send an e-mail to Secretary of State through their Website
4. Contact local FBI office and submit a request
5. Contact local police
6. Contact senators
7. Fax request to Senate subcommittee on Immigration and homeland security
8. Fax request to house subcommittee
9. Write to the Records management division
10. Request a fingerprint check (FD-258)
11. Write to USCIS ombudsman, USCIS director, and/or Homeland Security Secretary
12. Send an e-mail to white house regarding the possible national security risks of pending name checks
13. Start e-mailing and calling FBI NNCP
14. Keep sending service requests
15. Go to Infopass
16. Send a written request to USCIS to expedite my namecheck. They will ignore it, but I have to do it in order to show that I've used all possible ways of reaching my goal without a WOM

While contacting, mention standard hardships:
1. Travel limitations
2. Job limitations
3. Lost time due to FP app and infopass app
4. Money spent on AP and EAD
5. Cannot count time toward US citizenship

Always mention Name (as it appeared in I485 petition), DOB and A#.

Dear Igor,
I am sorry to hear that. Same here. BTW, I remember that you mentioned some time ago that in May 07, it will be your first anniversary with USCIS and that you will start exploring the possibilities of your next step. Any progress?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm looking into preparing documents for suing FBI/USCIS. My case anniversary is May 24. I've been studying materials posted on another thread (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&page=590&pp=15), taking notes and saving copies of various court papers. I will have to catch up with that thread (did not look there for a couple of months now). Once I catch up, I will post a summary here.

My friend with contacts at FBI still waits for his Naturalization to complete... In December, his sources were telling that namecheck is done, but USCIS still thinks it wasn't... It's either unreliable sources or miscommunication between FBI and USCIS.

Here is my plan for preparing for lawsuit (partially taken from somebody else's post):
1. Contact congressman
2. Request FOIPA
5. Contact local police
6. Contact senators
11. Write to USCIS ombudsman, USCIS director, and/or Homeland Security Secretary
12. Send an e-mail to white house regarding the possible national security risks of pending name checks
15. Go to Infopass
16. Send a written request to USCIS to expedite my namecheck. They will ignore it, but I have to do it in order to show that I've used all possible ways of reaching my goal without a WOM

1. Travel limitations
2. Job limitations

all that list will not help u. to increase ur chances of clearing NC by lwriting etters, just send a letter to first lady with an attached FOIPA. this is the best way to get your namecheck cleared without goin to WOM that is becomin difficult now.

i did that and it worked with me. but don't waste your time writing to other than first lady believe me.

Different things helped different people. But yes, thanks for reminding, I will include first lady in the list. I noticed that emailing FBI seemed to help some other people. It could all be a coincidence, but we won't loose much by trying.

all that list will not help u. to increase ur chances of clearing NC by lwriting etters, just send a letter to first lady with an attached FOIPA. this is the best way to get your namecheck cleared without goin to WOM that is becomin difficult now.

i did that and it worked with me. but don't waste your time writing to other than first lady believe me.

Spouse's namecheck

Until now, I wasn't sure if it would make sense to make a service reuest for my wife. She is a dependent applicant anyway, and so cannot receive approval before me. However, this time we did make a service request for her as well... just to find out she is also stuck in the namecheck hell. We will write separate letters for her and for myself.

The bottom line is - DO make service requests for dependent applicants. It does not matter that they cannot get approval before you - you may still find something interesting.

Letter to 1st lady

I have seen recently several posts that stated that 1st lady letter helped clear the name check. On the other hand many others in different threads had a different expreience and some had received letters from the FBI confirming that they are still stuck and that they should wait. To reconciliate these two seemingly contradictory observations, I came up with a couple of possible explanations:

1- Name check clearance was just a co-incidence.
2- As you know there are several levels of the name check process. The second level (the manual check) that is normally done when the electronic check fails, is relatively fast and usually clears about 10% of addlitional names. I think the FBI is backlogged at this stage and they are starting to enter names from March-April 2006 (observational). So, when they get a request from the 1st lady or senator they do that manual check and if it clears the name, then they would send a clearance to the UCSIS. On the other hand if this fails to clear the name, then they will differ to the third stage, that is, requesting the physical files from their 85 field offices. So, in a sense, if the letter from the 1s lady does not help you, then you are really really stuck for a long long time and get yourself ready for litigation. I think whatever letter you receive from the FBI is valuable in your preparation for the legal fight.

I am also following the thread about USCIS litigation (just mentioned by Igor) and it seems to me that WOM still works but it is now a long and furious fight that requires a lot of experience, preparation and patience.

Hello igor_ch,

I sent letters to USCIS Ombudsman Prakash Khatri (sp?), USCIS Director Emilio Gonzales, DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff, local office District Director (my case was filed in a local office), and three people in the FBI (NNCP Section Chief Michael Cannon, FOIA Section Chief David Hardy, and FBI Director Robert Mueller). My USC wife (my case is family-based) also sent a second inquiry to our senator's office. I did have some extraordinary circumstances--I've recently had a serious illness and also have lost over $10K due to the delay. I am not sure what really worked, but my case was taken up by the USCIS Director's office and a "Customer Assistance Office," both in Washington, DC. Someone requested a second name check (my original was pending since 3/2004), which was cleared within days, I was re-fingerprinted, and got word from the senator's office that my case was approved by the local USCIS District Office on 5/3/07. I am now waiting for the Nebraska Service Center to order my card and had an LUD on 5/11 amd 5/14. (My case had been pending since 10/2003 at the local office due to the FBI Name Check.)

My advice to you is to "fire all cannons" and send as many letters to as many high-level officials within the USCIS, DHS, and FBI as you can. Also try all your congressman and two senators, as well as the First Lady (this seems to work for some people). Keep at it, and you may get somewhere. This is especially effective if you have "good reasons" to have your case expedited (such as financial loss, etc.). Otherwise, you will be collecting proof for the court that you have "exhausted all administrative remedies" and have no choice but to sue.

God bless as you work on all these!

1. Contact congressman
2. Request FOIPA
5. Contact local police
6. Contact senators
15. Go to Infopass

1. Travel limitations
2. Job limitations

Case Transfered to NAtional Benefit center

what this means, does anyone knows it? and where is that place where they transerfer it, and why?

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On May 14, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

All,

I received welcome email today for my 485 and all my family members. I am a littel surprised that we did not stuck at name check since both my wife and I have popular name.

I don't have the "Free Bird" feeling now. It took too long in my case. My LC was started at early 2001.

It has been became my habit to read this forum everyday. It give me a lot of information and give me hope. Thank you everyone.

I wish good luck for all of you. The day will come to you soon.

All,

I need some help. My case was transferred to local office back in December and I had an interview in March. I learned that I was stuck in Name check though the good news that my spouse's file was cleared. The officer who looked at my file said that I could contact the office after 30 days and I have been nagging my attorney since April about contacting the local office but he said that he cannot reach them. I think he is just too busy to look into my case. Can I contact NSC or the general number to get my details or do I have to take InfoPass?

Please reply as I am really confused about my situation which is different from everyone else. Could you also please give me the email id or the phone number I can use to contact the USCIS (in case I can use the general one)?

If you want to get help through their service center phone number, I believe your case should be out of processing dates plus 30 days, and should not be touched within last 2 months. So, if they refuse to make a service request for you, you may have to take infopass.

Here is the key sequences to save time while calling them, two different routes:

===
1-800-375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1, enter your case number, then 1-3-3-1, this will put you thru to a person, and then you ask for service request based on your case being outside processing times (ie. your I-485 was submitted before July 2006 -- obviously way too long has passed).

===
1 800 375 5283 ( 1 for english 2, 2, 6, 1, 1 to confirm receipt, listen to automated status message, #, 3 as suggested by you guys. After this i generally press 6 to talk to customer service .

All,

I need some help. My case was transferred to local office back in December and I had an interview in March. I learned that I was stuck in Name check though the good news that my spouse's file was cleared. The officer who looked at my file said that I could contact the office after 30 days and I have been nagging my attorney since April about contacting the local office but he said that he cannot reach them. I think he is just too busy to look into my case. Can I contact NSC or the general number to get my details or do I have to take InfoPass?

Please reply as I am really confused about my situation which is different from everyone else. Could you also please give me the email id or the phone number I can use to contact the USCIS (in case I can use the general one)?

Result of INFOPASS

My wife and I (primary) went to an INFOPASS at the KC office on 5/11.

We filed our I-485 in 2004, and I was aware that I was stuck in name check, but wanted more details.

I did find out that both our names were submitted to FBI in 2004 (after 1st FP) and that my wife's cleared immediately, but mine still has not. Both our FP cleared after 2nd FP in 2006. The officer stated that my wife's case is complete -- except of course for my approval as primary.

So, I have now gone from being stuck 1 year, to 3 years.:(

If you want to get help through their service center phone number, I believe your case should be out of processing dates plus 30 days, and should not be touched within last 2 months. So, if they refuse to make a service request for you, you may have to take infopass.

Here is the key sequences to save time while calling them, two different routes:

===
1-800-375 5283 then 1-2-2-6-1, enter your case number, then 1-3-3-1, this will put you thru to a person, and then you ask for service request based on your case being outside processing times (ie. your I-485 was submitted before July 2006 -- obviously way too long has passed).

===
1 800 375 5283 ( 1 for english 2, 2, 6, 1, 1 to confirm receipt, listen to automated status message, #, 3 as suggested by you guys. After this i generally press 6 to talk to customer service .

Thanks for the info buddy.

Approved at NSC

Hi all, I rarely ever post here, but wanted to share my approval notice for those who filed around my time. I have found this forum very helpful, thanks to all.

PD: Feb 2002
Not Retrogressed
EB-3
I-140 RD: 10/17/05
I-140 AD: 11/25/05
I-485 RD: 9/27/06
(LIN06274*****)
FP ND 12/06/06
FP AD 12/27/06
I-485 AD 5/13/07

Good luck to everybody!

Congrats

Quick question - what was your I-485 ND?
Thanks

Hi all, I rarely ever post here, but wanted to share my approval notice for those who filed around my time. I have found this forum very helpful, thanks to all.

PD: Feb 2002
Not Retrogressed
EB-3
I-140 RD: 10/17/05
I-140 AD: 11/25/05
I-485 RD: 9/27/06
(LIN06274*****)
FP ND 12/06/06
FP AD 12/27/06
I-485 AD 5/13/07

Good luck to everybody!

Writing to FirstLady

Hi antonioa77,
Can you provide me details about writing to First Lady & FOIPA, like the fax # etc. My namecheck was initiated on Apr 16th 2006, and still no signs of approval

Thanks,
GMR

don't waste time anymore, just write to politicians and especially first lady and attach to your letter to her an FOIPA.

Greetings.

Based on the recent visa bulletin many of our priority dates have become current. My case is an original CSC case which got transfered to NSC based on the new bi-specialization program at USCIS. All my I485 requirements including name check and finger printing are current and complete. I am curious to know how long does it take for NSC to assign visa number and approve all pre-adjudicated cases. Following are additional details on my case:

I-140 - AD 03/2005
I-485 - RD 01/2005
FP - 09/2006
Cleared NC - 07/2006 (found out from Senator's office on inquiry)
PD becomes current - 06/2007

I will appreciate any responses you might have.

Cheers!