Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

madgu-gc2005 i got the info from murthy check it out

Transfer of I-485s
Posted Mar 23, 2007
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is in the process of transferring certain pending applications for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residence (Forms I-485) among the different service centers. The transfer process, announced in mid-March 2007, is all part of the on-going "bi-specialization" streamlining efforts. Under this transfer process, I-485 cases pending with the California Service Center (CSC) will be transferred to the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). Those pending with the Vermont Service Center (VSC) will move to the Texas Service Center (TSC).
©MurthyDotCom
Bi-Specialization Entails "Sister Center" Processing
©MurthyDotCom
Under bi-specialization, the VSC and CSC are paired as sister centers; the NSC is paired with TSC. Each set of sister centers only processes certain types of cases. This is intended to improve efficiency. A number of articles about bi-specialization can be found on MurthyDotCom. General information on bi-specialization was reported in our March 31, 2006 MurthyBulletin article, USCIS Begins Bi-Specialization April 1, 2006. Most recently, our readers were informed of the new filing procedures for Forms I-129 and I-539 in our March 16, 2007 MurthyBulletin article, USCIS Update on Filing Procedures for Forms I-129 and I-539. See MurthyDotCom for these articles and others on this topic.
©MurthyDotCom
Transfer Includes Retrogressed and Security Cases
©MurthyDotCom
The notice indicated that this transfer includes cases subject to visa retrogression and security and/or background checks. The transfer should be reflected in the online case status system, and a transfer notice will be issued to the applicant or applicant's representative. Persons receiving these notices should understand that this is a routine matter.
©MurthyDotCom
Processing Based on Original Filing Date
©MurthyDotCom
The notice also confirmed that the transferred cases will be placed in the queue for adjudication based upon their original filing dates.
©MurthyDotCom
Merely an Internal USCIS Matter / New Receipt Notices Issued
©MurthyDotCom
This change does not impact any of the current filing instructions. The transfers will occur without any request or action on the part of the applicant. Bi-specialization is purely an internal matter at the USCIS, but we at the Murthy Law Firm believe this is useful information for our readers. We hope to allay concerns if I-485 transfer notices are received, reflecting that cases have been moved to different service centers.

Transfer of I-485s
Posted Mar 23, 2007
©MurthyDotCom
The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is in the process of transferring certain pending applications for Adjustment of Status to Permanent Residence (Forms I-485) among the different service centers. The transfer process, announced in mid-March 2007, is all part of the on-going "bi-specialization" streamlining efforts. Under this transfer process, I-485 cases pending with the California Service Center (CSC) will be transferred to the Nebraska Service Center (NSC). Those pending with the Vermont Service Center (VSC) will move to the Texas Service Center (TSC).
©MurthyDotCom
Bi-Specialization Entails "Sister Center" Processing
©MurthyDotCom
Under bi-specialization, the VSC and CSC are paired as sister centers; the NSC is paired with TSC. Each set of sister centers only processes certain types of cases. This is intended to improve efficiency. A number of articles about bi-specialization can be found on MurthyDotCom. General information on bi-specialization was reported in our March 31, 2006 MurthyBulletin article, USCIS Begins Bi-Specialization April 1, 2006. Most recently, our readers were informed of the new filing procedures for Forms I-129 and I-539 in our March 16, 2007 MurthyBulletin article, USCIS Update on Filing Procedures for Forms I-129 and I-539. See MurthyDotCom for these articles and others on this topic.
©MurthyDotCom
Transfer Includes Retrogressed and Security Cases
©MurthyDotCom
The notice indicated that this transfer includes cases subject to visa retrogression and security and/or background checks. The transfer should be reflected in the online case status system, and a transfer notice will be issued to the applicant or applicant's representative. Persons receiving these notices should understand that this is a routine matter.
©MurthyDotCom
Processing Based on Original Filing Date
©MurthyDotCom
The notice also confirmed that the transferred cases will be placed in the queue for adjudication based upon their original filing dates.
©MurthyDotCom
Merely an Internal USCIS Matter / New Receipt Notices Issued
©MurthyDotCom
This change does not impact any of the current filing instructions. The transfers will occur without any request or action on the part of the applicant. Bi-specialization is purely an internal matter at the USCIS, but we at the Murthy Law Firm believe this is useful information for our readers. We hope to allay concerns if I-485 transfer notices are received, reflecting that cases have been moved to different service centers.

Hi miami,

You are missing my point. Last year our files were transferred to NSC from VSC. This month my spouse case was transferred from Nebraska service center to VERMONT SERVICE CENTER. Any logic in this transfer. The transfer notice simply says that to speed up the processing.....

sorry Madgu now i got it

It is so illogical unless you live in vermont but anyways they are making your I-485 travel forward and backward, I know how frustrated you may feel, God with you.

Just FYI:

I called NSC for status; the lady did not want to release any information about the case status as the processing date is at August 10th while mine was applied on Sept 3rd. she asked to call on a month. I specifically asked about my pending name check and she said I have to wait until the process date move after my case in order to obtain this information.

LUDs on 3/26 & 3/27 (I-140 PP)

For my I-140 NSC received RFE response on 3/26/07 and on 3/26/07 there was a Case status change on USCIS web site: "Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

There were two LUDs in a row:
1) on 3/26/07 (This is for RFE response received around 3:00pm)
2) on 3/27/07 (Around 10:00AM, is this the indication that they are close to make a decision)

Based on your experience and considering that it is a Premium Processing case Do you think that two LUDs in a row is indication that they are about to make a decision in a day or two?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Service Request Respond

On 03/16 I called 1-800.. number and ask a service request for my I-485 application. Today,I received the response to my service request and the status is given as:

Service records show your case is currently awaiting officer review. You will be notified when a decision is made or if additional information is needed.

Does that mean my Name Check has been completed?

NSC
I-140 AD 11/16/2006
I-485 RD 07/12/2006 status is pending

On 03/16 I called 1-800.. number and ask a service request for my I-485 application. Today,I received the response to my service request and the status is given as:

Service records show your case is currently awaiting officer review. You will be notified when a decision is made or if additional information is needed.

Does that mean my Name Check has been completed?

NSC
I-140 AD 11/16/2006
I-485 RD 07/12/2006 status is pending

Looks like NC is done.

RFEs

I received 3 emails for me and my wife's 485 saying that CRIS requested additional evidence. Anyone here had the same experience? Any ideas or guesses as to what the RFE could be about?
Also, is there an RFE thread for 485 I can look at to get some idea about my RFE?
Thanks,
frog

There is a thread at
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226528

Most RFE are either Birth Certificates or TB test...

LUD on 1/1/2007

Hi,

I thought 1/1/2007 was a holiday for USCIS as well as the whole country. How come I got an LUD on that date. Even today I have that date as the last updated date.

Was there some mass LUDs on that date?

Thanks
rspr

I -485 Transferred to Local Office from NSC

Hello

My Wife's I-485 has been transferred to LA Local Office from Nebraska. Case was Transferred on Mar 16 and we got the Paper Transfer Notice on Mar 27 saying " in order to speed up processing we have Transferred above case ....."

Did U have the Same Transfer Notice . Seems like there are so many Transfers to Local Office from Diff Service Centers. Are all those for Interview or to Speed up processing ?

Any feedback ? Lets keep in touch.

Thanks

Shovon

EB3 Approval on trackitt.com

Did anyone see this on trackitt.com? Someone got approved, Nebraska, EB3 with PD of December 06? How's this possible?

Did anyone see this on trackitt.com? Someone got approved, Nebraska, EB3 with PD of December 06? How's this possible?
one of the lucky case i guess.
hey, anything can happen for 485 processing.
just got to pray only good thing will happen.

it happens. my guess is that someone started running the update or upload process before the holiday and it was not done until 1/1/7 when you case was touched.
my 140 was approved on 3/5 but i didn't get the LUD till 3/11, which is a SUnday.

Hi,

I thought 1/1/2007 was a holiday for USCIS as well as the whole country. How come I got an LUD on that date. Even today I have that date as the last updated date.

Was there some mass LUDs on that date?

Thanks
rspr

at any rate i think yours will be approved very soon. my response was mailed out on 3/1, and there was a LUD and an email about receiving the response on 3/5, then i got an email and a LUD on 3/11(yes, sunday) saying it was approved. and mine is a regular case. so i guess your good news is coming soon.

For my I-140 NSC received RFE response on 3/26/07 and on 3/26/07 there was a Case status change on USCIS web site: "Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

There were two LUDs in a row:
1) on 3/26/07 (This is for RFE response received around 3:00pm)
2) on 3/27/07 (Around 10:00AM, is this the indication that they are close to make a decision)

Based on your experience and considering that it is a Premium Processing case Do you think that two LUDs in a row is indication that they are about to make a decision in a day or two?

Thanks

Getting over my boredom of wait!

Alright slightly changing the topic... anybody advice on what are the advantages of having a GC.. ?

What benefits does one have after an 485 approval ?

Are there any advantages in foreign travel ? Does it eliminate visa requirement for any country ?

Still... waiting............:mad:

Another frustration

I received a frustrating email from CIS saying my case has been sent to a local office. I checked the website and they are currently processing cases of May 11, 2006. Is this another tactic to justify their delay or am I expecting an interview?

Below is the meaningful part of the email I received. It is frustrating.
------------------------------------------------------------

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On March 29, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our WASHINGTON, DC location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received a frustrating email from CIS saying my case has been sent to a local office. I checked the website and they are currently processing cases of May 11, 2006. Is this another tactic to justify their delay or am I expecting an interview?

ADJUST STATUS

On March 29, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our WASHINGTON, DC location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action.

Don't panic Va. Might be a good sign.

My spouse case is much worse than you. I cannot predict/assume anything. Last year our 485 was transferred from VSC to NSC (around July 2006) and this year March 14 my spouse case got transferred from NSC to Vermont Service Center (the transfer notice says to speed up processing.....). what to make out of this?????

Could you tell us what your I-485 RFE is about? I saw you had RFE for your 485 from your signature.

ADJUST STATUS

ADJUST STATUS

from which country are you? what was ur rfe about?

any idea from ur side why they wana interview u? r u suspicious about any reason?