Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

After approval...

Hello all,

Here is a list of events starting at GC approval that should help understanding the workflow. I had a hard time finding it all in one place so here it is...

Please note that as always USCIS is not always consistent with this process. For starters, people also receive an update "Card Mailed" which I never got.

First online message
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On February 21, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Second online message
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 21, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Third online message

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On February 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

First USPS Mail
On February 26, 2007 I received my welcome letter in the mail via USPS. Return address: Lincoln, NE. Letter was postmarked 2/22/2007.

Fourth online message
Actually no new message but new LUD - 2/27/2007

Second USPS Mail
On February 27, 2007 I received my green card (which by the way is "light yellow") in the mail. Return address: Kentucky? Postmarked: 2/24/2007

May you all see these messages soon!

Good luck. JW.

Hello all,

Here is a list of events starting at GC approval that should help understanding the workflow. I had a hard time finding it all in one place so here it is...

Good luck. JW.

Thank you, JW. We are going to miss you.

Hello all,

Please note that as always USCIS is not always consistent with this process. For starters, people also receive an update "Card Mailed" which I never got.

First online message

On February 21, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Second online message

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 21, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Third online message

On February 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

First USPS Mail
On February 26, 2007 I received my welcome letter in the mail via USPS. Return address: Lincoln, NE. Letter was postmarked 2/22/2007.

Fourth online message
Actually no new message but new LUD - 2/27/2007

Second USPS Mail
On February 27, 2007 I received my green card (which by the way is "light yellow") in the mail. Return address: Kentucky? Postmarked: 2/24/2007

Good luck. JW.

JW - you will leave a BIG void in these forums. Just one thing before you leave pls throw some light on steps of 485 prior to approval. What are various steps by which you can track to some level Name check etc. How can you know where u stand in 485?

thanks in advance.

there is no set rule with USCIS

my experience
1Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

On February 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this
customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the
notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days
following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred
to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your
new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as
we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

2Current Status: Card production ordered.

On February 23, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30
days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will
contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You
can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow
the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within
the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at
(800) 375-5283.

3Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO
ADJUST STATUS

On February 27, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485
APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow
any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call
customer service.

Congratulations to the above approvals!
Justwatching, i am so glad to see your approval here, I still remember you from labor backlog reduction thread!
wish you all good from now on!

AP approval

I-140: RD 12/28/06 AD: ?
Self:
I-485: RD 02/05/07 AD: ?
FP: 02/22/07
EAD: RD 02/05/07 AD: ?
AP: RD 02/05/07 AD: ?
Spouse:
I-485: RD 02/05/07 AD: ?
FP: 02/22/07
EAD: RD 02/05/07 AD: ?
AP: RD 02/05/07 AD: 02/28/07 :)

Similar Email

Received a similar mail a few weeks ago followed by a FP notice! completed FP yesterday, what does this mean?? thoughts??

Hi All,
Here is the content of a the mail we received for the service request initiated 10 days ago for my spouse. Anyone has received similar mail, and what how long does this "additional review" take? Appreciate if your reply

Thanks,
GMR

"Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing this case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please call the customer service at the # provided below"

Got it!

Freedom (liberty, autonomy, lack of restrictions, self-determination, independence, choice, free will, sovereignty ... thank you MSFT Outlook Thesaurus :) )!

Thank you all on this forum for extremely useful information and support!!
I wish all of you, who are still waiting, a quick approval!!!

In retrospect I-485 processing for me was relativelly quick (exactly 6 months - 181 days) for USCIS standards. By the way, I started this whole process in 2001, failed 2 LC processes (one because I took another job and the other one because I lost a job) and finally got LC through PERM last year.
Toward the end I was really getting nervous about this one. Again, thank you all for your support and I wish everybody here to get GC soon.

I'll be hanging out on the forum for a while if you do have any questions but please excuse me probably being late with replies at first.
I am planning some serious partying.

Bellow is the mail that I just received (3 for myself and 3 for my wife):
*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LIN062735****

On February 28, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status & Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Thanks to the support from all of you guys. Best of luck to all of you.
Hi,
I see that you upgraded to premium.....any specific reason?
Do you think going thru premium speeds up I485 too?
Thanks for sharing the info
No particular reason, I just wanted to make sure that my I140 is cleared before I go for I485. Just one step at a time.

Congratulations.

Do you belong to EB-2 India ?

Yes, I am from India.

NY EB2 I-140 Regular approved

NY RIR LC PD Oct 2002 , AD - May 2006
I140 ND 08/08/2006 , LUD 08/12/2006 , AD- 02/28/2007
I-485 ND 08/08/2008, FP 10/26/2006, LUD 10/27/2006, AD - ??

Guys -- does anybody have an idea of how to find out if /how my name check progress. USCIS hotline doesnt give any info

Congrats bcktcnd!!

Congratulations !!!

A long long wait for many people hear which is frustrating but ultimately once it happens...Happy days are here again..

.... I am still waiting..

thanks

Congratulatins bcktcnd!

Congrats! The days of worry are finally over. My best wishes for a prosperous future and happiness.
Mas06

Congrats! The days of worry are finally over. My best wishes for a prosperous future and happiness.
Mas06

Congrats for your freedom!!

BTW, How do you come to know you case was in namecheck? Is there a way to check your I-485 status?

any comments will be helpful Thanks

bcktnd

congrats, well freedom is still a year away, one can not change emloyer atleast for a year, right

Congrats for your freedom!!

BTW, How do you come to know you case was in namecheck? Is there a way to check your I-485 status?

any comments will be helpful Thanks

Hi Madhukar73,
Well, I knew this using three different sources:
1) I had in Infopass on 12/11/06. I was told that my NC is pending
2) I called NSC on 1/17/07, I was then told the same story
3) I initiated a service inquiry on 1/22 and I got a canned letter dated 1/30 that my background check is still open.
Other sources: you could ask your congressman or senator and they will give the same information.
Good luck!

Another Lud 02/28 see signature

I got another lud today in the afternoon, i do not know if the inquiry i did on monday has something to do with that LUd or is just a normal lud that they are checking my case, Anyone had a Lud after inquiring around here?

NOw i am wondering so bad

What all this bunch of LUDS means even when they say someone is looking at my case, i bet there is a lot, whoever is looking my petition is looking then every corner of the papers, I got another one today and no message change ill cross my fingers.