Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

So 1 out of every 3 persons is stuck for more than a year? That by itself is scary. With people jumping EB3 to EB2, EB2 India is going to get retrogressed badly soon. People who are EB2 India better hope they're not those 1 in 3.

BTW, from what I've seen, practically everyone's stuck in namecheck. I mean how many people are getting approved at all these days? Very few from all service centers combined.

Yes, good luck.

Total USCIS Name Checks by # of days pending:

0-30: 36888
31-60: 45026
61-90: 31746
91-120: 13934
121-364: 68411
365+: 106011
Total: 302016

For AOS only:

0-30: 16665
31-60: 17427
61-90: 14413
91-120: 5467
120-364: 31063
365+: 52073
Total:137108

Good luck everyone...

So 1 out of every 3 persons is stuck for more than a year? That by itself is scary. With people jumping EB3 to EB2, EB2 India is going to get retrogressed badly soon. People who are EB2 India better hope they're not those 1 in 3.

BTW, from what I've seen, practically everyone's stuck in namecheck. I mean how many people are getting approved at all these days? Very few from all service centers combined.

Yes, good luck.

It's more like 3 out of 100 get stuck for more than a year.

It's more like 3 out of 100 get stuck for more than a year.

Man it is surprising to see this statistic. I guess with these numbers NC process does not look that bad but almost everyone I know is going through the same pains. I guess I know bunch of unlucky people.

Man it is surprising to see this statistic. I guess with these numbers NC process does not look that bad but almost everyone I know is going through the same pains. I guess I know bunch of unlucky people.

Couple bits of information/thoughts -

a) assume FBI is providing accurate info to Senator Specter. I have to assume this is true.

b) although country of origin is not directly used. i have to believe odds of getting a hit is higher if:

i) you are from a larger country
ii) you are from a country that has high immigration numbers to the US

JW,

We need your help on the NC clearness tracker, could you please create it or added it to the existing 485 tracker to simplify the tracking process and link between the 485 progress and the NC clearness.

Your help is always appreciated.

Couple bits of information/thoughts -

a) assume FBI is providing accurate info to Senator Specter. I have to assume this is true.

b) although country of origin is not directly used. i have to believe odds of getting a hit is higher if:

i) you are from a larger country
ii) you are from a country that has high immigration numbers to the US

JW,

We need your help on the NC clearness tracker, could you please create it or added it to the existing 485 tracker to simplify the tracking process and link between the 485 progress and the NC clearness.

Your help is always appreciated.

I do have a field in the tracker for confirmed NC people.

I am considering the NC tracker. However, I need to give it some thought to who/when someone gets added to the tracker. There is very little info on when a NC was requested by USCIS, when people find out they are stuck in name check, etc. So as soon as I figure something that may give us relevant information I will move ahead...

Will keep everyone posted...

Hmm, lets see. We have (for AOS):

365+: 52073
Total:137108

that gives us:

52073 * 100/137108 = 38% approx.

Or 38 out of 100 people stuck 365+. Am I reading this incorrectly?

Yesyou are. these are the cases that are stuck. Your denominator is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1.75 million cases per year.

Your formula is telling you, of the people that are stuck how many are stuck for more than a year.

Remember that the numbers that JustW quoted are for cases that were PENDING at the time of the survey. It did not include all those that were passed and completed, which was close to 90% to begin with.

name check? how?

Hi Guys,
I am sure this question was answered before but can you please let me know how to find out if I am stuck in NC?

Thanks,
Rim

Cp

There is one thing I don't understand: I've never heard about the interview for Consular Processing applicants being postponed b/c of namechecks pending.
How are the namechecked done for CP then???

There is one thing I don't understand: I've never heard about the interview for Consular Processing applicants being postponed b/c of namechecks pending.
How are the namechecked done for CP then???

Under CP, name check is know as "administrative review". These are requested by the State Department vs. USCIS. I am not sure if they get better turnaround times.

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

anotherbricking - updated
isitanylonger - updated (APPROVED!)
Fgsilva - updated (APPROVED!)
gcgcusa - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Approval reported in another thread

Link to the thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1615140#post1615140

20th February 2007, 03:39 PM
Fgsilva
Registered User Join Date: May 2006

Approved!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just got it a few seconds ago!!!!!!

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On February 20, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Thanks to all here for all the suport and great advices!!! I have the feeling that we will be seeing lots of approval this week!! Good luck to all here! Keep the faith and the hope cause it will come to you too!
I-140 AD: 8/2/06
LUD 9/13/06; 10/22/06
PD: 9/26/05
I-485 NSC RD 8/17/06 ND 9/7/06
RFE: 10/5/06; Replied 10/12/06; RD 10/16/06
LUDs: 10/5/06 (RFE); 10/10/06; 10/16/06(received RFE reply); 10/17,18,25,26/06
I485 FP: 10/25/06
I765 online: RD:10/4/06; LUD: 10/9,10,20/06; 12/9/06; 1/01/07;
I765 FP (Code 2): 10/19/06
AD: 12/6/06; EAD Card Received 12/10/06
I-485 AD 2/20/07
GC received ?

USCIS just updated processing times.
NSC went back to June 26 from July 13 :mad: . They can just do whatever the heck they want to do and there is nothing one can do about it ... or is there?

And TSC went 08/21/2006 . Thought they shared the load equally.

immigration-law also put FBI Name check expedite criteria. WOM no longer exists in the list.

NSC went back to June 26 from July 13 :mad: . They can just do whatever the heck they want to do and there is nothing one can do about it ... or is there?

It looks like Texas TSC moved from July 17st 2006 to Aug 21st 2006.

LUD updated

I logined to uscis today and found the LUD of my and my wife's I-485 were updated on 2/9/2007. Does it mean something? Urgent waiting for....