Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

Add me to tracker

JustWatching,

Could you add me to 485 tracker. My information is in the signature

By the way thank you for your great work. I also benefited from you labor cert tracker in labor cert. forums.

NC shoukd start from 1st FP, why did yours start from may 2006?

nelsona said:
I made a service request on my pending I-485 (now pending well over 1000 days!).

It confirmed my fears:

Note that I have submitted to FP twice, both cleared, and have probably been in name check since august (based on last LUD).

This sucks.

Are you considering WOM ? You have been there for close to 3 years now ?

nelsona said:
I made a service request on my pending I-485 (now pending well over 1000 days!).

It confirmed my fears:

Note that I have submitted to FP twice, both cleared, and have probably been in name check since august (based on last LUD).

This sucks.

Hero,
I filed concurrently, and my I-140 was not approved when I first did FP.

Add to that, that back in 2004, NSC unilaterally decided that they weren't going to even look at advancing I-485s until the I-140 was completed (their way of doing an end-run around concurrent filing, which the USCIS HATES).

So. while I don't know exactly when NC started, from luds and previous service requests, it coincided with the second set of FPs last spring.

So, was it may, or april, or 2004 who cares? Once NC last more than a month or two, you are basically in the black hole.

As to writ of mandamus, I'm considering. I think WOM has little chance of success.

How Long for Fingerprint Notice?

How long should it be before I have a fingerprint date from USCIS? My 485 Receipt date was 01/04/07, but there have been no updates since then. Seems to me most FP notices are within one month of receipt date.

LC requires MS NSC-RFE need BS

Finally RFE is received in Attorney office: in the RFE NSC requested a copy of my Foreign Bachelors Degree.

My LC requires Masters Degree in Engineering + 2 year experience and I-140 (Premium Processing) was filled based on that I meet the requirement by having a Masters Degree in Engineering equivalent to a US Masters Degree Plus 2 years experience.

Any suggestion why NSC issued RFE and asked copy of Bachelors Degree while I-140 was filled based on Masters Degree requirement in LC

kgp said:
Finally RFE is received in Attorney office: in the RFE NSC requested a copy of my Foreign Bachelors Degree.

Any suggestion why NSC issued RFE and asked copy of Bachelors Degree while I-140 was filled based on Masters Degree requirement in LC

This is a typical USCIS stall tactic at the I-140 stage. Just submit; don't think.

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

Passed the 100 entry mark. Thank you everybody for participating.

marusia_k - added
green_ocean - updated (APPROVED!)
z4lover - not added (did you get receipt notice? Let us know to make sure you ended up at NSC)
kairos - added
songlan - added
vine95050 - updated
johndoe007 - added
DBEL - added
nelsona - updated
kali_GC - added
J20022005 - added
sai_ani - addded
JustWatching - updated (my I-140 was approved!)

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

to Just Watching

Hey Just Watching:
I noticed that from your "tracker" some of my informatio is missing:
I am EB-2, LIN-06253-xxxxx

still no more news.....

NSC operator not giving information

I called up the NSC folks to check if my name check was cleared and she refused to give any information? Is this true with NSC folks or just a bad day and bad timing? I dont call NSC often had contacted them after 4 months....

leo

Please update FP and LUD information for my tracker entry

Just Watching, please See signature for updates to LUD and FP information.

got 2 LUDs without message changes, not sure what that means.

As I mentioned before my LC requires a Masters Degree and my Bachelor's degree is a 3 year degree plus I have a 2 years PG Diploma in Engineering from one of the best Institute in India, which is well known and well regognized internationally. So what are your Thought when I have 3 yr BS + 2 Yr Diploma, AND requirement is a Masters Degree do you think in this situation NSC will recognize that masters is equivalent to a US masters, As admission to Masters was granted based on 3 years BS + 2 YEARS Diploma and not just based on 3 YEAR BS.

fyi: my attorney suggested that if we simply provide copy of Bachelors Degree NSC may deny case, so they are suggesting not to send copy of 3 year BS but to argue with NSC that NSC does not need copy of 3 year degree as Requirement is Masters Degree and Beneficiary meets Masters Degree requirement by virtue of his Indian Masters Degree in Engineering which is equivalent to a US Masters Degree.

However I suggested to send the above mentioned explaination plus provide copy of Masters Degree and copy of 3 years BS degree plus send copy of 2 years Diploma.

KGP

Last edited by a moderator:
485 Priority dates...

Hello all,

Could someone please tell me a good forum to bit*h about priority dates not being current and congress not doing anything and yada yada...

Regards,
mn.

CIR, SKIL bills...

Does anyone know the latest of CIR and SKIL bills? What is happening? When is it likely to be re-introduced in congress???

Regards,
mn.

anyone in my sitaution

My I485 has RD of June 13 2006, staus request response states "your case is with immigration officer"
anybody in my situation

I think I read that somebody had the same reply and was approved within few days. You seem to really be there. There are no more excuses after that.
My I485 has RD of June 13 2006, staus request response states "your case is with immigration officer"
anybody in my situation

Last time they updated the processing times they jumped over 2 months in less then a months.
This time they will probably wait 2 months for update and advance less then a month. The times are already more then a month old.
Not that it matters much in USCIS-land, it's all good fun ... :)