Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

See my signature.

My I-485 RD is 10/27/2006

No updates, no FP no EAD or AP

dreamer_ny said:
Hello,
Has anyone received the FP notice with FD 11/01 or later?

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of updates on my case

First the favorable :)
Spouse and I both recvd FP notices for Baltimore on 12/11.
Mine - given date of 12/29
Spouse - given date of 12/27

Next, the not-so-favorable :(
Spouse and I both recvd RFE email alerts on both our first-time EAD and AP apps
EAD RFE alert rcvd - 12/12
AP RFE alert rcvd - 12/13

No more info about the evidence requested yet. We had all our records in place, so i wonder what it may be?

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

Miamivice4u - added
KGCM - updated
vali - updated (Approved) Congrats!
ahsa4393 - updated
rvb_md2001 - updated

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Thanks

Thanks a lot for maintaining this xls tracker. I just had an infopass appointment and found out that NC has not cleared yet. Please see me signature.

mas06 said:
Thanks a lot for maintaining this xls tracker. I just had an infopass appointment and found out that NC has not cleared yet. Please see me signature.

from which country r u?

Rare name

Antonioa77,
By the way, I forgot to say that my last name is relatively common but my first name is extraordinary rare. I suspect they have a major problem in processing these checks and they are really behind. Also, I read somewhere that as their database acquires more entries (millions), this makes it flag a higher percentage of initial "hits" (i.e. more than the quoted 20%). The second manual search is likely taking more than 30-60 days as claimed. Again this pure speculation but has some observations to back it.
For your case, do not worry just yet, your case is relatively new. For me, I will wait until at least a year is gone before considering the next step. Good luck.

mas06 said:

I'm from lebanon. one yr waiting for namecheck is too much. why u wana wait that long not just 6 months?

Received FP notice

I received FP notice today. Its scheduled for 12/26/06.

My I-485 Notice Date is 11/08/06.

I also submitted response to RFE today. RFE was received on 12/11/06 forI-1485 about birth certificate.

No update

Anybody got any news on RD 10/27 ?

485- FD - 10/24/06
485- RD - 10/27/06
EAD- FD - 10/24/06
EAD- RD - 10/27/06
AP- FD - 10/24/06
AP- RD - 10/27/06
Receipt # - LIN-070215****
---------------

LC PD - 4/2002 EB2 India
140- FD - 04/25/06
140- RD - 04/28/06
140 AD - 08/08/06

FBI background checks and age

I was talking to a friend today and he mentioned that the background check duration could depend on the age of applicant, perhaps, going through a more serious verification for those over age of 30. He noticed that several of his friends who were older than 30 got NC resolved in more than a year, while several others younger than 30 got GC in a matter of several months.

It's a pure speculation so far, but I'm wondering if anyone had a contradicting observation...

RFE on birth cert

mdgc2001 said:
I received FP notice today. Its scheduled for 12/26/06.

My I-485 Notice Date is 11/08/06.

I also submitted response to RFE today. RFE was received on 12/11/06 forI-1485 about birth certificate.

hi mdgc2001,

Was your RFE for birth cert due to the original birth cert you submitted was not in English? I received RFE for birth cert as well even though I submitted copy of my birth cert together with I-485 application. The only reason I think I received RFE for birth cert could be that my birth cert is not in English language. So did you do a translation of your birth cert? Did you have to notarize the English translation. I have not submitted a response yet. Thanks for your input!

igor_ch said:
I was talking to a friend today and he mentioned that the background check duration could depend on the age of applicant, perhaps, going through a more serious verification for those over age of 30. He noticed that several of his friends who were older than 30 got NC resolved in more than a year, while several others younger than 30 got GC in a matter of several months.

It's a pure speculation so far, but I'm wondering if anyone had a contradicting observation...

so u r sayin that namecheck can be cleared in 3 to 5 months after it was initiated? or it is either 2 weeks or yrs ?

Got FP

Ok Got my FP 12/28 ND 12/12

485- FD - 10/24/06
485- RD - 10/27/06
EAD- FD - 10/24/06
EAD- RD - 10/27/06
AP- FD - 10/24/06
AP- RD - 10/27/06
Receipt # - LIN-070215****
---------------

LC PD - 4/2002 EB2 India
140- FD - 04/25/06
140- RD - 04/28/06
140 AD - 08/08/06

No

My Birth Cert was in English but was issued only a few years ago. The RFE said since the certificate was issued very long after the birth, I need to submit additional evidence. They gave a list of 5 items to submit.

1. Hospital birth records
2. Medical records
3. School records
4. Sensus records
5. Religious ceremony records

Any of the above should have date of birth and both parents names to be considered. They asked to submit oldest evidence possible.

paulnews said:
hi mdgc2001,

Was your RFE for birth cert due to the original birth cert you submitted was not in English? I received RFE for birth cert as well even though I submitted copy of my birth cert together with I-485 application. The only reason I think I received RFE for birth cert could be that my birth cert is not in English language. So did you do a translation of your birth cert? Did you have to notarize the English translation. I have not submitted a response yet. Thanks for your input!