Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

USCIS updated the processing times last nite. My Notice date is May 4th '06 and they are processing (@ NSC) May 6th' 06 cases. I haven't seen any LUD's on my case. I dunno what's happening. Can someone throw some light on that to me. It will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
SN

KGCM said:
Didn't know that USCIS updated their stats again yesterday. May 06, 2006 is the date for 485 in NSC! It was in April beginning this month!

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/Processtimes.jsp?SeviceCenter=Nebraska

SN4GC said:
USCIS updated the processing times last nite. My Notice date is May 4th '06 and they are processing (@ NSC) May 6th' 06 cases. I haven't seen any LUD's on my case. I dunno what's happening. Can someone throw some light on that to me. It will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
SN

Well - either you are a few weeks away or you are stuck in name check.

While processing dates have been somewhat of an indicator, approval trends after I-140 have been easier to detect.

I have seen I-485 approvals 3-4 weeks after I-140 approval if everything else is good (aka not stuck in name check).

So you can either give it a couple more weeks based on your I-140 approval and see if you get your I-485 approval, or...

you can wait for a couple more processing reports - which i think will come out mid January (although always hard to guess). If they keep at the same pace they will be beyond 30 days of your ND and then you can open a service request, or....

what i would do, log on right now, get an InfoPass and go find out if your case is stuck in name check. If it isn't then I would go buy champagne and get ready because you can't get any closer than that!

If it is stuck in name check, well then you are 2 weeks - 2 years away....

Good luck and may you be a permanent resident before midnight December 31st!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi MDGC

1. Does the certificate have a "birth registered date" and is that date recent?

2. Does the certificate have "issued date" (the date the certificate was requested & issued) and is this date recent?

Thanks.

mdgc2001 said:
My Birth Cert was in English but was issued only a few years ago. The RFE said since the certificate was issued very long after the birth, I need to submit additional evidence. They gave a list of 5 items to submit.

1. Hospital birth records
2. Medical records
3. School records
4. Sensus records
5. Religious ceremony records

Any of the above should have date of birth and both parents names to be considered. They asked to submit oldest evidence possible.

FP Notice

I haven't received mine yet. Question: What does it mean to 'receive one'? Will USCIS notify me by email, or my attorney, will LUD change (will those auto emails be generated?

Thanks

my story about namecheck

I just went to the local FBi office to talk with them about the namecheck and to c if they can help me. it was pretty useless basically. they told me that they can't help here and those cases are handled in west virginia (although to my knowledge it is in washington DC) and he told me that the namecheck is takin these days 6 months to 1 yr in many cases.

the funny thing is that fbi website says that almost all cases are cleared in 60 days after submission.

in summary all this is a mess and nobody knows when this namecheck thing will clear. i believe all the estiamted dates that USCIS and FBI show about clearing namecheck are not representative.

antonioa77 said:
I just went to the local FBi office to talk with them about the namecheck and to c if they can help me. it was pretty useless basically. they told me that they can't help here and those cases are handled in west virginia (although to my knowledge it is in washington DC) and he told me that the namecheck is takin these days 6 months to 1 yr in many cases.

the funny thing is that fbi website says that almost all cases are cleared in 60 days after submission.

in summary all this is a mess and nobody knows when this namecheck thing will clear. i believe all the estiamted dates that USCIS and FBI show about clearing namecheck are not representative.

It looks like that 6-12 months is now the normal turnaround time for this NC process. It is difficult to be certain about the excat percentage of cases resolved in 60 or even 120 days. If we are to take cases listed in different forums, I think the true percentage is about 50-60%. One oberservation though: cases are still faster to approve in TSC. I do not think security check are tighter for those who end up in NSC, so there is a NSC-specific factor aslo involved- perhaps new NC clearence is not entered in the system or they are logging these entries directly into the new BCS system which is supposed to go live soon. It is a very complicated process and often difficult to understand. For now, if you are lucky, you'd hope that this process takes less than a year :confused:

Today I tried the 1-800 number but could not reach officer, what is the options you guys used to get to person instead of the machine...

mas06 said:
It looks like that 6-12 months is now the normal turnaround time for this NC process. It is difficult to be certain about the excat percentage of cases resolved in 60 or even 120 days. If we are to take cases listed in different forums, I think the true percentage is about 50-60%. One oberservation though: cases are still faster to approve in TSC. I do not think security check are tighter for those who end up in NSC, so there is a NSC-specific factor aslo involved- perhaps new NC clearence is not entered in the system or they are logging these entries directly into the new BCS system which is supposed to go live soon. It is a very complicated process and often difficult to understand. For now, if you are lucky, you'd hope that this process takes less than a year :confused:

Name Check?

Guys, Pardon my ignorance. How do you know if you have passed the name check? My FP was taken 10/21.

Name check

I actually set an Infopass appointment. You can go the USCIS website and do that online. Calling the 800 number may or may not yield results. My trials were all unscucceful.

I just came across an interesting reference:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/cpque...&r_n=hr520.109&db_id=109&item=&sel=TOC_61637&

According to this, there is an awareness of the big backlog and they are working to resolve that by setting a fee schedule for the actual cost of Name check, both to do it and to elimnate the backlog.

mas06 said:
I actually set an Infopass appointment. You can go the USCIS website and do that online. Calling the 800 number may or may not yield results. My trials were all unscucceful.

I just came across an interesting reference:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/cpque...&r_n=hr520.109&db_id=109&item=&sel=TOC_61637&

According to this, there is an awareness of the big backlog and they are working to resolve that by setting a fee schedule for the actual cost of Name check, both to do it and to elimnate the backlog.

it is just talks. even if they increase the fee for namecheck. it needs fbi yrs to clear their backlog and to hire new people to clear it. so all this is for the future and not now.

Can anyone please answer this for me? Thanks a million

zgubi said:
I haven't received mine yet. Question: What does it mean to 'receive one'? Will USCIS notify me by email, or my attorney, will LUD change (will those auto emails be generated?

Thanks

zgubi said:
Originally Posted by zgubi

Thanks

You will get in the mail. Your attorney gets courtesy copy.
No LUD change for issuing FP. May get LUD after going to appointment but not everybody dooes.
You won't get an e-mail.

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

This is my last update for the year. I am going on vacation and will return next year. I hope you all are able to enjoy some time off with family and friends. I also hope that at least for some of you, you will become permanent residents before the end of the year. May next year bring green cards to all of us!

mas06 - added
anotherbricking - added (EB-?)
Fula149 - updated (when is your FP app)
mdgc2001 - updated
nylc4yr - updated
sathya10 - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

thanks JW....
Also, in the tracker, my LUD on I-485 is 11/01

Thanks

JustWatching said:
You will get in the mail. Your attorney gets courtesy copy.
No LUD change for issuing FP. May get LUD after going to appointment but not everybody dooes.
You won't get an e-mail.

eb1_nsc: See my answers

I hope the following answers your questions.
eb1_nsc said:
Hi MDGC

1. Does the certificate have a "birth registered date" and is that date recent?

>>> It does not have this date.

2. Does the certificate have "issued date" (the date the certificate was requested & issued) and is this date recent?

>>> It has a issue date which in in 2000.

Thanks.

My RFE update

I submitted a response on Monday 11/18/06 evening by US priority mail.

Today (11/20/06) after-noon I got an automated e-mail that the response was received and the case resumed processing.

Its nice to see that it got updated very fast.

Fp

I received FP appointment for my and my wife. Does any know if children need to do FP (under 12 yrs old)?

New entry to the tracker

EB2 non retrogressed
PD (LC): 06/09/06
I-140/I-485/EAD/AP RD 08/31/06
EAD/AP AD 10/13/06
I-140 AD 11/27/06
FP ND 11/03/06
FP Code 3 done 11/17/06

Last edited by a moderator: