Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

GreenCard2010 said:
this is for the I485. EB3.

although u got an RFE but it still a good sign at least they looked at ur I485 application.hope the rfe will be easy to handle and ur namecheck is cleared then after u reply back to the rfe u will get approved quickly. did u inquire about ur namecheck? from which country r u? if u wana know about ur namecheck schedule and infopass apointment with ur local USCIS office and hopefully they will tell u about it.

Thank you.

My lawyer mentioned that RFE and name check are different parallel processes so there is no dependency and the RFE can show when the name check is not cleared yet. But he mentioned the RFE could be for mistake on the FP which was done few days ago (like the print is not clear or so) or issue with the application or the company. its all guesses until he gets the letter.

antonioa77 said:
although u got an RFE but it still a good sign at least they looked at ur I485 application.hope the rfe will be easy to handle and ur namecheck is cleared then after u reply back to the rfe u will get approved quickly. did u inquire about ur namecheck? from which country r u? if u wana know about ur namecheck schedule and infopass apointment with ur local USCIS office and hopefully they will tell u about it.

GreenCard2010 said:
Thank you.

My lawyer mentioned that RFE and name check are different parallel processes so there is no dependency and the RFE can show when the name check is not cleared yet. But he mentioned the RFE could be for mistake on the FP which was done few days ago (like the print is not clear or so) or issue with the application or the company. its all guesses until he gets the letter.

i know that RFe and namecheck r independent but say ur nmae check has benn cleared by now and then u reply back to the RFE then u have to expect a final decision in a month or so. this is why it will be wise to know about the status iof namecheck especailly if it was cleared.

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

canislupus - added (You aren't really retrogressed, right?)
iknownothing - updated (APPROVED) Congrats!
Fula149 - added
Indianavictim - added
GreenCard2010 - updated

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

At the beginning of the November I called USCIS to inquiry about the status of my pending I-485. I've got the following response:
"Your application is awaiting assignment to an Officer. You will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional information is needed."

Couple weeks ago I asked my lawyer to call USCIS to inquiry about my case. Here is the response he's got:
"... It appears that fingerprints, security checks and biometrics have cleared on your I-485 application. Your case is pending and waiting to be assigned to an officer for review. ..." Over a month ago I got my I-140 approved and I have no LUD to my I-485 since May. PD is current and I am one month past official processing dates. How long does it take to have the case assigned to an officer or is this just a stock response letter? What are my chances to get approved by the end of the year?

I am in the same boat

vali said:
At the beginning of the November I called USCIS to inquiry about the status of my pending I-485. I've got the following response:
"Your application is awaiting assignment to an Officer. You will be notified when a decision has been made or if additional information is needed."

Couple weeks ago I asked my lawyer to call USCIS to inquiry about my case. Here is the response he's got:
"... It appears that fingerprints, security checks and biometrics have cleared on your I-485 application. Your case is pending and waiting to be assigned to an officer for review. ..." Over a month ago I got my I-140 approved and I have no LUD to my I-485 since May. PD is current and I am one month past official processing dates. How long does it take to have the case assigned to an officer or is this just a stock response letter? What are my chances to get approved by the end of the year?

Vali, my I-140 got approved on October 11th this year and got a couple of LUDs on 11/07 and 11/08 on my I-485 with no message change, I called USCIS and the agent told me that fingerprints and biometrics had cleared and that they were just waiting on Name check to clear and that my case had been sent for pre-adjudication, I am EB2 ROW and my RD is 05/01/06 on both 140/485. On another note I know that NSC is trying to get caught up with all the retrogressed cases that have current PDs now and that has slowed them down working on current cases, that's why dates didn't move this month compared to other service centers and we have barely seen 485 approvals lately. So I think that they will start working on our cases soon after they get caught up with the other cases. We are getting closer by the minute. Don't lose hope!

bubble23 said:
Vali, my I-140 got approved on October 11th this year and got a couple of LUDs on 11/07 and 11/08 on my I-485 with no message change, I called USCIS and the agent told me that fingerprints and biometrics had cleared and that they were just waiting on Name check to clear and that my case had been sent for pre-adjudication, I am EB2 ROW and my RD is 05/01/06 on both 140/485. On another note I know that NSC is trying to get caught up with all the retrogressed cases that have current PDs now and that has slowed them down working on current cases, that's why dates didn't move this month compared to other service centers and we have barely seen 485 approvals lately. So I think that they will start working on our cases soon after they get caught up with the other cases. We are getting closer by the minute. Don't lose hope!

just wondering, how come u r so hopeful that ur case will be approved soon and at the same time u r stuck with namecheck?

Pls, Add me.., thank you.

undefined
JustWatching said:
I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

canislupus - added (You aren't really retrogressed, right?)
iknownothing - updated (APPROVED) Congrats!
Fula149 - added
Indianavictim - added
GreenCard2010 - updated

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name HA-1
Priority Date 05/31/2002
Retrogressed (Y/N) N
Country Egypt
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3 EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date 8/15/06
I-140 Approval Date ??
I-485 Receipt Date 11/22/06
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX) LIN-06239-xxxxx
Finger Print Notice Date ??
Finger Print Appointment Date ??
I-485 Approval Date ??

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Finally I'm in I-485 status!
I ask attorony to upgrade I-140 to PP and pay him at 11/15, he did not upgrade until now. Should I ask him to stop it, or not? in other word, is the approved I-140 speed up the I-485 process or not?

Thank you for your time and effort on this- and other - trackers.

antonioa77 said:
it must have been be processed under a premium process.

Yes, it is premium process for my I-140. Actually, I was informed by lawyer at 11/8 (Still less than 15 days). After that I checked the status on-line, the approval date is 10/30. Hopfefully I-485 has this premium process. It takes me too long to get here. My PD is 3/2001.

antonioa77!
I tried many times to check my name check status to reach NSC using 1800 number, but it always goes to National service center. The lady explains to me that she doesn't have the name check info. How to get to a person to know my namecheck status?

Thanks!

hellogc_2006 said:
antonioa77!
I tried many times to check my name check status to reach NSC using 1800 number, but it always goes to National service center. The lady explains to me that she doesn't have the name check info. How to get to a person to know my namecheck status?

Thanks!

get an infopass apointment in the nearest USCIS office and they will tell about ur namecheck. calling the 1800 is a waste of time.

antonioa77 said:
get an infopass apointment in the nearest USCIS office and they will tell about ur namecheck. calling the 1800 is a waste of time.

Hi,

I am trying to get an infopass. Will there be any effect on the case because of this?

Under "please select type of appointment", do I need to choose "You have a question about your case" or "You wish to speak to an immigration officer".?

rspr said:
Hi,

I am trying to get an infopass. Will there be any effect on the case because of this?

Under "please select type of appointment", do I need to choose "You have a question about your case" or "You wish to speak to an immigration officer".?
both choices work . it doesn't affect ur case at all.

antonioa77/rspr,

My notice date for 140 & 485 from NSC is 07/21/06. Can I request for an infopass appointment? I am asking because NSC is processing 140 for 05/16 and 485 for 03/15.

Where do i go to make the appointment?

Thanks.

gcbez said:
antonioa77/rspr,

My notice date for 140 & 485 from NSC is 07/21/06. Can I request for an infopass appointment? I am asking because NSC is processing 140 for 05/16 and 485 for 03/15.

Where do i go to make the appointment?

Thanks.

I just googled and got a USCIS website where I can take infopass appointment. I will take appointment tomorrow.

You should be able to take Infopass, no matter what your RD is.

I 485 Rfe

My lawyer got the RFE letter: on 2005 I went to Canada for one day trip and did not give up my I-94 and got back to USA using the same I-94, the RFE is requesting evidence about my entry to USA on that day and why my I-94 is not updated, the lawyer is suggesting a letter to them with the details about the Canada trip, would you please share if you had similar RFE and if the letter is enough? Please advice.

GreenCard2010 said:
My lawyer got the RFE letter: on 2005 I went to Canada for one day trip and did not give up my I-94 and got back to USA using the same I-94, the RFE is requesting evidence about my entry to USA on that day and why my I-94 is not updated, the lawyer is suggesting a letter to them with the details about the Canada trip, would you please share if you had similar RFE and if the letter is enough? Please advice.

from which country r u?