Consolidated NSC I-485 Tracker

I485 application was returned

Hi,
I applied my I-485 by 12/18/06, but my lawyer just told me my application was returned to his office yesterday because they said my priority date is not current. However, my PD is 7/3/02 and as I know the EB3 visa for Chinese is already 8/1/2002.
Anybody can tell me a reason, cause the stupid lawyer just said it was returned.
Also do you think it will affect my case if I re-apply later, even though I don't mind to wait for a little bit longer.
appreciate your input.
:confused:

You should be able to refile

This looks like an error on CIS's part. Please ask your lawyer to refile, with a detailed cover letter. I am assuming that you didn't port a previous PD to your new application. If so that requires you to quote the relevant section of the law.

Good luck.

161 said:
Hi,
I applied my I-485 by 12/18/06, but my lawyer just told me my application was returned to his office yesterday because they said my priority date is not current. However, my PD is 7/3/02 and as I know the EB3 visa for Chinese is already 8/1/2002.
Anybody can tell me a reason, cause the stupid lawyer just said it was returned.
Also do you think it will affect my case if I re-apply later, even though I don't mind to wait for a little bit longer.
appreciate your input.
:confused:

Good question!

You are asking a good question. There are two views on this.

My belief is that it helps in speeding up 485 approval. At a minimum PP of 140 will allow you to clear one more hurdle (don't want to risk a last minute RFE on 140). It will also put your case in the "ready for approval" queue for 485. As we all know, CIS doesn't strictly respect FIFO. Bottom line, in my assessment, while it costs more to PP your 140, it is a more conservative and safer option.

ctrack said:
Justwatching and all...

how do you reconcile the 458 approvals under 6 months...on the tracker?

while people have been waiting much longer....?

how is it that some get thier approvals faster? - any idea?

NSC contact??

Jan2005 said:
You are asking a good question. There are two views on this.

My belief is that it helps in speeding up 485 approval. At a minimum PP of 140 will allow you to clear one more hurdle (don't want to risk a last minute RFE on 140). It will also put your case in the "ready for approval" queue for 485. As we all know, CIS doesn't strictly respect FIFO. Bottom line, in my assessment, while it costs more to PP your 140, it is a more conservative and safer option.
I am in a dilemma. I want to know whether my lawyer has filed for my 140/485. I sent all the documents a month back and still i havent had a received mail from NSC or fingerprinting notice.Can i call NSC and ask whether they have received my case. I asked my attorney a number of times and wud like to make sure the case was sent to NSC.Can i call NSC and find out. Any inputs.

It is difficult to get any information from USCIS with valid receipt number and you don't even have that. USCIS is not a very customer friendly organization so you could be spending a lot of time on phone to get this information and I have a serious doubt you will have any success.

Keep bugging your lawyer and ask for the receipt notices and when did he send the documents. Anything else would not be practical. If you are sure of mailing date then may be you can try with USCIS with date of mailing. But as results at NSC show it is taking quite long ( more than a month after mailing ) to get even the receipt number.

Chocolate said:
I am in a dilemma. I want to know whether my lawyer has filed for my 140/485. I sent all the documents a month back and still i havent had a received mail from NSC or fingerprinting notice.Can i call NSC and ask whether they have received my case. I asked my attorney a number of times and wud like to make sure the case was sent to NSC.Can i call NSC and find out. Any inputs.

Try the phone service. Make sure you have a FedEx tracking info - you will need to know the date when application was received at USCIS. As far as I know, they have several tiers of support, so, keep insisting on the info, as the first tier has little more info than you can see on the Web site. If they are stuck, ask to transfer to those who might know. If they don't want to transfer, tell them you don't believe that an organization as big and as sophisticated as USCIS does not know where is your case, so someone has to know : )) Ask them to talk to the mail room. If one agent refuses to help, call again to get someone else, let them work! And let us know how/if it worked.

Chocolate said:

Chocolate said:

this is from murthy.com. it will tell you what is going on.

NSC : Delays in Issuance of Receipt Notices

At the end of December 2006, the Nebraska Service Center (NSC) acknowledged delays in the issuance and transmission of receipt notices. NSC has assigned additional officers to this process in an effort to address the problem. They expect to bring things up to date by mid January 2007.

The NSC established an eMail address for inquiries on cases that have been filed with NSC for more than 15 days, but for which receipts have not been issued. In order to use the eMail service, one must be able to confirm the date of delivery with a tracking number from the delivery service. This eMail address is available to attorneys through the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).

Use of this method of contact should be limited to urgent matters, since the NSC says that they will resolve the problem in two weeks. Thus, for most people it appears that a bit more patience is all that is needed. We at the Murthy Law Firm appreciate efforts on the parts of the NSC and USCIS towards a speedy resolution to this problem.

Updated Tracker

I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

jack_xie - added
kiku1975 - added
Indianavictim - updated (APPROVED!)
curryus - added (APPROVED!)
dstu - added

This will be a consolidated NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER. Post if you have filed I-485 in Nebraska regardless of date.

I will update the tracker every few days. Please do not update the tracker as this causes version control issues.

Please post the following information:

User name
Priority Date
Retrogressed (Y/N)
Country
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3
I-140 Receipt Date
I-140 Approval Date
I-485 Receipt Date
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX)
Finger Print Notice Date
Finger Print Appointment Date
I-485 Approval Date

Please note that this is NOT meant to be a I-140 tracker. Visit the I-140 Nebraska section for a comprehensive I-140 tracker. I am however capturing this information here since it is likely there is some relationship between I-140 approval and I-485.

For those of you that came from BEC and got to use that tracker, I think it was useful for all of us. Now please help build this tracker.

I will add reports once we collect enough records to make them useful.

Yes, I know trackitt.com exists and its great, etc., etc. I invite you to post there as well. Keeping a tracker here allows us to track and discuss as well.

Thank you everyone.

JustWatching

Traveling using AP vs. staying on H1-b

According to my lawyer, this is possible. I asked her after our discussion here and this is what she said:

"You are legally permitted to travel pursuant to the ADvance Parole while
maintaining the H-1B status. Maintaining the H-1B status will allow you to
remain in the U.S. if something goes off track with the Adjustmetn of
Status Application."

same boat

dstu said:
Please, add me to tracker.

Also can anybody briefly explain steps of I-485? My LUD is the next date after fingerprints were taken (mid-July). USCIS/CRIS message states that case is received and pending.
Seems like we are exactly on the same boat (see my dates underneath). You should be waiting for your name check to be cleared at this point (could take an INFOPASS to inquire about the progress). If your name check is cleared, your case should be processed soon and you should be able to get the decision in a month or so.

Saw LUD on AP

I noticed an LUD on my AP with today's date 01/16/07. The status message did not get updated. I hope to see AP approval in a few days.

It makes sense. As long as the H1-B is not revoked by the employer, you can fall back on that status if you continue to work for the same employer.

zgubi said:
According to my lawyer, this is possible. I asked her after our discussion here and this is what she said:

"You are legally permitted to travel pursuant to the ADvance Parole while
maintaining the H-1B status. Maintaining the H-1B status will allow you to
remain in the U.S. if something goes off track with the Adjustmetn of
Status Application."

Please add my info to the tracker:

User name: RF_engineer_NY
Priority Date: April 30, 2004
Retrogressed (Y/N): N
EB-1 / EB-2 / EB-3: EB-2
I-140 Receipt Date: January 8, 2007
I-140 Approval Date:
I-485 Receipt Date: January 8, 2007
LIN number (LIN-YYDDD-XXXXX): LIN-07-070-XXXXX
Finger Print Notice Date:
Finger Print Appointment Date:
I-485 Approval Date:

Need Help Everyone !!!!

I just got a mail from NSC saying the following:

On January 16, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our SAN JOSE, CA location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our SAN JOSE, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I don't understand it. My case is very straight forward. I have not changed employers. Have stayed at the same address. Then why was the case transferred to a local office ? Will there be an interview ? Is this good or bad for me ? Does this mean more delays ? Does anyone have personal experience ? Any feedback is highly appreciated.

If there is going to be an interview, this status message would have stated that. So probably it is transferred for further processing to local district office for some reason other than interview. I think its not unusual for some I-485s to be processed by district offices.

I think now you need to follow the processing times of San Jose. As of Dec 18th, they were processing I-485 with RD of June 16, 06. So yours is close to that date. I hope you get approval soon.

maverick534 said:
Need Help Everyone !!!!

I just got a mail from NSC saying the following:

On January 16, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our SAN JOSE, CA location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our SAN JOSE, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I don't understand it. My case is very straight forward. I have not changed employers. Have stayed at the same address. Then why was the case transferred to a local office ? Will there be an interview ? Is this good or bad for me ? Does this mean more delays ? Does anyone have personal experience ? Any feedback is highly appreciated.

I delete the previous msg per your request, however, your mis-leading information cause this issue. Please next time put clear information about your case. Again, if your "current" case start only few months ago, you are lucky! And I don't have any problem with that! I wish you even better luck to be out of this forum - and me too!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mdgc. My attorney said that this might mean there is an interview and the reasons for such a transfer can be very diverse. So I don't have any clue why this is happening in my case. I hope this ends up being good. I will keep everyone updated.

mdgc2001 said:
If there is going to be an interview, this status message would have stated that. So probably it is transferred for further processing to local district office for some reason other than interview. I think its not unusual for some I-485s to be processed by district offices.

I think now you need to follow the processing times of San Jose. As of Dec 18th, they were processing I-485 with RD of June 16, 06. So yours is close to that date. I hope you get approval soon.

JustWatching,
Can you add my details to the tracker

PD is Sept 2000

140/485 RD -----10-april-2006
140 approved----21-Aug-2006(but gave a different PD of 2004)
140 amended with right PD on Dec 13 2006
Waiting for 485 approval

Thanks,
GMR

JustWatching said:
I-485 NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER TRACKER

jack_xie - added
kiku1975 - added
Indianavictim - updated (APPROVED!)
curryus - added (APPROVED!)
dstu - added

Approved?

Just received this mail from USCIS for both me and my spouse. No LUDs before approval, It was a short but anxious journey. Good luck to everyone.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 16, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!

Looks like NSC is awakeing after holidays ... good signs
eb1_nsc said:
Just received this mail from USCIS for both me and my spouse. No LUDs before approval, It was a short but anxious journey. Good luck to everyone.

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On January 16, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.