**** Confirmed November Interviews- Chennai *******

Hi Nov Cpers,

goodluck to you all. share your experiences, at least the salient and unexpected ones.
I am leaving on 12th and will interview on 20th.
What is the Latest $ -> Re. consulate exchange rate.

Hi Friends!

1. Can anyone help me to understand the procedure & the time-frame after I-140 approval? I got my I-140 approved on Oct 20 and going for CP. My 140 approval has been forwarded to NVC and whatz next? Do they send Pack3 or any kind of notification etc? How long does it take for me to have an interview with US consulate in Chennai.

2. Can anyone let me know where can I find post CP experiences for the month of October 2002?

Thanks,

I-134 form help..

Has anyone filled out the I-134 form yet? I had a few questions.

I was not sure about the following-

No. 3:
You have to fill out the name of any dependants who you are vouching to provide financial support for- in my case, its my wife.
Then it asks to list the spouse and children accompanying this person (this dependant)
--> Do I have to fill my name in there or not, since I am the person executing the form in the first place.

No 7:
Asks to list any personal property and reasonable value for it.
-->Would my car qualify under this?? I don't have anything to show that the lein is paid off, though it is.

No 9:
Asks whether you have submitted affidavit of support for any people earlier, and the dates.
--> I had provided a letter for my parents when they visited me as well as for my wife to get her visa.
--> Does this need to be listed here?- I don't have exact dates for these!!

No 10:
Asks to list people who you have submitted visa petitions to INS for and the date.
--> I'll put my wife's name here. However, what date do I put?
The date of submission of CP application or I-140 application??

Any help will be appreciated.

Check out www.ins.gov for the form. Couldn't attach it here, as this board doesn't accept .pdf attachments.

Thanks,
Amit

Re: I-134 form help..

Hi Amit,

Here are some answers to your questions,

No. 3, yes you have to mention your name....

No.7, you can put in the fair market value of the car... (make sure you take printouts of any supporting docs.)

No.9, as per my lawyer, there is no harm if we mention previous addidavits for visitor visa's. my parents visited twice, and I am planning on mentioning that. Even though this is for immigration, there is no harm in mentioning....

No.10, no, for you this should be none..... since, you are not petioning for your wife, since yours is an employment based case, your employers is petioning for both you and your wife....
Also, since you are not a PR/Citizen of US, you could not have filed for petition for any others for immigration.....

Hope this helps,

-Ravi
Originally posted by amitag
Has anyone filled out the I-134 form yet? I had a few questions.

I was not sure about the following-

No. 3:
You have to fill out the name of any dependants who you are vouching to provide financial support for- in my case, its my wife.
Then it asks to list the spouse and children accompanying this person (this dependant)
--> Do I have to fill my name in there or not, since I am the person executing the form in the first place.

No 7:
Asks to list any personal property and reasonable value for it.
-->Would my car qualify under this?? I don't have anything to show that the lein is paid off, though it is.

No 9:
Asks whether you have submitted affidavit of support for any people earlier, and the dates.
--> I had provided a letter for my parents when they visited me as well as for my wife to get her visa.
--> Does this need to be listed here?- I don't have exact dates for these!!

No 10:
Asks to list people who you have submitted visa petitions to INS for and the date.
--> I'll put my wife's name here. However, what date do I put?
The date of submission of CP application or I-140 application??

Any help will be appreciated.

Check out www.ins.gov for the form. Couldn't attach it here, as this board doesn't accept .pdf attachments.

Thanks,
Amit

where to get I-134 signed?

:confused:

1) where to get I-134 signed?
2) and when it's needed? Is it at the time of interview or at the time of sending packet-3?
3) Can I list funds in savings account at my home country as well?

Thanks

Re: where to get I-134 signed?

You need I 134 along with your pak-4.It is part of your packet-4.It has to be notarised.You can get it done in bank or "AAA" or from other notary.I really cannot answer your last question..sorry abt that..hope this info helps..
thanks,
Veerender

Originally posted by scewedbyTexas
:confused:

1) where to get I-134 signed?
2) and when it's needed? Is it at the time of interview or at the time of sending packet-3?
3) Can I list funds in savings account at my home country as well?

Thanks

update...

Got sailing permit for myself & my wife. (unnecessary but still).

Went to the Farmers branch office @ dallas. http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/article/0,,id=98337,00.html

Carry
a) Passport (each person)
b) IRS transcripts
c) air-tickets (optional, they requested me to show the air-tickets , but i told them i didn't bring it with me)

You need to fill a simple-form
a) name, dob, etc etc..
b) INfo on the last-IRS tax return
c) flight-name, departure-date (important)

Had a last-minute correction in the employment-letter, got it corrected.

Good Luck guys.

Travel-agent info -- www.discovertravel.com dallas-based. Nice folks.

All Docs complete... leaving on 13th

Hi,

I have completed collecting all documents..... (I hope)...
I am leaving on the 13th, and my interview is on Nov 19th.
This is probably going to be my last posting... will update after interview...

All the best to everyone....

-Ravi

I-134 questions

Couple of additional questions on I-134 :

The form asks (in item 7)-

You have life insurance in the sum of :

With a cash surrender value of :

Does anyone know what "cash surrender value" means ??

Also, the amount to be listed in life insurance is from my company's benefits or from some other place as well ?
Any suggestions ??

Thanks,
Amit