Confirmed Mumbai Interviews from Apr 15-30

Medicals

I have my interview scheduled for April 24.

Which one from amongst Hinduja, Lilavati, and Breach Candy would be better choice since Hinduja claims that all the medical procedures would take only 1 day whereas Lilavati and BC would take 2-3 days.

Thanks,
ABDC

I dont think that is true. I believe all offer 1 day now

Confirm from Mumbai website, under immigraqnt visa section - FAQ , address, timing, procedure for all hospitals is there

pancpgc - I bleive Kemps corner is cheap but ...

I do not know about quality.
I have booked Kohinoor , for my medicals in Mumbai, it is costing 3700 for two people, + some charge if you want extra bed , for extra people. It seems to be good, but will find out when I get there. It is closeby to Hinduja.

transit visa costs 10 euros at any of the French consulates

Which is equal to 8 dollars and change here in the US

pancpgc

Hotel Kemps Corner should be good, and would also be very convenient (just a short ride from the US Consulate as well as Breach Candy Hospital).

desi007 can you be more specific. ..

The link you gave is not working, can you give the topic name unde which you saw this.

Mumbai website says \'Centurion bank ...\' very clearly . I am in the process of getting a DD done .

Can somebody answer these. I am leaving next week, want to have answer on these???

1. I have INS style photos taken in US. Do I still have to go for a set of photos at myownstudio in Mumbai ?
2. I have 2 bank statements printed out of web - don\'t have original copy on bank\'s letter head, is it ok?.
3. Do I have to notarize bank statements as above?
4. Can I take INS Tax Transcripts instead of w2s for each of last 3 years for tax purposes?

damn, the links does not work

see the discussion "Mumbai CP sucessful on 21st March" posted by pintoo.

Thanks

PCC in 5 business days in HOUSTON

Gave my passport for renewal and also applied for PCC on 03/22 at the CG Houston.
They said my passport would be ready by 04/02 but it will take 30 days to get the PCC.
I went to the CG Houston on 04/02, guess what? they gave me my new passport and PCC with the new passport number on it. That is perfectly legal because, if an indian embassy issues a passport they don\'t have to contact the RPO to issue a PCC.

So, if you have a passport that is going to expire in a year or so, just renew it first and then apply for the PCC so you can get PCC within a week.

desi007 - thanks I saw the link

What the hell is going on with the consulate guys, If they are rejecting draft made out to \'centurian bank\' that menas you can not rely on the website at all.

By the way to whom is the draft made out. Do you know

I do not know

I want to find out, I have not receievd the P4 yet, just want to
know about it from a person who has recieved the P4.

AJ702 please reply

To whom the bank drafts should be payble to. You are the only guy
in this group who has recieved P4.

demand draft

My P4 states- verbatim-
The demand drafts must be issued by a bank with a Mumbai branch payable to the "American Consulate general, Mumbai"

My lawyer says-
Full name, case No. and passport no. must be included on reverse of demand draft. The application fee is 260$ and issuance fee is 65$.

How come NO ONE received Packet-4 .

What is goin on .
This is really frustrating , out of all the things we have to worry about getting P-4.

I guess the last resort is to go to that infamous drop box window , and get it from there.

Re: How come NO ONE received Packet-4

frusturation is an understatement :(

is picking up the appointment letter so tortorous as desi007 described ? if he has gone through it two times he sure should be knowing what he is talking about. i was thinking of asking my sis to go pick it up but am now having second thoughts about it. but i guess there is no way out somebody needs to go collect it.

i have a couple of questions about the pick up procedure. please advise.

1. about the authrorization letter - can a faxed letter do. i dont think i have the time to mail an original copy now.

2. has anytbody got an update about to whom the bank drafts should be addressed to. has anybody called the consulate and confirmed.

Regards

daffy - Picking up the letter is OK if you are form Mumbai

I am not from Mumbai , someone will have to travel to Mumbai & pick it up for me.

I will worry about the DD after I get the appointment letter. They specify all those details in the packet-4.

This is crap, it sucks out all the benifits of doing CP.