Confirmed Mumbai Interviews from Apr 15-30

pancpgc

Keep me updated. My wife has interview at 9:30.
She has medicals @ Breach candy on 19th.

I am not sure if I can go inside, but looking foreward to meet you.

Has anyone received Packet-4 yet ?

We should be getting it by now. If we do not get it before leaving for India , we will have to send someone to the Consulat to pick it it . This is a pain.

What are you guys planning of doing.

Re: Has anyone received Packet-4 yet ?

i havent received mine yet. interview on the 29th of April.

i gave my india address as the current address and we havent received it there either.

how easy is it to pick up the appointment letter from the consulate ? any idea ? how long does it take etc ?

Regards.

it\'s easy, I asked my friend to pick up

He had sent his peon to do that. They got the packet yesterday.
I have to yet check the contents though!!

any good airfares??

Am getting JFK-BOM for $1020. Has anyone heard of other good airfares?

Any one recieved P4 in Indian Address??

My interview was on December 1st 2001, I did not recieve my P4.
So had to collect a duplicate copy from counter.
My Wife\'s interview is on 23rd April and looks like the same thing is going to happen.

Anybody called consulate regarding this?

Thanks

I have not heard anyone here getting P-4

I do not understand , why the consulate is so pathetic in this matter. PAcket-4 reaching us before the interview , is very difficult, and we have to send someone to Mumbai to pick it up.

Why not just charge us the cost of sending it by fedex or something & get it done.

EkGCChaiye

I know you got your interview preponed. Did you email the consulate? which email address? and how soon did they get back to you with a response? Is it worth calling them or no? Please advice. I am looking for early May interview.My P3 was entered into system on march 25.
Thanks

My approach to pre-poning

True Facts-
1. Delta between my proposed trip due to medical conditions (2nd wk of april) in family and prospective interview date (3-4th week of May) was one month\'s time.
2. My P3 was created on 6th feb.

Background-
I made an extensive research of cases of pre-poning interview- found none successfull till date. Thanks for pancpgc for helping me out in my research.

My attempt-
1. I called consulate on 17th March night US time, and asked them prospective date. I was told end of May. I asked chances for pre-ponement and I was told, intra-month- possible but inter-months not possible.
2. I wrote them a nice email on 18th morning US time, stating the benefit Consulate would get out of pre-ponement of my interview date. (I did not say I will get benefitted)- thanks to Win friends and influence people by Carnegie
3. I got an email on 20th March, that I have been issued interview date.

Hope this helps.

thanks a lot EkGCChahiye

That was very helpful. However I don\'t understand what benefit the consulate would have from preponing the interview. Could you please explain.
Unfortunately I just emailed the consulate requesting an earlier date and reason was that I am going to be in India around first week on May for brother\'s wedding. Do you think they will grant date. Now what should I do?