Confirmed Mumbai Interviews from Apr 15-30

Hi Bluegrass I824 Process

Bluegrass,

Where did u get the full document list to send for I824 ? and where to send it? Also, when u filed I140 u mentioned for AOS, but there is one more section below it stating for which consulate if u choose CP.
Did u change this section for sending for AC140 Process?
Please provide me this information at the earliest as it will help my battle with my lawyer. email: vinsa@hotmail.com
Appreciate it.
Thanks.

Re: any good airfares??

1125 IAD-BOM by lufthansa

there are sub 1K rates available too for gulf air/delta. if anybody needs additional info, i could give the travel agent details.

Regards

Re: Any one recieved P4 in Indian Address??

nope, i gave my indian address to as the current address and no luck so far. i thought giving the indian address would help me. the email said that the packet was posted on the 5th of March. My interview is on the 29th of April.

how quickly do they give out the duplicate letter. do you have to wait long at the counter ? would appreciate if u could give out some details about the duplicate letter procurement procedure. looks like we might all have to go and do it.

Regards.

blue grass please help

I am following your recent postings about I-824 receipt. You were worried that your 824 receipt got lost and suddenly you learned that it was approved. Did you get your 824 approval notice. Did you send your documents with your approval notice instead of 824 receipt. That is accepted by Mumbai? I am wondering if we ever get lost the 824 receipt in mail, then what options do we have? Please help us. I am about to file 824 and worrying about this night mare. Hope that your experience would help us.

Thanks.

gotchas for information counter.

The counter should open between 8:00 to 11:00 as per instruction written out side but usually opens at 8:30 ( I have experience
twice) the queue is very long, and if you reach the counter after
6:30, most likely it will close before you get your turn.

The best time is stand between 5:45 - 6:00 ( The guards won\'t let you
stand in the queue before that) which will almost gurantee you are within first 20 in the head of queue, and you finish your work before 9:00.

You do not need to go there, just tell a relative and friend to go there and pick it up ( you need to give a authorization letter with your case number and signature).

EkGCChahiye

Nope, cannot take any more time off from work. Anyway, the rule goes that even if one does not have the medical results by the scheduled date of interview, he can let the consulate know in person of that. After that, he can go to the consulate on any working day to get his visa.

Am hoping that my medical exam finishes in a day, like it happens in a majority of cases.

EkGCChahiye, Can you check your private messages please?

I sent you a private message. Can you check it please?

DD from which Bank

Can we get DD from State Bank of India. Is there there some criteria ?

P3 list

Guys,
To my knowledge we need following documents, forms, please correct if I am wrong:
1) DS 230 part I
2) OF 169
3) I-134
4) $260
for each applicant.

Please correct me if I am missing something. I am expecting my P3 any day.

Thanks
WatchTSC

i think we have to get the PKt-4 from the information counter

I think that counter does not have long queues. Moreover the procedures have changed now ( not sure) since non-immigrant visas are granted on appointment only. Please confirm guys...
Not yet received pkt-4.

Any nationalised bank will do

Yes, SBI or any nationalised bank, foreign bank or private sector bank will do.

Do not use one from a co-operative bank.

My approach to Pre-poning- Pls be cautioned

After my last posting on my approach to pre-poning, I have seen a few folks sending me private messages etc. However I would like to caution whoever have asked me such info.

Pls exercise caution in respect to asking for pre-ponement from consulate. If Consulate helps folks-in-need, then we also should only approach them when-in-need.

When I spoke (over email) to pancpgc, I realized what a pressing need mean- I am hoping none of us should have such needs. (sorry pancpgc, but I felt bad when I got pre-ponement and you did not!!)

If such a need arise, we folks, on this site, will help at best. This is why we are here, but if such need is not, Pls exercise caution in approaching consulate with such requests.

Pls use individual judgement in this regard.

did your friend have to wait in the queue for pkt-4

can u give details abt the pkt-4 pickup process at the consulate

Attn everyone flying through France

There is a new rule by the French govt that if you are an Indian passport holder and have a stopover in France, you\'d need a French transit visa.

It is fairly easy (and inexpensive) to get a transit visa. But the hassle is that it is not issued at the Paris airport, but has to be taken prior to the journey at French Consulates.

So people travelling by Delta, AF (and other airlines passing through France), take notice.