Confirmed JUNE CP @ CHENNAI!!!

Re: Re: Vanee,

Raj,

I am also leaving on 10th June to Chennai and planning to take medicals on 12th.
I am planning to take the employment letter in 1st week of June.

It is o.k to take the letter in the last week of may. I have seen my friends who left to India 11/2 month before the interview.

Anyway, I hope you will be carrying the latest paystubs(As of 10th June).So, It should be fine.

Good luck.

Sam.

Rajeev & Sam,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Sam:

Even I am planning to have my medicals on 12th, june and have appointment wth Dr.V on 13th, june. Hoping to meet you there

:)

Do we have to produce any kind of forms at the time of medicals? If, yes please attach the link where we can download those forms. Please reply!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Docs for Medicals & Doctors

Raj:

Here is the info I got from other threads. (From Raju's Postings in May threads).

For Doctors visit, please carry:

1) Your Passport
2) The Interview letter that comes in Packet 4 ( the yellow sheet)
3) The lab report
4) A passport style photograph. ( you would have pasted another
photo on the lab report)
5) Your vaccination records ( if any ). Earlier medical records
of hospitalization , if any, reading glasses or contacts
if worn.

Fee: Rs.600 per adult , Rs. 350/- for child and amount for any
extra shots.( Carry roughly Rs.4000/- in cash with you. )

Lister Labs:

Phone: 28278971 [ Note the additional number '2' at the beginning. You need to prefix '2' for all the numbers now]
Channai STD code: 44.

* Tests are for only adults. If the child is younger than 15 they
do not do tests.
* You can walk in any day before 9.00AM and expect the results
the same day at 4.30 PM.
* No appointment necessary.
* Carry : Original Passport, a PP size photograph, Consulate issued appointment letter, the medical form.

* Charges Rs.600/- per person.

Hope this helps for you.

Hi Everybody:
We have lot of information(Thanks to seniors) in Likely May/Confirmed May/May Interview experiences/ threads. Lot of doubts will be cleared if we go thru these threads once.

Raj:
How did you took the appointment from Dr.V. Yesterday I tried the number and nobody lifting!! Do you have any e-mail id to take the appointment from Dr. Vijayalakshmi.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sam.

I bought my tickets for June 11th. Planning to do medicals on 16th and 17th and then be back in Chennai on 25th again for the interview on 26th.

Btw, I collected the "sailing permit" from local IRS office today. I understand that it is not mandatory...but you never know... just in case....:)

Re: Docs for Medicals & Doctors

Originally posted by kumar_sam
Raj:

Here is the info I got from other threads. (From Raju's Postings in May threads).

For Doctors visit, please carry:

1) Your Passport
2) The Interview letter that comes in Packet 4 ( the yellow sheet)
3) The lab report
4) A passport style photograph. ( you would have pasted another
photo on the lab report)
5) Your vaccination records ( if any ). Earlier medical records
of hospitalization , if any, reading glasses or contacts
if worn.

Fee: Rs.600 per adult , Rs. 350/- for child and amount for any
extra shots.( Carry roughly Rs.4000/- in cash with you. )

Lister Labs:

Phone: 28278971 [ Note the additional number '2' at the beginning. You need to prefix '2' for all the numbers now]
Channai STD code: 44.

* Tests are for only adults. If the child is younger than 15 they
do not do tests.
* You can walk in any day before 9.00AM and expect the results
the same day at 4.30 PM.
* No appointment necessary.
* Carry : Original Passport, a PP size photograph, Consulate issued appointment letter, the medical form.

* Charges Rs.600/- per person.

Hope this helps for you.

Hi Everybody:
We have lot of information(Thanks to seniors) in Likely May/Confirmed May/May Interview experiences/ threads. Lot of doubts will be cleared if we go thru these threads once.

Raj:
How did you took the appointment from Dr.V. Yesterday I tried the number and nobody lifting!! Do you have any e-mail id to take the appointment from Dr. Vijayalakshmi.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Sam.

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your valuable information. By the way my brother-in-law stays in Chennai and he is taking care of all the things.

Thanks,

Packet 4 details

Friends:
Somebody asked about the list of documents in P4. Here is the list:

Page 1: Covering letter with our name,address and Case number.
Page 2&3: Appointment letter for Immigrant Visa Appln.
Explains about DS230 Part II, Immigration style photos and list of documents to bring for the interview

Page4: Instructions to arrange the Documents to be submitted, Visa fee details and courier fee details.

Page 5: Instructions to show evidence of relationship:i.e nothing but Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate etc.,
Page 6:Instructions to get the "Police Clearance certificate".
Page 7: Details about Common mistakes made on Immigrant visa application.. DS 230, I-864 and other documentation
Page 8: LIster laboratory & physician's addresses and fee details etc.,
Page 9: FOrm needed while going to Lister lab. Need to carry when we are going for lab test.

Finally DS 230 form(s).

Hope it helps for those who did not recieved their packet 4 yet.

Regds,
Sam.

Originally posted by vanee
Hi Sam,

Thanks for your valuable information. By the way my brother-in-law stays in Chennai and he is taking care of all the things.

Thanks,

Hi Raj,
Today I am able to call Dr.V's office. Took the appointment for Physicals ...June 12th Evening.

By the way I am travelling via lufthansa on june 10th..from Detroit ->Frankfurt->Chennai.
How about you??

Re: Packet 4 details

Hi Raj,
Today I am able to call Dr.V's office. Took the appointment for Physicals ...June 12th Evening.

By the way I am travelling via lufthansa on june 10th..from Detroit ->Frankfurt->Chennai.
How about you?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Hi Sam,

I am travelling by EMIRATES AIRLINES on 10th, June from Atlanta-London-Dubai-Chennai

air tickets

Hi all,

I m getting rates around 1500 thru pacific and 1600 thru atlantic + taxes..

travel dates from june 20 to july 13

Is it normal?

How much is your tickets..

As Raju said, there are tons of hotels in chennai near and around consulate.it should be easy to get the rooms.

Residency @ t.nagar is good one. 2500 rs for 2 bed..
it's max 30 minutes in auto/call taxi.
call taxi is cheaper/convenient/plenty and mostly don't need to bargain.
it's like the taxi system in us, with meter's and stuff.
you can get the call taxi info in the hotels itself.

Saravana bhavan,Apoorva sangeetha are good chain vegetarian restaurants.

Spencers plaza is the nearest shopping complex.mount road itself.
Internet cafe's are also in many places. In spencers also.

Those new to chennai.There are 3 seasons.
Hot, Hotter and Hottest(may)
June should be ok.

though not a chennai vasi...stayed there for a while.

thanks

P4 received on 5/20..

at my parents' home in Bangalore. We are traveling on Air India from Chicago to Chennai on June 20th. The tickets are expensive; $1775 pp roundtrip including taxes. I guess that's because of peak season. ;)

Re: going chennai from Hyd

Originally posted by ramsi_2000
Hi Priya, Dalladude, Gangadhar,

My appointment date is same as yours - 25th June 8:00am. I am starting in US on May 23rd and planning to go to chennai on 22nd night.

would appreciate if you could post your plan...also your emails...just to be in touch.

Thanks,

ramsi

RAMSI,
I am not leaving until jun 17th but I will be there in chennai by 22nd..See u there...hopefully..
dallasdude

Ramsi_2000,

Have a safe trip and see you at consulate... My palns are yet to be decided. Still waiting for Houston Embassy reponse on possible dates to reutn my passport with PCC ..

All : I have received copy of my P4 . If anyone wants to get a copy, I can try to fax it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Priya

Hi friends,

Confussion over Ds230 part 1 and part 2.

I am trying to download both DS230 forms. But, the form which is there in chennai website is different from one I submitted to NVC.

The form in chennai website has only 21 columns in part-1 and part-2 starts with colum 22. Where as the form submitted to NVC has 25 columns in part-1 and starts with column 26 in part-2. I doubt about the form in chennai website has the updated version.

Friends, can anyone tell me from where I can download the correct version of the forms. Please reply!!!!!!!

Thanks,

DS 230

Originally posted by vanee
Hi friends,

Confussion over Ds230 part 1 and part 2.

I am trying to download both DS230 forms. But, the form which is there in chennai website is different from one I submitted to NVC.

The form in chennai website has only 21 columns in part-1 and part-2 starts with colum 22. Where as the form submitted to NVC has 25 columns in part-1 and starts with column 26 in part-2. I doubt about the form in chennai website has the updated version.

Friends, can anyone tell me from where I can download the correct version of the forms. Please reply!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Raj:
You are right. The one in Chennai website is old version. The copy we receive in Packet 4 will be different. You can search in Google to get the latest forms. One of such website is :

http://www.visapro.com/US-Immigration-Forms/DS-230-Form.asp

I sent a copy of this one(using above link) to my parents and they told that it is same as the one they received in Packet 4.

Kpriaya:
Can you please cross check again with your Packet4 document.

Regds,
Sam.

Sam,

Thanks a lot for sending the link. This site has the latest version of the forms. This is going to help me a lot.

Thanks,

Waiting for P4 in US

Hi folks,
I am still waiting for my P4 in US. I hope that I get it before I leave US on 06/12. Those who have received the P4 in India can you please ask your family to check when did the consulate mail out those packets?

I asked the consulate and they said that I can use the P4 available from there web site. But from some earlier posts it is clear that the material on the site is old. Does anyone have any experience in what to do if we do not get the P4? :(

Thanks for your help in advance!

Re: Waiting for P4 in US

Originally posted by aronline
Hi folks,
I am still waiting for my P4 in US. I hope that I get it before I leave US on 06/12. Those who have received the P4 in India can you please ask your family to check when did the consulate mail out those packets?

I asked the consulate and they said that I can use the P4 available from there web site. But from some earlier posts it is clear that the material on the site is old. Does anyone have any experience in what to do if we do not get the P4? :(

Thanks for your help in advance!

Aronline,
I believe that Packet4 was posted around 15th May. My parents recieved it on 17th May.

It was very common problem especially for those who did not provide the local India address. But don't worry. It is just an information document except DS230 form and medical form.

Request "KPriyal's" to fax the whole Packet4 which has medical form also. You can download DS230 from the other websites(not chennai webste). That should be good enough.

I am having last month's copy(I took it from one of my friend who is attending for the interview in May). I can fax it for you if you want. But it does not have DS 230 form which you can download from web.

One more thing you can do is ..request U.S consulate if they can send a copy(atleast the itnerview lettter) to your local address in India. In worst case (as proof of interview letter) you can take the printout of June interview list from Chennai website. My friend also did the same since he did not recieve the packet 4. His interview is tomorrow. So don't worry. and Good luck.

Regds,
Sam.

p4

I think you can download medical form also from the web.

But you need the Interview letter, which was sent along with the packet4.

Originally posted by kpriya123
Ramsi_2000,

Have a safe trip and see you at consulate... My palns are yet to be decided. Still waiting for Houston Embassy reponse on possible dates to reutn my passport with PCC ..

All : I have received copy of my P4 . If anyone wants to get a copy, I can try to fax it tomorrow.

Thanks,
Priya

Hi kpriya,
I am in the same boat as you abt PCC. I called the HOU embassy and they said they will give it to me after 30 days...even if they do not get anything from my PP office in india...
just an update...
good luck
dallasdude

Wainting for P4 in US

Thanks folks. :)

I have asked my friend who has got his P4 for June CP to mail a photocopy of it to my India address. I will do as you suggested in case I do not get P4 before I leave US.
Since there is still 3+ weeks before I leave US on 06/12 I am hoping that I will get it (Assuming Indian Postal Service is efficient :rolleyes: )

Deposite verification form.

Hi Aronline,
Some time back you were mentioning about "Deposite verification form" from bank.
Can you please tell me what is it. I know that it is just another supporting document which is not a must needed document. Just want to know more abou this. and how it will be used??

Thanks,
Sam.