Confirmed JUNE CP @ CHENNAI!!!

Question about docs

Friends,

How important is I-864 and I-134 forms (for me and my wife) with the other set of docs for CP? Mine is EB2 (employment based category)

ramsi_2000

Re: Question about docs

Originally posted by ramsi_2000
Friends,

How important is I-864 and I-134 forms (for me and my wife) with the other set of docs for CP? Mine is EB2 (employment based category)

ramsi_2000

Hi Ramsi,
For us(primary applicants), we don't need either I 864/ I 134. Employment letter is good enough. But for secondary applicants( wife, children) we have to provide I - 134.
But I remember correctly somebody (CPDelhi ??) didn't carry the I-134 also. But he did not face any problems.

As of my knowledge, I 134 is an important document which we should not neglect. It is better to carry this document. In addition, it is very simple to get this document.

Hope this helps,

Regds,
Sam.

Interview dates

Friends,

Usually Chennai website should publish the interview dates at the maximum by 15th of every month. right?? In the past, did the delayed anytime beyond 15th?? Just curious to know ...

Here is the updated list with interview dates.. (two more guys has to know their dates...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
User ID Date ( Interview date)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cpwaltair2: June 20th
sv4G : June 20th

INSvermont : June 24th
Rajeev Kumar : June 24th

dallasdude: June 25th
hellogc : June 25th
vanee : June 25th
ramsi_2000 : June 25th
VinnakotaGangadhar: June 25th

ansubram : June 26th
Aronline: June 26th
kumar_sam : June 26th
nadan : June 26th

getMyGcCP: ?? (case sent: March Last week)
Noproblem : ?? (case sent:Apr 2nd)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regds,
Sam.

june 23 - 27 int guys

How early, are you planning to fly?
I m planning to have more vacation days after Interview(if its safe)
Is it advisable to reach India just 4 working days before interview? 2 days max for the medicals....

Raju595 , cpdelhi and rajeevkumar should consider learning Immi.law and help future GC guys..
Seriously, you guys are giving good guidance..

Thank you..

helloGC. We have been around a while! But we are not trained lawyers- so, take our advice for what it is- advice. Always confirm or consult with an attorney. Now, coming to the time before CP, we are reaching Chennai 2 days before CP, with just one day for medicals! I hope everything will be OK. Good luck!;)

MC

Guys,
I applied as single for my IV petition. But now I am married in a court in USA.. Chennai said it's OK if I am married by interview time...
But will it be OK if I just show them my MC? Or should I show them photographs as proof? Or is it only when u get married in india that u need to show phottgraphs..
the reason being i did not take any photos as I registered my marriage in a court...any advice
???
Dallasdude

Photographs not requried

I also got married in a court in USA and all I took is a marriage certificate for the interview. I didn't take any photographs in the court and hence I didn't take any with me for the interview.

Marriage photographs are more important on the individuals getting immigration on family based route and which are sponsored by their spouse. If your application is employment based immigration and you are sponsored by your employer, you will not need marriage photographs. Marriage certificate is still necessary.

Thanks & Good Luck.

doctor's appoinment

Hi guys,
Has anybody started taking doctor's appoinment?? Do we need to wait until chennai updates the website ? I hope we can fix the appointment with our name and case number. Right??

Thanks,
Sam.

packet 4

June CPers...

Did anybody received Packet 4/interview letter?? Any idea if they starts sending packet 4 only after updating the interview dates in website??

Just now I am browsing "Confirmed May thread" and observed that one guy recieved the packet4 on 11th of April itself, the day chennai updated the website with May list.

Please don't forget to share any updates from your side as soon as you have something. It helps a lot for others to follow up.

Thanks,
Sam.

Kumar_sam,

I have my US address for the Packet 4. The information I got from
Chennai is that, they already mailed me the appointment letter though I have yet to receive it.

cpwaltair2

Hellogc, I am reaching Chennai...

On June 22nd. Medicals on 23rd , interview on 24th and fly back to B'lore on 24th evening!;)

affidavit of support

Guys,
What is this affidavit of support. Is it the I-134 form? Or should I get one from my employer. I mean other than the employment letter.
Also if my wife is working, do I still need to complete the I-134 letter of support?

Guys having interview on 25th June. When are you guys planning to take medicals and where are you staying at in chennai. Anyone from andhra

Thanks
Dallasdude:D

PCC QUESTIONS

Guys,
Anyone applied for PCC at the houston embassy with passports issued from HYD? How long did it take for you guys? I applied on May 10th..
what if you do not get it in 30 days? would they still issue u PCC if you tell them you have interview in a couple of weeks?
Pls let me know.. I am really tensed..
pardon me for not apping for the PCC till May 10th as I am not aware of it until i visited this encyclopeadic forum...:-(
I mean I was of the impression that I shud get it from INDIA..
Anyways,
Dallasdude

Hi,

Congrats to all who received June interview. My packet 3 has been forwarded to Chennai consulate on April 17th and I received P4 at India address conforming June 25th interview.

I was expecting July interview and been posting reply to Likely july forum.

I am in the same boat as dallasdude. Embassy has received my passport for PCC on April 3oth. As per embassy contact it might take 7 calendar weeks. I thought, it is good enough time for July. Please advice me about PCC.

Thanks,
Priya

Packet 4 mailed to US

My P4 was also emailed to US address on May15th as per the consulate. I asked them if in case I have to leave US for India before I get the P4, they told me that I can USE THE P4 available for download from the consulate web site.

Please correct me if I am wrong the P4 has nothing specific but contains the list of the doctors/lab for tests and form Of230Part2
If someone has P4 or information thereof please confirm
:eek:

PCC

As far as I know about PCC you can get it from your local Police station from India also. It is advisable to take it from here because it saves the time and hassle when you are in India. But if you have friends/family or know some one in the Police station it should not be tough.
This is what my other friends have told me. Others please correct me if this is not so.