CONFIRMED June 2002 interviews for MUMBAI

thanks im999 for the srifix listing....i was out for the weekend..

i am planning to call NVC again on tuesday..
Shanks

My Interview date got confirmed on Jun 26 at Mumbai.

Hi Guys,

I tried yesterday to call them for 45 minutes. No luck. I suggest you, just email them, they are saying on recorded message that, if you have specific Question about your Immigration visa, please email. So, better to do email. You may see my further detail at www.cptracker.com under "vsshah"

My interview is scheduled on Jun 26, 2002.
Mine was reviewd by NVC on April 2, and mailed to Mumbai on April 9.

Here is the email exchange.
--

To: "vsshah
Subject: RE: Case BMB20025*****, Interview Scheduled in June??
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 01:48:52 -0400

You and your spouse have been scheduled for an interview on June 26,
2002 at
**:** a.m. A packet 4 (appointment letter with enclosures) was mailed
to your attorney on May 3, 2002.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 8:02 PM
To: MUMBAI, I V
Subject: Case BMB20025*****, Interview Scheduled in June??

Sir/Madam,

Case: BMB20025*****

Interview Scheduled in June???????

Thanks,

VSSHAH

I got June 24 th interview date

Man...Mumbai consulate people are very responsive and co-operative. I am gald that I have lived in Mumbai before I come to USA.

Prasad

I too have an interview date

Folks
I too got a prompt reply to my e-mail from the Mumbai consulate and am scheduled on the 26th of June. They sent me info for the PCC too ... It contradicts what most CPer\'s have posted on this website from their personal experiences ... Anyway here goes.

Here is the e-mail body:

"
We
> have scheduled you and
> your spouse for an interview on June 26, 2002 at
> 09:30 a.m. A packet 4
> (appointment letter with enclosures) was mailed to
> your attorney on May 3,
> 2002. You or a friend/relative can also collect a
> duplicate packet 4 from
> our Public Information Window, any work day, between
> 08:30 and 11:00 a.m.
>
> In addition to the police certificates obtained from
> the Indian Consulate in
> the U.s., both you and your spouse will require
> police certificates from
> local (Indian) police station.

"

I will keep u all posted ... do the same ....
MUMBAI ROCKS !
Ramrak.

I\'m from King of prussia ...

.. from the same county you are from ... where do you stay???

Ramrak: Keep in touch. Me too on same day.

Ramrak,

I am also scheduled on June 26. Keep in touch. My email: vs_shah@hotmail.com.

I have not started to collect documents yet, but today I will start it.

VSShah

I also had not informed of the local PCC requirement

Pretty much the top paragraph is identical for every one (may be they just use copy and paste), but I was not asked to get local PCC. I wonder why did they ask you.

Any way, they said P4 mailed with all enclosures to attorney.

Any one has an idead what will be those enclosures?

i have 24th interview date..i see prasadk is on same day//

most of people are getting date in 24th-28th june week.
anyone going from SFO let me know. i m planning on 16th sunday by korean air.

hows everyone going for medical?

Shanks ... I called them today ... they have not yet sent my case to the consulate ....

I made an observation as to NVC sending P3 to the consulate .... it seems they do it in batches ... there was a batch sent on 4/16, then on 4/23 and then on 5/1 ...unfortunately we missed the 5/1 by one day and hence the next batch should be 5/7 or 5/8 ...

lets see ... keep me posted about tomorrow ...

As every one they don\'t do medical tests on saturdays how especially june 24th guys are doing?

I am thinking to do on June 20 to leave one day cushion. Do you guys think there should be more than one day cushion?

Also if any one has an idea what documents are part of packet-4? Some one posted on this web site that IRS-9003 is not part of packet-4, if so do we need to get it locally when we go there.

Clarification about PCC

Folks
           Along with my inquiry for the interview date, I had asked the consulate to verify the number of PCCS needed. As per the FAQ on the Mumbai Consulate page ... PCC clearance is needed from the local police station from all places where we have resided from the age of 16 .... in my case its my local suburb in Bombay .. and US.
     However, based on the experience posted by most CPers .... most CPers have only obtained the PCC clearance from the local consuulate here and have had successful interviews ...... I was just trying to make sure that I had the list of all required documents and not give the consulate any reason to turn us down ..... and since the PCC info was not clear from the discussions here... I decided to confirm things with the consulate. Call me paranoid.
Anyway, looks like that my attorney would be receiving the packet 4 and enclosures.
If anyone who has provided their indian address for packet 4 would clarify and post all the contents with detailed instructions and descriptions for everything I am sure most of us all would appreciate it.

I would leave earlier if I were you

Even though chances are that it should be smooth, there are too many variables w.r.t. the medicals that can screw up the entire thing (starting from availability of the doctors!!) ; why take a chance, especially after having come so far ?

Travel Agents Info

Hey guys
         If any one of you has already managed to book tickets.... then can you please forward your travel agent\'s number and info.... I am finding it very difficult to get tickets confirmed ... the rates are really exorbiant.

why I haven\'t got date

My file reached Mumbai on 26th of March but still now havenot got any interview date.
I see from posting that whoever has got date their file moved to consulate after me but....
Couple of days back when I spoke to the consulate guy he told me to check back in 3rd week.
I sent total 4 emails to them including todays one.
But only got reply from the first two emails saying that my interview will be in June along with my spouse.
Any suggession guys.

Interview confirmed June 26

I sent them e-mail on Sunday, got a reply this morning. Their note says that "packet-4 (appointment letter with enclosures) were mailed to you as well as your attorney on May 4". No mention of local PCC in the message to me (of course I did not ask specifically for it).

Anybody knows good fares from Detroit, leaving mid-June?

Thanks

I didn\'t recieve Intrvu date yet...

I am also in the same boat. My file reached Mumbai on 26th. And I\'ve not received the reply for my email which I sent on sunday.

Interview Confirmed June 21st

Finally, I got a mail this morning saying that my interview is scheduled at 10.30AM on june 21st.

Can someone please answer the following :

1) Is it ok to go two days in advance for medical ?
2) Which hospital is closer consulate ?

thanks