CONFIRMED June 2002 interviews for MUMBAI

Guys, what\'s the deal with local police certificates?!!

all this time we heard very clearly that if you are in the US and applying from here..all you need is the police certificate from conluate general of India in the US. Those guys made us wait for 30-45 days so that they could get "clearance" from India. And now Mumbai is asking for local PCC.

What are you guys planning to do?

When I had sent email two months back

mumbai had given me same reply to have PCC from consulate & local police station.
But people who went to interview they are just taking consulate one. Looks like when we do query, person replying just send the reply.

Though my interview is 3-4 months away just keeping up

Since I started the confusion about the local PCC .....

here is what I am planning to do .....
I will go to my local police station and ask them for one (i am willing to spend 1 business day pursuing this) ..... if they give me one then well and good otherwise I won\'t bother and I will tell the interview officer that the local police station asked me to wait for a month ... and its not feasible for us who are staying in US since I had inquired about this PCC way back and whether the process could be initiated from US itself and the local police authorities had denied the same....
So take it easy guys ... we know from many CPers experience that they just need the PCC from the consulate .... and if they ask us for a local one and we don\'t have it then let it be in the hands of God.
thats my plan anyway ....

I don\'t care about Local Police certificate, I think no one need to

We know no one was asked about that if you have PCC from consulate. I don\'t want to rake it up my self with the officer when I go for interview. If he asks then I would say whatever \'Ramrak\' is planning to say. Only difference is I would just say that even without trying for local PCC. I think it is just a waste of time for every one to get that as there is no procedure exist for that. Any way, world is not going to stop there if they insist on local PCC, then they just issue a letter some thing to get that. You can get it later and go for interview again.

Local police certificate

I think since Indian consulate takes clearance from local police in India, and then only they(consulate) issues us PCC, there is no need to take local police clearance certificate .. any commnets ...

yes I dont think local PCC is required

When I was in India i did ask the local police station..they did not know what a PCC was./.but they did issue me a good character certificate..
I read in few other cases that the inspector of police station just wrote in a piece of paper saying that there is no case registered on his/her name and signed it..so there is no standard format for local PCC...

i am very sure that all we need is a PCC from indian consulate in USA.if we are staying in USA..

Packet 4

So has anyone received their packet-4 .... Guys if any of you gave your Mumbai address have you heard back if your folks back home have receieved the packet-4 .... i am anxious to know what all documents (enclosures) are there and if we can get them all from the web.
Some one posted about the IRS-9003 form being in yellow or being the original ?
Can some one clarify?

Medical appointment

Did anybody in June take medical appointment from here(US)?
Please post your experience.

Thanks.

Medical appointment

Hi GhoshT,

I called the Breach Candy hospital from here. It was not too bad. I had to get up at 4:00 am to call. After trying for 4-5 minutes I got the line.

HJS

I heard that they take 2 days for ...

medical. Is this true? Others, Hinduja and Lilavati takes only 1/2 day and you get reports same day ...

Is it required to mentioned future salary(LC Salary) in Employee verification Letter ??

Hi Folks,

I have CP interview at Mumbai in June.

My company is giving me Employee Verification Letter on Company\'s letter head, saying that \'current salary is $67000\'. But not mentioning that, in future, after approval of greencard, we will pay $72000(mentioned in labor). Is it okay ???

Is it required to mentioned future salary(LC Salary) in Employee verification Letter ??

Thanks,

you have to post this question as another discussion

if you post inside june interview discussion then every one may not see. that would help others also. i think if your current salary is less than what ever mentioned then i think future salary has to be there.

there were lot of postings on this subject previously, search for them. it seems there is no problem upto 5% difference. i am not sure about this.

IRS 9003 we can order this by calling IRS

for persons in United States may not receive the IRS 9003 form, so I called this IRS number 1-800-829-3676 and placed an order for me and my wife. I was told it will take upto 10 business days.

Me too just ordered and I asked ..

the question about the \'yellow color\' paper, she said that she is not sure about that but you can talk to Customer service department and they will definetly have answer for that. The number for CR is 1-800-829-1040

medical appointment experience

I called Lilavati and took medical appointment but when I asked for any appointment number or something like that for my reference operator told me that they do not provide such thing.
He just took me name.
Anybody with similar experience.

where do u specify address for pkt 4

I also want to get pkt 4 at my mumbai address? where do you specify it on DS230 part I?