CONFIRMED June 2002 interviews for MUMBAI

Received Pkt-4 today at my address and also lawyer\'s address

It contains all the documents mentioned earlier by EndOfTheRope. The 9003 form is in yellow color.

It mentions that we need to fill out I-134, but that was not enclosed. Are we supposed to download it from internet?

Again, it says that local police station PCC is required. But my relatives in India have checked with police station and were told that such certificates cannot be issued by police station, per a memo sent in 1999 by govt. Anybody else have similar experience with local PCC?

IRS 9003 No longer required

Neither INS nor IRS is collecting IRS Form 9003 ("Additional Questions to be Completed by All Applicants for Permanent Residence in the United States") from those applying for entry at POEs with an IV or DV. NVC and KCC do not include IRS Form 9003 in the Packet 4 mailing. Effective immediately, consular officers no longer need to collect this form from IV/DV applicants and include it in the packet for INS. Applicants should not be refused 221(g) for lack of an IRS Form 9003. FAM note 42.33, PN5.2 has been corrected to omit Form 9003 from the list of documents to be included in the IV packet.

Disclaimer:
The writer of this message is not a lawyer and this message is not meant to be legal advice. Before relying on this information, you must consult a lawyer on the facts of your specific case. The Law Offices of Rajiv S. Khanna takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this information.

I also received P4 in USA

It basically contains APP letter, instructions on documents required, DS230-I for me and my wife, DS230-II for me and my wife and 9003 for me and my wife.

It also said that we need local police certificates from local police station and regional passport office. Did not mention the case certificate from Indian consulate from USA. I would assume that we don\'t need to carry local PCC.

One glitch, they typed my name incorrect in the appt letter,I am going to send a mail to them to send a corrected letter to india address.

I-134

Did anyone receive I-134 as part of P4?
I did not get it. Is it OK to carry
a copy downloaded from the web?

2002gc: Re: I134

Yes I 134 is needed. I did not get it as part of P4 though.

I am going to download it from immihelp, fill it out and get it notarized.

My lawyer said I134 is not needed if your spouse is working and gets an employment letter. But I just confirmed with someone who came back from BMB and they said the consulate guys specifically asked for "affidavit of support".

What to do with blank DS 230 in Packet 4?

We already filled this one out right?
I\'m just going carry a copy of the one I\'d filled out while sending P3.

No Title

Thanks Dolphins. Yes, I am aware that I-134
is required. Just wondering why it was not sent
as part of P4. I am planning to carry a
copy printed from immihelp.

Is it true that PCC requirements have changed ?

I saw immihelp.com Discussion forum and they are talking about new requirement of additional Local PCC and many of the guys were told to get the local PCC. This has changed 5/6 days back..
My consulate is Delhi but if its true for Mumbai then Delhi may also ask this. Pl someone from this thread can send an email/or call and find out what is the fact?

Thanks

Re: Is it true that PCC requirements have changed ?

I don\'t think the rules have changed but .. lot of talk going on about local PCC.

But when my parents tried to get local PCC - cops said they don\'t do PCC unless the person is in india.

Checked up with a freind who finished CP in March. At that time - BMB was not particularly asking for local PCC but some people who said that local PCC was not available were told to go and get a letter from the police saying that they will not issue PCC. (!!)

Re: Shanks1975 : MyOwn Photo studio info

sorry shanks, I\'ve sent you a detailed reply. For others:

My own Photo studio
91,bhulabhai Desai Road,
Mumbai-400 026
Timing: 9 to 7..
Road map:...Go towards raj pavilion direction....there will be garden on right hand and side and opposite that my own photo studio...Waliking distance...5-7 minutes

Courtsey GhoshT

No Probs .,.Dolphins..

Actuallu my email account was having bit of problem..So i was just concerned if my mail was reaching out..

Dolphins,GhoshT ..Thanks a lot for the info..

take care,
Shanks

June 27 interview

I have my interview scheduled for June 27 - mumbai
did u guys manage to get PCC. I tried to get a PCC but the local Police station does not issue one. After Rs 200 they issued a denial letter. Now I have to get one from Trivandrum. How are things with you guys?

has anyone noticed the no. of cases scheduled by Mumbai for June .... 1538 !!!

Thats amazing !!! Its approx 72 cases/day !!!! Do u think its possible?? In comparison, Chennai has 310 scheduled for June and Delhi hasn\'t yet put their June dates on the web .....

Anyway ...just an observation !

Can changes be made to DS230-I during Packet-4 stage?

Friends--

I had following question - I had submitted DS-230 part I with my AC-140 packet-3 application. Now I have received DS-230 to fill out again as part of packet-4. I noticed that in the employment history section, I put the future job title in the current job title field. I would like to correct that when I fill out the DS-230 that came with Packet-4.

Is it possible to do so, or should the Packet-4 DS-230 be same as Packet-3 DS-230 (does consulate compare the two?)

Please advise, I have to leave for interview in two weeks.

DS230 Part II, Item 29, what for me(employee) , what for my wife ?

Hi,

In DS230 Part II, Item 29, Name and address of Petitioner.

What will be it for me(employee) ?
What for my wife(who is dependent on me) ?

Thanks,