Confirmed June 2002 Chennai Interviews

Chennai hotels...

MS-

There are many good/decent places on Radhakrishnan Salai (which is where the Consulate is).

Following are some of the \'high-end\' places that are less than ten minutes drive from the Consulate: Ambassador Pallava, Chola Sheraton, Taj Connemara, Taj Coromandel.

Other hotels: Savera, President, Madras International (these are within 10 minutes of driving and are not that costly as the above).

Unfortunately, I don\'t know the current rates and so cannot help you about that. However, you can get the phone #s of the above hotels from the web-site www.madras.com (choose \'Accommodation\' from the left panel).

There are a couple of more hotels such as GRT, Nilgiris etc. I didn\'t find them in the above site. But check these sites, which might be able to provide more information. The chennaionline site is very good and provides maps too.

http://www.india-hotels.net/
www.chennaionline.com

Hope that helps. Best of luck!

Rajan

Dodda...

Which number did you call to set your appointment with Dr V.
Is this the only appointment we need to make?? What about the
lister labs...

flying to mysore first...

My interview is on the 20th. Plan leave SFO by 12th June, go to
Mysore, collect packet 4, get to chennai by 17th. I am keeping
3 days for all the medical and lab tests.

I am planning to book my tickets today. Actually I am yet to shop.

No Title

mine is on 25 june,can some one tell me the telephone numbers for lister lab and Dr vijay lakshmi.do we have to take appointment and if so, how many days before?
thanks

hidefrmyou, harrypatta, GMG, espy...

my interview is on 19th too... when you planning for medicals? i am
thinking of monday 17th, how about you folks?

Hi Guys

I am planning to take medicals on the 14th itsself and come back to chennai on the 18th. I am from HYD and lets meet everyone on the 19th.
If any of you guys from San fran let me know.

have fun
Purnaram

Chennai dates out on the web

Chennai has released the dates on web. Total appointments 310. (All categories). I checked again for the date.
Just to make sure. It is on 21st June 2002.

The tickets are real high. They are quoting in the range of 1600 to 1800. (i.e., Air France, Lufthansa and KLM.) . Its also not confirmed
reservations.

Lister Lab and Dr.V\'s #s...

Lister Lab: 8278971, 8234429, 8202666, 8202777
Dr.V:6413445, 6413446(Padma Nursing Home)

I did not take appointment with Lister Lab now..My friends were telling that no need for it, if we are there around 8:30a it should be fine..If you guys do not want to take chance better to call and take appointment..

No Title

I got for around 1700 dollars on Northwest airlines. Go to their site on nwa.com. Or ask your travel agent for china airlines. the price is about 1400. but the waiting time is long.

MS

need help..

guys,
good luck to all of you..
have a question.. my case is still with NVC.
Is there any way or have you see any cases where you can request the consulate for an interview early in the month..
like i have to attend my sister\'s marriage..
i might get my interview in August end.. will it be possible to request for an early August date ?
I am sure you must have seen request like this.. did they ever get fulfilled ? Please post..
thanks

Green_my_green

Congratulations!

I have mine on the 20th.

I believe you should be having my email address that I provided to you earlier. Could you email to that ID when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Rajan

pkt4 update ...

got my pkt4 at my local address in Chennai -interview on June 20th

u_me

U_me..How did you request them to send the P4 to local address in chennai ?

through e-mail or over phone ? - Thanks

miami: initially mentioned my local address in the cover letter

for pkt3 , later sent them an e-mail asking if they have my local address on file - they responded that they do.

u_me

Recvd Pkt 4 at local addressin India

Een though I didn\'t mention local indian address on DS230, I requested the consulate to mail PKT 4 to local Indian address by e-mail around 2nd or 3rd.

interview on the 19th.

i will be there in india on the 8th. plan to to get the medical stuff on the 11th. my wife\'s pkt 3 is yet to be sent top St Louis (or may be it was just sent). Is there any way i can get our interviews scheduled together?

thanks,
espy