Confirmed July 2002 interview - Mumbai Consulate

Compile List of Probable questions asked during the interview

Hi All

Do you think we should start compiling a list of probable questions that could be asked during the interview. I think, it\'ll help us prepare mentally before we go for the interview. What do you guys think?

Thanks
JK

Thats a good suggestion

I have read many CP experiences , the often asked questions are as follows:-

Whom do u work for??
How long have u been working??
Where do u live in USA??
Whats the kind of work u do??
Will u be joining the same company when u go back??
Do u like the weather in USA??

I feel they are all formalities and they are just asked for namesake.

Shanks

questions for future CPERS.

I am planning to take 2 photo copies of all documents. I think that would be fine.What do u guys think??
Also do we need to attest them??
I was told that the consulate needs to have a look at the originals,so there is no point in getting it attested.

Are u guys planning to take photocopies even for tax transcripts, bank statements etc??

Does the consulate accept visa fees in dollars??

Also, what happens if I get married after my interview , but I am still in Mumbai.Can my wife get the green card??

Thanks for ur help
Shanks

no need to attest

As per my lawyers we don\'t have to take photocopies of EVERYTHING. and the photocopies do not have to be attested. Take all originals and you\'ll be safe.
Will find out from my lawyers about the US dollar check/draft or Ruppes check/draft.

Couple of questions:
-When you say photocopies of Tax Transcripts needed? Do you mean you have originals of Tax Transcripts? Please clarify.
I got my Tax Transcripts from IRS and they look like ordinary printouts on A4 paper with no IRS logo or seal or signature on it. This is what I got when I asked for Tax Transcript when I called up 1800-829-1040. I was not charged any dollars for this Tax Transcripts. IS this the same thing you got? or did you pay for your Tax Transcripts? Your Tax Transcripts have some IRS logo, seal , signature?

Thanks
JK

anyone taking delta airlines....do we need transit visa at Paris?

anyone taking delta airlines....do we need transit visa at Paris?
I\'m flying by Delta next month for my CP interview.

I\'m hearing conflicting reports on Transit visa requirements at Paris. As per the website below, we do not need Transit visas.
http://www.consulfrance-washington.org/visas/visasen.htm#8

I have pasted the text from the above site below:
You do not need an airport transit visa unless you are holder of a passport or a refugee travel document issued by one of the following countries:
Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Bengladesh, Rep.of Congo, Erythrée, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Haïti, India (*), Irak, Iran, Liberia, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syria, and Palestinians holders of a travel document for refugee which has been issued by Egypt, Lebanon or Syria.
However, no airport transit visa is required if the citizens of the above-mentioned countries have a "refugee travel document", an "alien residency card", or a "permit to reenter" (Form I-327 rev: 06-13-96) issued by the USA, or a permanent visa in either of the countries of the European Union, or a residence permit in Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, the Holy See, San Marino, Canada or Japan. This document should authorize you to re-enter the mentioned country without conditions.
(*) For citizens of India, the airport transit visa is not required, if they are holders of a valid visa issued by a country of the European Union and EEE (Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway Portugal, Spain, The United-Kingdom, and Sweden), Canada, Switzerland and the USA.

My transcripts are exactly same as urs.

I too didnt pay anything for them..
I too got by calling the same toll free number.
Dont worry, ur fine.

I had one more question:-

What happens if I marry after my interview, but I am still in India.
Can I send packet-3 for my wife and will she get the visa on a later date???

Shanks

No Title

the issue is about people travelling back to India for CP interview with EXPIRED VISA stamps in passports. Your link still does not clear up the confusion.

One travel agent told me to avoid going via France.

Our H1-B visa stamps on the passports have expired and so has our I-94\'s, and even if they weren\'t, they would be "confiscated" in any case on departure.

I got Delta tickets via Milan, Italy from Boston and am not getting transit visas. Returning via Paris in August. Tickets cost me:

Adult: 1109 + 92 tax + 50 open = $1251.00 Boston-Bombay for self
Child: 741 + 92 tax + 50 open = $ 883.00
Infant: 131 + 82 tax = $ 213.00

Good luck.

Italy does not need a transit visa ....

only France/Germany/Switzerland need transit visa for those with expired visa stamp and expired I-94s ....but u will not be given a transit visa from these consulates becuase ur stamp and I-94 have expired !!!! CATCH-22 !!

So no point travelling with them and losing ur sleep ...

transit visa on way back?

what is in the sealed envelope from CP? Is the passport included in it too?

Hi friends, I had been posting as "CPers" until now

but I have lost password and unable to retrieve it. I will be now posting as user "agite"

If they were to seal the passport, you won\'t be able to travel...

I\'m not sure what the contents of the package are, but the passport definitely is NOT sealed

Recieved my Packet4

Got my packet 4.

- No IRS 9003 required
- No saling permit needed
- no I-864 requried (I-134 requried)

JK

Recieved my Packet4

Got my packet 4. - No IRS 9003 required - No saling permit needed - no I-864 requried (I-134 requried) JK

which one will be POE

My flight from Bombay to Atlanta is via Washington. So will my POE be in Washington or Atlanta? the sealed envelope will be opened at Washington or Atlanta?
the reason i need to know this is because, i need to arrange for my connecting flight from washington to Atlanta and need to know where the POE will be, if its at Washington, then I'll take a connecting flight after 2-3 hours. 2-3 hours should be sufficient at POE right?
Please let me know.

Thanks
JK

which one will be POE

My flight from Bombay to Atlanta is via Washington. So will my POE be in Washington or Atlanta? the sealed envelope will be opened at Washington or Atlanta? the reason i need to know this is because, i need to arrange for my connecting flight from washington to Atlanta and need to know where the POE will be, if its at Washington, then I\'ll take a connecting flight after 2-3 hours. 2-3 hours should be sufficient at POE right? Please let me know. Thanks JK

POE question

Hello

my POE is at Washington dulles airport. My connecting flight to Atlatna from washington is after 2 hours. IS 2 hours enough at POE? does anyone know usually how long it takes and what exactly is the process at POE?

Thanks
JK

POE question

Hello my POE is at Washington dulles airport. My connecting flight to Atlatna from washington is after 2 hours. IS 2 hours enough at POE? does anyone know usually how long it takes and what exactly is the process at POE? Thanks JK