Confirmed July 2002 interview - Mumbai Consulate

As long as your notorized employment letter says you will be employed per conditions of GC LCA you a

dinesh..

You need to call the NVC, speak to an operator and find out using your SRC #. Then they will create case, send you a P3. You need to mail it back to STL, NVC will get it back, review it and send it to your consulate.

HTH.

No Title

Thank Moulin.

I called the NVC as per your advice. The automated system could not locate my file and the Operator said that they have received my file from INS on 5 June. And they would now enter it into the system and then send a Packet 3 to my attorney (As he is who filed it).

Can you let me know a approximate time frame for all the above steps that you had mentioned..... like....
NVC --- P3 --- ST. LOUIS --- Back to NVC --- To Consulate General.

Also at this stage or for any stage henceforth.... Is there is any stage where complications are included...

Thanks,
Dinesh

Perfectly right..thats what I had posted too..

Mumbai is surely getting info well in advance from dept of state..
shanks

Affidavite of support I-134 question, July 29 confirmed

Hello,

I\'ve July 29 interview confirmed. Can any one please tell me if I need to prepare the affidavite of support form I-134 for my wife and kid?

Thanks and good luck,
PCS

You need to fill and get notorized I-134 for each family members including minors.

I-134 need to be notorized in US.

Thanks everyone for congratulations. jk8, my case was reviewed on 5/10 and sent

to Mumbai consulate on 5/15. Later I checked with them on 5/22 and they wrote me that they will give me July interview.

Let\'s compile names of everyone of July interview. Please copy, add your name and post following list. Thanks.

1. Cpers 7/29
2. montu24 7/31

Do we get P4 the same day?

couple of questions:
(1) do we get P4 the same day
(2) anyone of you purchased tickets? Looks like a peak season to me. I\'m gettign very expensive rates. Anyone purchased tickets for cheap?

Thanks
JK

jk8 ... u will get it soon ...

get all ur stuff ready as time will just fly now :)

All the best !

Did not understand your question on P4. I received P4 on 6/18.

You or your lawyer should also get it soon.

I blocked tickets assuming my interview will be between 20th and 31st of July. As soon as date was confirmed, I purchased tickets. Since we fly after 15th July ( end of high season going to India) but return in August\'s high season, we paid reasonable rate of $1200 per ticket. Shop around with different agents to get good deal. Also, travel on week days would save some money and increases possibility of getting seats. I booked through my company agents. I have been able to get tickets in high season even a week ahead of travel. You will definitely get it.

CPers...I meant do we get the sealed envelope the same day after the interview

brb ... this is my understanding ...

NVC does not reserve a visa number for you ... all they do is make sure that your PD would be current for a couple of months from the time they send ur case and if they are convinced, they will forward ur case to the consulate ... now if for some reason the PDs retrogress beyond ur date and ur case has reached the consulate, the later will not schedule ur interview till ur PD is current ...

But once they have scheduled ur interview and then PDs retrogress then it will not affect ur case ....

Also, it seems the consulates in India do get info regarding PDs before the visa bulettein is actually released by the DOS .. thats the reason Mumbai is able to schedule interviews before the release ...Mumbai and Chennai are pretty efficient .. Delhi SUCKS BIG TIME ... they are so behind that they are having interviews in July from June Visa Numbers !!!!

Finally, July 23/9:30am is the date and time

Yep, the notice is finally here. Was infomed by email of the above date and that P4 was sent to attorney on June 4th.

My I-140 was approved on Sept. 4, 2001, and now I\'m getting an interview. So, I guess better late than never.

Summarised list of interview thus far:

Cpers 7/29
Montu 7/31
cvikas 7/23
shanks 7/29
aakumar 7/23 [Boston - Mumbai - Bangalore]

Now I guess I can start ticket hunting. If anyone comes across good deals, do communicate please.

Good luck to those waiting!

I was under the impression that we get it same day evening but

I am reading some posts from Chennei that indicates they are waiting for visa packet to arrive by courier. It takes 2-3 days after an interview to get packet by courier.

JK8 - ? on PCC

I just saw your ? on PCC from Bangalore. I\'m from B\'lore and I\'m not getting a local PCC. Bluegrass\'s email to the Mumbai Consulate that elicited a reply from the Consul General was quite clear in that if you\'ve lived here in the States, then the PCC given by the Indian Consulate is what is required, not the local PCC. If they do ask for local PCC, from what Bluegrass explained, all you have to do is go back with the PCC and they\'ll stamp your passport. I\'ll be going to B\'lore after IV on 7/23, and if I need PCC from b\'lore, I\'ll get it and on my way back stop in Bombay, a day earlier than planned, where I\'ve to come anyway for US return. Good luck.

montu24...how long did they take to respond

montu24...
congrats.
how long did they take to respond to your email?
when was ur NVC case reviewed and sent to consulate?

JK

Local PCC not required.

Got it confirmed from the consulate. Local PCC is not required. Thats a relief!!

Thanks
JK