Confirmed DELHI interviews for JUNE 2002

canigetgc-new, can i have ur private emial, i got some urgent questions

canigetgc-new,

can one ask the consulate to issue a local packet 4.
also what is in packet4, if we already filled out ds-230
part 1 and part2 why do we have to fill it again...
do we have to notarize the ds forms that are in packet 4.

thanks
jafo

Question regarding P4 for Spouse ...

does the spouse get a separate P4 or just that her name is included in the appointment letter ???

Rohtak and Desert Boy

Please update ASAP with you Interview details ...
If not the full detail then just some highlights...

GC Interview successful and painless

Interview on June 19th -- went at 8:00AM -- it took us almost 5 hours to submit the papers and take the oath. Collected GC visa package same day at 5:00PM. Couple of points
1. They do not require local PCC if you have PCC from Indian Cousulate in US
2. Require $65 in Indian Rs. per applicant for issuance fees.

Smooth entry in New York -- took the package abd stamped I551 in the passport in about 15 mins. I will be happy to answer any questions. Also, does any one know how long it will take to get the plastic cards?

Is this employment letter ok? --- rohtak need ur input and other\'s as well....

Have I addressed the letter right? Does the content look ok (i just copied it mostly from the immihelp site) ? Also, it will be signed by my HR Manager ... is that ok?? I have kept the duties exactly the same as that is in the LC ..is that good?

Appreciate any inputs....
=====================================================================
                                                        June 30, 2002
American Embassy New Delhi
Consular Section
1 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi - 110 021
INDIA

Re: Permanent Residence of XXX XXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to confirm that XXXX XXXXX is employed with us as a
permanant employee on full time basis since XXX YYYY. He holds the position of a XXXXX XXXXXXX and his annual salary is $XXXX. His employment will continue to be on permanent basis upon receiving approval of his permanent residence application. He is performing following duties:

Plan, develop, test and document programs for manufacturing applications, employing XXXX, XXXX, XXX XXXX.

Please feel free to contact us if your office should require any further information.

Sincerely,

XXXX
(HR Manager)

thanks for the quick reply .... one more question ...

how long did it take for ur P4 to reach the US ...mine has already taken 2 weeks and its yet reached me or the lawyer. ALso, what is the mode by which Delhi sends the P4 (Courier or Registered mail)?

Congratulations Rohtak

Few questions:
Did you submit $65 per applicant only and need seperate DDs?
You mean there is no increase in the fee?
(I presumed you have deposited 260 per applicant with P3)
Could you pl explain?

$65 per applicant in Indian Rs -- I paid cash so I do not think you need ...

separate drafts for each family member. I had taken a draft of $150 (converted @ Rs 49/1$ -- they asked me to give cash for $130 ($65x2) in Indian Rs instead. They will accept the same payment in a single draft as well.