$$$ Confirmed $$$ - Chennai - October Interview - please track here

Demand Drafts

Hi All
I emailed chennai about the Visa issuance fee telling them i already paid $335 to NVC for myself and for my wife and the response from them back is

"You have to only pay the courier fees - Rs 350"

Originally posted by chennai_oct23
Hi Guys,
My interview is on 23rdOCT. I'm planning to leave on 16. I read at some other thread on this site that if you have paid $335.00 per person to NVC along with your packet-3 papers, then you dont have to pay visa-issuance fee at Chennai. I emailed Chennai Consulate about this and got the same reply that "You dont have to pay any fee if you have already paid $335.00 to NVC". Guys, did anybody get this kind of reply from Consulate. Is anyone in the same boat?? Please post your responses.

Demand Drafts

Tks for the response Chad12

In my case I had already paid $260.00 to the NVC, therefore can you confirm that all I need to pay is:

a) $65.00 * 49 as a DD for the issuance fee
b) RS300 for the courier fee. Does this also have to as a DD?

P.S. I found the jonnals post, very helpful.

DD Question

Can someone tell me what’s the Fee I have to pay during the Interview? I have already Paid $260 per person, so total $520 while sending Packet3.

My Lawyer sent me my packet4 in which she mentioned that I have to pay 16,415 rupees per person during the Interview.
Is this Correct?

Thanks
KSC

Re: DD Question

You just need to pay Rs. 3185 ($65) per person towards visa issuance fees, and Rs.250 + (2 * Rs. 50) for the courier. The Rs.16,415 is for those who haven't paid anything earlier.

Originally posted by ksc
Can someone tell me what’s the Fee I have to pay during the Interview? I have already Paid $260 per person, so total $520 while sending Packet3.

My Lawyer sent me my packet4 in which she mentioned that I have to pay 16,415 rupees per person during the Interview.
Is this Correct?

Thanks
KSC

Visa fees

I got a e-mail from Chennai stating pay $65 if you have paid $260 earlier.
Also asked to pay in rupees (65*49 = Rs 3185)

Regarding IRS 9003, Even if people forget this document you can still fill it in consulate as they have hardcopies too of some forms like IRS 9003.

IndiaCP.

Demand Draft "payable to"

Miami/ksc,

Per my Lawyer:

The demand draft for visa fees should be drawn in favor of "American Consulate Chennai".

Is this correct?

How about courier fees for Rs 300. Do I need to take DD also payable as above?

Please advise.

Thanks,
IndiaCP

Demand Draft Info

hi IndiaCP and fellow Oct interviewers,

you should be taking the dd for courier service "Blue Dart Express Limited" payable at Chennai (250 rs + 50 rs for each applicant).

ex: for 1 person 250 + 50 = 300

for 2 people: 250 + (50 * 2) = 350

coming to the DD for visa issuance, if you had paid 260 here, then you got to pay the remaining amount with a DD.

the exchange rate can be verified by calling the American embassy @ 44-811 2000 extn 3440.

BANK EXCHANGE RATE NOT ACCEPTABLE.

for courier:
Blue Dart Express Limited payable at Chennai

for visa issuance:
The American Consulate General Chennai

Good Luck fellaws:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Demand Draft- Visa Issuance

Do I have to take draft for me & my wife seperately or can it be on one.

Re: Demand Drafts

Originally posted by subraj
Tks for the response Chad12

In my case I had already paid $260.00 to the NVC, therefore can you confirm that all I need to pay is:

a) $65.00 * 49 as a DD for the issuance fee
b) RS300 for the courier fee. Does this also have to as a DD?

P.S. I found the jonnals post, very helpful.

Hey Jai,

I had sent the fax just now, i hope you got it, let me know if you haven't got it. sent on 10/8/02 time 9:29 am.

check it out.

let me know if you have any problems.

Jonnals

Guys..this question might sound silly - Should the notarized employment letter contain that 'embossed' seal ? I mean if you touch the seal you can feel.

I got my empl.letter this morning and found that 'embossed' seal is not there but an ordinary seal saying 'Notary public - State of florida' with the name of the notary and expiry date.

A couple of months ago there was a long thread regarding this embossed seal - but I lost track of it.

Ofcourse, this is a silly question, but, appreciate someone commenting on this.

Thanks

Miami

I think 'embossed' seal is not necessary. Mine have ordinary seal.
It says NOTARY PUBLIC STATE OF FLORIDA.

KSC

Phew....Thank you Ksc..That's all I need..I was kinda confused.
I know you are leaving on Thursday. Good luck and have a safe journey.

Thanks again

Quick Question

What are the things we need to Notarize?
1. Employment letter
2. I134(Affidavit of Support

and what else?
Let me know ASAP

Thanks
KSC

Re: Miami

Hi,

Could you let me know how soon do we need to take notarized employment letter from employer? As I am travelling to India much before my interview, I planned to take employment letter now, that is just over a month before my interview. Will this be Ok with Consulate? Thanks in advance..

Originally posted by ksc
I think 'embossed' seal is not necessary. Mine have ordinary seal.
It says NOTARY PUBLIC STATE OF FLORIDA.

KSC

Saradao - When my lawyer sent me the letter format, I was told that the employment letter needs to be dated 6 months old or less at the time of interview. I trust my lawyer as he is one of the best Immigration lawyers in this country.

I guess you should be fine. Also if they question during the interview, you may very well show the proof that you travelled a a month earlier.

Good Luck

Guys travelling to Chennai after 22nd Oct - Please keep a watch over news in Tamil Nadu.

I called home (India) during lunch hour today and was told that there is going to be an "indefinte" total bandh in Tamil nadu by all sections starting Oct-23rd. I am not sure what the effect is going to be, but better to be extra cautious.

I do not mean to scare anyone, but better be safe than sorry. Hope everthing settles down soon.