$$$ Confirmed $$$ - Chennai - October Interview - please track here

Re: Re: my interview is on OCT 22nd

Wait for the consulate to clarify.

If you received packet 4, the date on the appointment letter should be your appointment date. Packet 4 should be received in this week (at Indian address) for all the appointments in Oct. I received mine yesterday. If you're expecting Packet 4 at US addess, it may take 2-3 weeks to be delivered.

Originally posted by GetGCNow
hi guys,
I got an email from Chennai Consulate that my Interview
will be on Oct 29th but my case number does not appear on
the Published list.. Has this happened toany one .. What
would be the issue you think.. Mistake by the person who
emailed or mistake in the in the list published.. I have written
to Chennai Consulate.

thanks

GETGCNOW - Why not you send an e-mail to the consulate requesting clarification, with the confirmation e-mail you received from them.
If you have done so already, please let us know the result. This is something weird which we never heard of before. Do not worry, it will work out for good.

Good luck

all Oct interview folks....

All,

trying to confirm the cut-off dates for OCTOBER interview.

seems like , if the case was recd on AUG/20/2002 by chennai, they have the OCT INTERVIEW.

is there anyone whoz case was recd by Chennai, after AUG/20/2002. appreciate it if you could provide this info.

localMadras

My interview is scheduled for Oct 23, 2002 in Chennai.
Case Details:

EB2, I-140 approved from CSC.
NVC sent P3 to Chennai on 8-20-02
Chennai received P3 from NVC on 8-27-02
P4 received in India on 9-14-02

I had sent email to chennai requesting P4 delivery in india.

:)

Chennai Interview Case# not listed on website

hi miami,
I actually called the Consulate this morning and talked
to the Interview seciton. They told me that my Interview is
on Oct 29th and if it does not appear on the website it may
be due to some problems.. She told me that I will receive
the P4 so Iam anxiously waiting for P4.
Did everyone receive the P4's...
Case reviewed by NVC on Aug 16th
Case sent to Chennai on Aug 20th
Chennai Email & call -> Oct 29th Interview..

thanks

Originally posted by miami
GETGCNOW - Why not you send an e-mail to the consulate requesting clarification, with the confirmation e-mail you received from them.
If you have done so already, please let us know the result. This is something weird which we never heard of before. Do not worry, it will work out for good.

Good luck

GetGcnow - I am glad that you confirmed your interview on Oct. Almost everyone, who gave their local address in India seems to have received their P4.

My interview is on Oct 23.

I didn't request P4 in India. When I called Consulate yesterday they told me that my P4 was mailed to the US address 2-3 days back. They didn't disclose the exact date.

I'm leaving on OCT 15th from LA. Will I get my P4 before that day?

Can I request Consulate now to mail a copy to my uncle's house in Chennai now?

Please advise.

FYI... I went to IRS yesterday and got my Tax transcripts for 1999, 2000 and 2001. Also I got the sailing permit for me and my wife too. The whole process took less than an hour.

Thanks,
IndiaCP

interview oct 23

Hello everybody,
Got my int on oct 23, looks like I am the 5th person who got that date. My category EB2. My parents in bangalore got the p4 packet yesterday.
I got PCC from Chicago consulate last wk, curious to know if any of you are getting local PCC from India. Also the name on my birth cert is not the expanded version, how easy is it to get a changed one as I am going only a wk before the interview.
Thanks

Indian Railways website

A topic not directly related, but Indian Railways has an excellent website that allows you to get train timings between any 2 stations, get fares and also shows how many seats/berths are available on a particular day on a specific train:) :) :)

I used this site to plan for my trip from Bangalore to Chennai and back. Called up India and gave the exact travel info. My CP interview is on Oct 23rd.

The website is www.indianrail.gov.in

M16 -
1. If you are here in US and have PCC from Indian consulate in US - that is all they need at the time of interview.
I am not taking PCC from local and never of heard anyone taking one if they are here in US.

2. With regards to birth certificate, people at the Chennai consulate knew the format that it will contain only our first name and the last name as a single letter. Do not worry about it and in my BC too, my last name is just a single letter (my last name is 19 letters - do you believe this ?)

Good luck

miami/vikhy

Can someone please reply to Indiacp's questions because I am in the similar situation?

Thanks
KSC

IndiaCp/Ksc - From the previous postings on this forum I understood that it takes around 3 weeks for the P4 to reach US from Chennai consulate.

IndiaCp & KSC- 100% you guys should get your P4 here before 7th or 8th of Oct, as Chennai consulate mailed out P4 around 12th of this month.

With regards to duplicate P4, it seems like they re-issue / send all forms except the appointment letter, which we need to print from their website.

my interview is on 29'th of oct...
how many days before the interview are U guys planning on
leaving for INDIA??

I'm leaving on Oct 15th

Cmattur,

My interview is on Oct 23th. I'm leaving on 15th so that I have enough time for medicals/photo etc.

I think 3-4 days before interview date should be fine.

IndiaCP

Have any of you guys booked Hotels

Hi ,
Have any of you booked hotels already . What hotels are you planning.

Thanks
cpindia

hi,
Iam also going to interview on Oct 29th.. I was planning on
leavig on 19th.. Did you book the tickets and did you
get all the documents required...

thanks

Originally posted by cmattur
my interview is on 29'th of oct...
how many days before the interview are U guys planning on
leaving for INDIA??

to Desigult

hi Desigult,

i'm leaving on 17th of oct from detroit. see you there at the consulate. yet to start working on the required documents. got to get my second of vaccinations here before i leave. don't forget to carry the vaccination records.

my interview is on OCT 22nd.

TO MIAMI

As you know that my Interview is on Nov 25th. I am leaving to Hyderabad, India on Oct 11th.
My question is, How many days before do you suggest me to go to Chennai. I am thinking may be 22nd morning (FLYING).
What do you think?

Let me know

Thanks
ksc