$$$ Confirmed $$$ - Chennai - October Interview - please track here

Jonnals and other guys....
How soon do we need to fix an appointment for medicals. How flexible are these doctors?? Is it ok if you call them before a weeks time?? My interview is on 19th of november..

Saradao

Saradao,

It's better to get appointment fixed with Doctor atleast 2-3 weeks prior to interview.

For Lister lab, you don't need prior appointment. Just walk-in that day. Better to go early around 8 AM as you get the work done soon.

Also, try to have 2 days minimum gap between doctor appointment and Consular Interview.

Hope this helps.

IndiaCP

Re: Saradao

Thanks India CP..
I will follow the same as I am starting 20 days before my inteview...

Originally posted by IndiaCP
Saradao,

It's better to get appointment fixed with Doctor atleast 2-3 weeks prior to interview.

For Lister lab, you don't need prior appointment. Just walk-in that day. Better to go early around 8 AM as you get the work done soon.

Also, try to have 2 days minimum gap between doctor appointment and Consular Interview.

Hope this helps.

IndiaCP

hi deshi folks,

1.doctor question-

any info as to chennai physicians honoring syphylis, HIV, TB testing from county health ctrs, here in USA. They come almost free for your information, if you go to the state run health centers,
available nearly in all towns.

2.Birth certificate Q.

appreciate if you can shed light on obtaining the affidavits for birth certificate, mine doesnt show my name and only first names of parents are written ( so much for deshi importance for names!!).

thanks

DD Question

Hey Guys,

I just got a Banker's Cheque from the Indian Overseas Bank. Did everyone else do the same or is a Demand Draft required.

Tks.

dharmarau:

Originally posted by dharmarau
hi deshi folks,

1.doctor question-

any info as to chennai physicians honoring syphylis, HIV, TB testing from county health ctrs, here in USA. They come almost free for your information, if you go to the state run health centers,
available nearly in all towns.

2.Birth certificate Q.

appreciate if you can shed light on obtaining the affidavits for birth certificate, mine doesnt show my name and only first names of parents are written ( so much for deshi importance for names!!).

thanks

Regarding your first question. You do not need this additional docs. I just had my physician checkup the only thing he asked was whether I had smallpox. Other than that I just showed my immunization cert from childhood, which he said is no longer required, gave me a MMR shot and signed the documents. It was very simple and painless :)

The second question I cannot answer, I got my Birth Certificate with my name etc as required. Hope this helps.

Re: DD Question

Hello Subraj,

iam not sure about the BANKERS' CHEQUE...
But, it is cleary mentioned in the PACKET-4 instructions , that they require a DEMAND DRAFT payable to "american consulate general chennai'

i would do what they say .

Originally posted by subraj
Hey Guys,

I just got a Banker's Cheque from the Indian Overseas Bank. Did everyone else do the same or is a Demand Draft required.

Tks.

Re: dharmarau:

subraj,
then what is this labs all about? dont they do the tests for HIV,Syphilis and TB etc.
Thanks for coming back and answering

Regarding your first question. You do not need this additional docs. I just had my physician checkup the only thing he asked was whether I had smallpox. Other than that I just showed my immunization cert from childhood, which he said is no longer required, gave me a MMR shot and signed the documents. It was very simple and painless :) ]

Re: Re: DD Question

Hi Localmadras,

You will not get a demand draft payable in the same city that the demad draft was issued, you get a bankers check.

So, if you want to take a demand draft payable in chennai, you need to go to a bank outside chennai.

my 2 cents worth.

-Ravi

Originally posted by localmadras
Hello Subraj,

iam not sure about the BANKERS' CHEQUE...
But, it is cleary mentioned in the PACKET-4 instructions , that they require a DEMAND DRAFT payable to "american consulate general chennai'

i would do what they say .

Re: Re: dharmarau:

Originally posted by dharmarau
subraj,
then what is this labs all about? dont they do the tests for HIV,Syphilis and TB etc.
Thanks for coming back and answering

They do some blood work. But don't sweat it. You just need to turn up at Lister Lab, they take your blood to conduct some tests and take an x-ray. The results are given the same day if you come early in the morning. I was there by 7:00 a.m., picked up a token at building No 3. walked over to building No. 13(old. 6) and went in at 8:00 to get the tests completed. The whole process takes only about 20-30 mins.

Regarding your first question. You do not need this additional docs. I just had my physician checkup the only thing he asked was whether I had smallpox. Other than that I just showed my immunization cert from childhood, which he said is no longer required, gave me a MMR shot and signed the documents. It was very simple and painless :) ]

please post u r experiences chennai CPers

Hi October CPers,

congratulations you all and happy 'home'coming.
few questions-

1. what is your experience with Indian Officials on departure from India. Did you have to show Indian Income Tax Clearance etc.

2. What was your personal experience with lack of name on the birth certificate. Just an affidavit from parents/elders in addition to available BC was accepted.

3. Please write some salient features of your experience during and after the interview.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys need your help with the receiving address of Packet 4

First of all, congrats to all who are through with their interviews.

I have a question regarding the receiving address of Packet 4. I have not given the local address in India (Hyd) for sending the packet4, when sending the completed packet 3 to NVC. Whats the difference in documents that are sent if given a local address in India, to the one sent to US. I assume, we recieve the packet 4 faster than getting it here in US (lawyer has to forward it to me again). I would like to give the local address now, I guess by sending a mail to chennai consulate, do u see any problems with that at this stage? Your views are appreciated.

CP experience from indiaCP

Guys,

I had my interview on Oct 23 and POE to USA was on Nov 9th.

Everything was fine as wished and anticipated.

Here are some of my thoughts and suggestions for future CPers:

1. Don't leave any fields unfilled/blank on DS230 part I & II.
The american officer at Chennai consulate asked us to write "NONE" if that particular field is not-applicable or not required to be filled.
some people had N/A which is not acceptable by the consulate. ONLY "NONE" and no blank fields.

2. Dr. Vijayalakshmi accepted all US vacines done within the past 1 year. This was really helpful for us during our visit as the whole doctor apptmt took only 45 mins. Also the doctor was helpful and on time for the appmt (Which you don't see with all doctors there).

3. When you submit all certificates and application, please make sure you give only docs that were asked and don't give multiple copies.
regarding paystubs, they ask only the last 3 paystubs.

4. There is no use in getting IRS Tax transcipts as it was returned without even seeing the document. what counts is the 2001 tax returns.

5. Your name is called randomly after submitting the application so don't panic if you are called last.

6. Say a hello and/or good morning to the officer when called for. When he asks a question just answer it rightaq
I'm not sure if that helps or not but for me I was called only once and asked to pay the fees.
Some were called 3-5 times to the counter.

7. There is a "Bank of India" closer and walable distance from KONICA lab in cathederal road where you can take the DD.
Konica lab guys gave me the photos in 30 mins and also you can exchange AMEX travelers cheque in the same place too.

8. Go to LISTER LAB by 8 AM so that you can get out in 15-30 mins and collect the report by 4 PM.

9. When you travel back to USA make sure you have the package given by the Chennai Consulate handy at all times as you will be asked for it when you change flights at different destinations during your return journey.

Thats all from me and good luck to all future CPers.

IndiaCP

CP experience from indiaCP

Guys,

I had my interview on Oct 23 and POE to USA was on Nov 9th.

Everything was fine as wished and anticipated.

Here are some of my thoughts and suggestions for future CPers:

1. Don't leave any fields unfilled/blank on DS230 part I & II.
The american officer at Chennai consulate asked us to write "NONE" if that particular field is not-applicable or not required to be filled.
some people had N/A which is not acceptable by the consulate. ONLY "NONE" and no blank fields.

2. Dr. Vijayalakshmi accepted all US vacines done within the past 1 year. This was really helpful for us during our visit as the whole doctor apptmt took only 45 mins. Also the doctor was helpful and on time for the appmt (Which you don't see with all doctors there).

3. When you submit all certificates and application, please make sure you give only docs that were asked and don't give multiple copies.
regarding paystubs, they ask only the last 3 paystubs.

4. There is no use in getting IRS Tax transcipts as it was returned without even seeing the document. what counts is the 2001 tax returns.

5. Your name is called randomly after submitting the application so don't panic if you are called last.

6. Say a hello and/or good morning to the officer when called for. When he asks a question just answer it rightaq
I'm not sure if that helps or not but for me I was called only once and asked to pay the fees.
Some were called 3-5 times to the counter.

7. There is a "Bank of India" closer and walable distance from KONICA lab in cathederal road where you can take the DD.
Konica lab guys gave me the photos in 30 mins and also you can exchange AMEX travelers cheque in the same place too.

8. Go to LISTER LAB by 8 AM so that you can get out in 15-30 mins and collect the report by 4 PM.

9. When you travel back to USA make sure you have the package given by the Chennai Consulate handy at all times as you will be asked for it when you change flights at different destinations during your return journey.

Thats all from me and good luck to all future CPers.

IndiaCP