$$$ Confirmed $$$ - Chennai - October Interview - please track here

Hi

Called my Lawyer this morning, told me that they did receive Packet4 from the Consulate with only original Appointment letter in it.
They also send a letter stating to download all the necessary forms from their website.

Also talk to Lawyer about Employment letter, thay said the job title is must and mine is matching with LC.

IndiaCP: Can you give me the list of all the forms you have in your Packet4?

Thanks
Srini

interview is on Oct 22nd

Hi All
seems i am 3 rd person in this thread who received the 22nd October date. i am leaving on 10th Oct from Cincinnati. see you guys at the consulate.

list of documents listed in PKT 4

Here is the list documents asked to bring as per Packet 4.

the order is as follows
1. OF - 171 - Visa Appointment Letter.
2. DS 230 - Part I & II Visa Application.
3. Marriage Certificate.
4. Wedding Photos
5. Birth Certificate or statement of non-availability of birth records & affadivit of birth
6. Evidence of financial support (affidavit of support in Form I-864 from the petitioner as well as any co-sponsor, including 3 years most recent U.S. Federal Income tax Returns)
Petitioner's Employement letter and bank statements.
7. Photos - 1.5 inch by 1.5 inch in size. Sign on two copies at the botttom front. .......
8. proof of relationship between beneficiary and the petitioner.
9. Medical reports. donot submit your x-ray.
10. completed 9003 form
11 separate passport for each applicant (including children).

in case for those of you who didn't receive your P4, let me know i can fax you a copy of the package.

have fun.

Re: Vikhy

Hi Ksc,

My email is ckvimal@yahoo.com.Thanx for ur email id.
I too am planning to get my medicals done on oct 23rd.we will be in touch .

Thanks
vikhy

Originally posted by ksc
My email is sriniclt@hotmail.com
Can you email me your contact number so that we can be in touch as our Interview dates are same.

To Miami:

I am planning to get Medicals done on Oct 23rd.
Going to chennai on 22nd evening.

What do you think about my plan? Is 23rd OK or do you want me to get my medicals done on 22nd.

Let me know

Thanks
ksc

KSC

Ksc,

I didn't receive P4 from lawyer yet. He said he mailed it on 09/27. Hope to get it by 09/28.

I think it should be the same as Jonnals.
I'll post the details anyway.

Miami,
Is IRS9003 and I-864 required?

My lawyer says that irs9003 is not required if you have tax transcripts and W2's etc.,

Per my lawyer only I-134 is required instead of I-864 as the category is employment based. I-864 is required ONLY for family based.

Is my lawyer misguiding me? Please advise so that I can plan and collect those docs if need be.

Thanks,
IndiaCP

Re: KSC

Originally posted by IndiaCP
Ksc,

I didn't receive P4 from lawyer yet. He said he mailed it on 09/27. Hope to get it by 09/28.

I think it should be the same as Jonnals.
I'll post the details anyway.

Miami,
Is IRS9003 and I-864 required?

My lawyer says that irs9003 is not required if you have tax transcripts and W2's etc.,

Per my lawyer only I-134 is required instead of I-864 as the category is employment based. I-864 is required ONLY for family based.

Is my lawyer misguiding me? Please advise so that I can plan and collect those docs if need be.

Thanks,
IndiaCP

IRS 9003 is listed in Chennai's P4. It is easy to fill out and no signature is required.

For employment based cases only I-134 is required if you are married. Not required if you are single.

I-864 is NOT REQUIRED FOR EMPLOYMENT CASES.

Thanks nkm-oct23

Thanks nkm-oct23 for your reply.

I will fill the IRS9003 just to be safe.

Guys, FYI... Still I didn't receive the P4 from my lawyer. Lawyer sent it thru "Golden State Overnight". Never heard of this!!!
Hope to get it Monday morning.

IndiaCP

Hi Guys,
My interview is on 23rdOCT. I'm planning to leave on 16. I read at some other thread on this site that if you have paid $335.00 per person to NVC along with your packet-3 papers, then you dont have to pay visa-issuance fee at Chennai. I emailed Chennai Consulate about this and got the same reply that "You dont have to pay any fee if you have already paid $335.00 to NVC". Guys, did anybody get this kind of reply from Consulate. Is anyone in the same boat?? Please post your responses.

Originally posted by chennai_oct23
Hi Guys,
My interview is on 23rdOCT. I'm planning to leave on 16. I read at some other thread on this site that if you have paid $335.00 per person to NVC along with your packet-3 papers, then you dont have to pay visa-issuance fee at Chennai. I emailed Chennai Consulate about this and got the same reply that "You dont have to pay any fee if you have already paid $335.00 to NVC". Guys, did anybody get this kind of reply from Consulate. Is anyone in the same boat?? Please post your responses.

I asked the same question to Chennai and got a reply sayng that I NEED NOT PAY ANYTHING (EXCEPT BLUE DART COURIER FEES) IF I HAVE ALREADY PAID
$335.00

That makes sense because Dept of State recently increased immigrant visa fees from $260+$65 to $335.00, a $10.00 increase. Also now the visa fee has to be paid in one single draft of $335 each. No more splitting into issuance fee and application fee.

Chennai's Packet 4 documentation is in error regarding fees.

I checked this with NVC also and they said the same thing, i.e if I have already paid $335 to NVC, no need to pay anything at the consulate.

I hope this helps!

BTW my interview is also on Oct 23rd. I am registered as nkm2061 in cptracker.

nkm-oct23,
Thanks for your reply. Your reply reinforced my decision to not to make a DD for $65. Instead, I'll be carrying a print-out of the email from Chennai Consulate. I did not register in cp-tracker. See you at the consulate. Good Luck!!!

State Tax transcript required?

All,

I've got federal tax transcripts for 1999, 2000 and 2001 from IRS.

Do I need to get one for State Tax too?

Please advise.

IndiaCP

Re: State Tax transcript required?

Originally posted by IndiaCP
All,

I've got federal tax transcripts for 1999, 2000 and 2001 from IRS.

Do I need to get one for State Tax too?

Please advise.

IndiaCP

NO, STATE TAX RETURNS ARE NOT REQUIRED.

Transit Visa

CPINDIA -- check out this URL..

hope this helps...

http://www.consulfrance-washington....s/visasen.htm#8

LocalMadras thanks for the Info.According to this site I need not take any Transit Visa but heard through somebody that taking it is better.I wanted to know if any of you guys are planning to take it.

Oct 29th CP date

Hey Guys,

Need some help. I have a Oct 29th date, but have not recieved my Packet 4 as of yet. Apparently the consulate sent it to my local US address.

My lawyer however recieved my appt letter from the consulate and I plan to take it with me.

Can someone give me the details of the documents needed as per the packet 4.

In addition, I would like to understand the fees (the courier fees and the issuance fee), how much are they and do they need to be DD.

All help is much appreciated.

Tks.

Re: Oct 29th CP date

u can look for the details in this thread jonnals has posted information regarding this(i guess 4th page in this thread).

if you have paid $335 to NVC then you need not take any more DD's (as per Chennai Consulate) u have to only pay the Courier fees and that will be $250 + $50 * n

Originally posted by subraj
Hey Guys,

Need some help. I have a Oct 29th date, but have not recieved my Packet 4 as of yet. Apparently the consulate sent it to my local US address.

My lawyer however recieved my appt letter from the consulate and I plan to take it with me.

Can someone give me the details of the documents needed as per the packet 4.

In addition, I would like to understand the fees (the courier fees and the issuance fee), how much are they and do they need to be DD.

All help is much appreciated.

Tks.