$$$ Confirmed $$$ - Chennai - October Interview - please track here

That should be fine KSC - You have plenty of time. If you are done with the medical tests on 22nd morning before 9 am, may be you can finish the doctor visit that evening and relax the next 2 days (better to have 2 working days in buffer).

My interview is on 29th and I am leaving on 22nd by lufthansa from Miami. I would reach home on 24th around 2 AM and am planning to finish all on one day on 25th Friday. I have 2 days in buffer (Sat & Mon).

I thought we can meet at the Consulate, but I do not know why mine was shifted to 29th.

Where are you planning to stay ?

CPINDIA - Looks like crystalresidency is economical and close to everything (consulate, konica, lister, bank, etc..)

Good luck to you and all CPers

Miami

I am planning to stay at my Uncle's place.
I think you missed Oct 25th interview by 4 or 5 appointments in between.

GOOD LUCK MIAMI.

Thanks
KSC

Miami/KSC, I've the following Q's

Miami/KSC, I've the following Q's:

I spoke to my lawyer this Morning and he said the following:

1. IRS 9003 is not required. Is it True?

2. I-864 evidence of support is not required as I-134 is only required for Employment based category. Is it True?

3. Mine and my wife's Birth certificateS were issued in 2001. The earlier birth certificates didn't have the name and/or the spelling correct.
I asked my lawyer do I need to take birth affidavits from my parents as the birth certificate were issued in 2001. He said not Required if your latest birth certificate issued in 2001 is correct entirely.
Is it True?
To be safe is it advisable to get Birth affidavit still.

Please advise.

Thanks,
IndiaCP

IndiaCP - Your lawyer is correct for all your 3 questions. If you have valid birth certificate with your correct name on it, then it is fine. You need not take an affidavit from your parents.

Mine was also issue in 2001 and it has only my first name on it. I am not taking any affidavit.

Re: to Desigult

hi jonnals,
Iam having my Interview on Oct 29th I got my P4 yesterday
at Bangalore.. Iam also planning on leaving Detroit on Oct 18th
to Bangalore. where did you get the tickets to India how much
did it cost you.. Can you let me know your email so that I
can check with you about your interview details.. When is your
interview.
thanks

Originally posted by jonnals
hi Desigult,

i'm leaving on 17th of oct from detroit. see you there at the consulate. yet to start working on the required documents. got to get my second of vaccinations here before i leave. don't forget to carry the vaccination records.

my interview is on OCT 22nd.

Thanks Miami

Thanks Miami for your reply...

FYI... I got the employment letter today (Also notorized).

Everything is OK except the notorized person's license expires on Oct 9 and my Interview is on oct 23.

Per lawyer this should be OK.

IndiaCP

I am leaving on 12 Oct. My interview is on 22 Oct.
After finishing medical I plan to visit Hyderabad before the
interview.

I want to finish collecting all the documents by end of this week.

desigult

Is Transit Visa Needed?

Hi,
I am flying via Paris.I wanted to know if I will need to take transit visa from French Consulate.
Thanks
CPIndia

Interview on Oct 29th

hi miami,
My interview is also on 29th !! so hopefully we can
meet at the consulate.. my email is raki_sg@hotmail.com
can you email me your contact.. Iam planning on leaving to
India on Oct 18th..

thanks

Originally posted by miami
IndiaCP - Your lawyer is correct for all your 3 questions. If you have valid birth certificate with your correct name on it, then it is fine. You need not take an affidavit from your parents.

Mine was also issue in 2001 and it has only my first name on it. I am not taking any affidavit.

miami

I got my Employment letter
Here is the format.

(current date)

American Consulate General
220 Anna Salai
Gemini Circle
Chennai 600 006
INDIA

Dear Sir/Madam:

The purpose of this letter is to confirm that
(company name) employs (MY NAME) on a full-time basis as a (POSITION or Your Job Title), and in such capacity, he earns an annual salary of $ _________.00. It is our intention to continue to employ (MY NAME) in such capacity immediately upon his receipt of Lawful Permanent Resident status.

Should any further information be required, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Very truly yours,

BY: _______________________________

I got the above format from my Lawyer. What do you guys Think?

Let me know

Thanks
KSC

Vikhy

My email is sriniclt@hotmail.com
Can you email me your contact number so that we can be in touch as our Interview dates are same.

To Miami:

I am planning to get Medicals done on Oct 23rd.
Going to chennai on 22nd evening.

What do you think about my plan? Is 23rd OK or do you want me to get my medicals done on 22nd.

Let me know

Thanks
ksc

Ksc - 23rd should be fine.

Regarding your employment letter, did'nt your lawyer insist to specify the job description ? I am not quite sure of this. Could someone shed some light on this, if we need to specify anything about job description, that matches LC?

Ksc - I am sorry, I did not mean to scare you, but curious to know if job description is necessary or not.

Thanks

Miami/Ksc

Miami/Ksc,

Yes. It's better to have the same job description mentioned in your Labor Cert.

I asked my lawyer and he said the employment letter should state the job description in 1-2 lines minimum.

IndiaCP

Originally posted by miami
Ksc - 23rd should be fine.

Regarding your employment letter, did'nt your lawyer insist to specify the job description ? I am not quite sure of this. Could someone shed some light on this, if we need to specify anything about job description, that matches LC?

Ksc - I am sorry, I did not mean to scare you, but curious to know if job description is necessary or not.

Thanks
Completed CP interview in August successfully in chennai.
My employment letter did not have the job description. I was worried about that before interview but it was fine.
The consular officer would retain the original copy of the letter.

Thanks

Received P4 in US today!!!

Guys,

My lawyer received P4 today from Chennai consulate. It took exactly 2 weeks to get P4.

Hope everyone else will also get soon.

IndiaCP