Confirmed Chennai February 2004 Appointments

sb245491,

You can have both lister lab test and doctor appt on same day.
Don't worry much about this. It is very very simple process.

Goto lister lab between 8 am and 10 am. They collect your blood and take chest x-ray. They give you a receipt and ask you to come by 5pm. You go there by 4:30 pm only.
After collecting the lab report in the evening, go directly to dr. V (However, appt in not necessary, it is better to take an appointment atleast 2 days before. Main reason is - these days there are many CP interviews in chennai and most of chennai CPers are preferring Dr. V. especially couples. So take appointment with dr v)

She checks the lab reports first and then your vitals like BP, Height, weight. Asks if you have taken any immunization vaccines. If not she will give them. After that she completes the report and gives it to you.

Also, make sure that you take your lab report and directly goto dr. Dr V' s clinic name is padma nursing home and landmarks are after Ega theatre and pachiappa college. From lister, auto guy may charge 40 Rs.

For lister labs: you need passport size photo, interview letter, passports (including dependents also)
For doctor: you need lab reports, passport, passport size photo, interview letter.
Also you need to have the medical cover letter from consulate.

So unless you have very complicated medical history (like TB, etc etc) you don't have to worry about medicals.
Both lab tests and doctor checkup can be done in one day.

For Your Info...

My wife took three affidavits of marriage to interview, but IO rejected these and he wanted Registered Marriage Certificate (MC). I learned that my presence is required to get registered MC. So, I am going to India on this Friday to get Registered Marriage Certificate. I hope everything will be completed within a week. Developments will be posted after our successful interview.
:eek: :eek: :confused:

Help Needed

Guys,

Help needed for me.

From the time I 140 gets approved how long it took for you guys for the interview date getting confirmed.

Please reply.

spalghat:

This information is there across the site. It normally takes about 6-8 months to get cp interview after I-140 approval!

gcfeeling:

So r you saying that consular officer did not accept the affidavit given by the priest who performed the marriage? Keep us posted!

kd1403

Yes! IO didn’t accept the Affidavits of marriage taken from Priest and Parents. I will post updates in few days.
:cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

Prash, usa04, elangoshu, and other feb interviewers,

once again congrats to you all...

Can you share your poe, experience with ssn, welcome letters etc.?

cpzinga

We landed in BWI (Baltimore Washington International) yesterday (03/15/2004). We stood in US Citizens line at immigration section. The IO collected the packet given by consulate, passports and customs form. Someone else guided us into some other room where some more candidates waiting.
We saw five candidates before us. Two of them rejected due to different reasons. And remain three allowed into USA. Our names called after 40 minutes of waiting.
Our case:
IO: called us by family (last) name.
We: we stood and said yes sir.
IO checked all passports and photographs and my GC.
IO: You (he was looking at me) are the XYZ?
Me: Yes! I am XYZ.
IO: How did you get your GC?
Me: Employment based. (But I guess his intention was who sponsored me.)
IO: What do you do for living?
Me: ABCDEF…
IO: How long have you been in USA?
Me: XX Years
IO: (Pointing at my wife and kids) are these…
Me: She is my wife and this is my son and this is my daughter….
IO: I would complete all formalities in couple of seconds. He took index finger print and signatures from my family members on I-551 forms. (Brought some stamps from other room. Stamped temporary green card stamp on passports. He explained how this temp I-551 works. He also said Welcome to USA. We all said thanks.)

I hope it helps…
For full FTJ story...
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?postid=721817#post721817

:D :cool: :D :cool:

GCFEELING,

Congrats and all the Best... Even I am planning to land in BWI.
Its nice to know that you had cool experience!!!

Soon, you will be getting welcome letters and others. Enjoy post-GC life peacefully!

I had my interview on 26th Feb. Consular Officer did not accept notarized marriage certificate issued by the relegious authorities or sworn in affidavits from our parents. I was asked to produce a marriage certificate from the qazi of the district. I submitted this on 11th of March and I am told that my case is in admin process and they will notify me once that is over. I have ho clue how long it will take. I have confirmed tickets for 23rd March. It is difficult to get tickets now and it is going to cost me lot of money.

I guess they are verifiying the authenticity of the marriage certificate and Qazi.

Does anyone here know howlong is it going to take?

Originally posted by thanickel
I had my interview on 26th Feb. Consular Officer did not accept notarized marriage certificate issued by the relegious authorities or sworn in affidavits from our parents. I was asked to produce a marriage certificate from the qazi of the district. I submitted this on 11th of March and I am told that my case is in admin process and they will notify me once that is over. I have ho clue how long it will take. I have confirmed tickets for 23rd March. It is difficult to get tickets now and it is going to cost me lot of money.

I guess they are verifiying the authenticity of the marriage certificate and Qazi.

Does anyone here know howlong is it going to take?

I suspect this is yet another case of 'namecheck'. For the last
one year or so we are seeing these types delays. One reason
could be how common ones name is. In such cases they will take
more time to verify in depth to rule out any criminal or such
background. I don't think this is due to your marriage certificate.

In all the cases we have read here in the forum, the visas were
issued after 2 to 4 weeks. So you should probably let this run its
course. There is not much you can do other than getting more
information from the forum(s) by researching.

Raju

Welcome and Card Query

Hello Gurus!

I entered SFO on 5th March and wanted to know how long does it take to get welcome letters/cards. I had given my friends address in DS-230 for sending cards. Will I get cards at my address or at my friends address? Appreciate your reply.

guycp:

I entered SFO on 5th March and wanted to know how long does it take to get welcome letters/cards.

Answer: 2-3 weeks for welcome letter from DOE and plastic cards in another 2-3 weeks after receiving the letters.

==============================================

I had given my friends address in DS-230 for sending cards. Will I get cards at my address or at my friends address? Appreciate your reply.

Answer: Friends address since you mentioned that in your ds 230 unless you changed that address at time of your interview/ @ POE.

got GC and SS last week

Got the GC last week as also the Soc. Sec card..

But ofcouse something had to go wrong...

A new SocSec nbr was issued instead of the old one with the restriction removed. Went to the socSec off yesterday to find out what was going on.. INS had interchanged my wife's parents name with that for me. Hence a new SocSec was issued because of that... The lady took both cards and said I should receive a new card with the old nbr but with restrictions removed...

prash57:

Sorry this happened! This is what I call a GOOGLY!

May be this happened coz none of us got an invite for a party that was earlier promised on your successful cp! :D Is my memory good or what!

prash57

Do you mean USCIS mailed your SSN cards along with your Plastic card? I got this question because I applied for SSN for my family members at SSA office in Maryland and we are waiting for physical GC. In that case my family members will get two SS Numbers.
Just I am curious….
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

gcfeeling:

Socil Security cards are issued by SSA Office and physical GC is issued by TSC office of USCIS. There are two seperate organizations having nothing to do with each other.

gcfeeling in your case dont worry no two SSN's will be assigned to the same family member. But if that does happen then SSA office would need some IT consultants to fix this bug!

Raju, Thank you for the info!

All PCCs I submitted for my GC were valid at the time of interview. As my case under admin process and if it goes beyond April 3rd my PCC will expire.

Do I need to get a new PCC?

Originally posted by thanickel
Raju, Thank you for the info!

All PCCs I submitted for my GC were valid at the time of interview. As my case under admin process and if it goes beyond April 3rd my PCC will expire.

Do I need to get a new PCC?

Since it was valid at the time of submission to the Consulate,
they should not raise this as a point. It would be dumb if they do so.

You don't have to worry about this.

Raju