Confirmed Chennai February 2004 Appointments

cpzinga

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I have called Chennai consulate today to findout about my interview date. It will be on 18th Feb and the operator said that they have already sent my packet 4. Waiting for it.

So I need to start collecting my documents...

Those who are expecting feb interview can call (44-28112060) and findout about their status.

I have taken a Police Clearence Certificate from Police authorities in india, apart from the one I took from RPO.

This doesn't have my photo on it. Has anyone taken PCC from indian police authorities and have it without photo on it?

The one RPO issued has photo on it.
I just want to know if it is ok to have PCC without our photo on it.

Eb2 Interview is confirmed for Feb 18 at 9.00 Am. Just called chennai consulate and got the info. Still no reply to the e-mail I have sent though.

Just called and mine is on 26th of February at 11AM. I am so thrilled.

Is it Ok if I do the Medical Tests on 9th of Feb for 26th Feb Interview?

EB3

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats and all the best for the Interview....

Is it Ok if I do the Medical Tests on 9th of Feb for 26th Feb Interview?
A)
No Problem.
You can do medicals on 9th Feb and attend interview on 26th Feb.

Interview on 19thFeb

Got a reply to my email from Consulate.. Here's my info

Category : EB2
Interview Date : Feb 19th... dont know time....
POE: Hou
Tentative flt schedule : Fri13th - Sun28th

Do u guys know if 18 thFeb is a holiday in India... Plannin to do my medicals on 16th, with 17th and 18th as buffer dates...

any comments ???

Prash,

For appointment time, we need to wait for 2 days for chennai consulate to post Feb appointments to their web site. I think the site gets updated every month 15th or 16th.

18th is not a holiday and also my interview is on that day.

You medicals schedule is fine. Because you have 3 days gap.

Most Likely Feb

Guys,

My case was forwarded on Dec 19th to Chennai so would check with them tonight to see whether my interview is scheduled for Feb. Also let me know if any of u are taking pcc in india. I have taken from local consulate. Also I had another question my wife is in india for last 3 months, do u think I should get PCC for her in india? Thanks in advance and wish u all good luck for CP. Share ur experieneces.

Is PCC from India required? How to find out possible CP interview date?

I have seen several of you talking of getting a police clearance certificate from India for the CP interview. At other places on this forum I have read that this is not required. This is confusing! Could someone please clarify if there is some such requirement. I already have PCC for my wife and myself from the Indian Consulate in Chicago.

Also, my papers were forwarded to the Chennai consulate on the 7th of Jan. from the NVC. When I called them on 13th Jan 9:30AM IST the lady already had my case and told me that nothing scheduled for me as yet. When I asked for a tentative date she said maybe end of Feb or early to mid March. Is there a better way to find out the possible date?

cpzinga, where will the packet 4 be delivered? India or US ?
cpzingz, usa04, prash57 & thanickel, when were your papers forwarded to India from NVC? guys, i'm just trying to guesstimate my interview date!!

Confirmed!!

Guys,

I called up Chennai and my interview is confirmed on Feb 18th. Let me know what is the best time to do medical as I need to plan my trip. Lets hope for the best. This forum is just great.

sb245491:

Police Clearence Certificates in India are for those who are residing in India while their CP process is going on. In my case, I am in india so I have taken PCC from RPO and Local Police Commisioner in India.
If you have been residing in US, then you don't need one from India. You can take the PCC from CGIs in US. That is the only PCC required for you and your wife. But make sure that it is not older than 6 months.

Your papers have been forwarded to Consulate on 7th Jan. Then your interview will be in March. I am saying this based on previous experiences (including mine). Generally it is 2 to 2 and half months if the case is forwarded in the first half of a month. So, you can expect an interview in mid if march or 4th week of march. But you should check with consulate first. In a day or 2, chennai consulate will post their appointment list for feb on their web site. Check there and if yours is not listed then it will be in March only.

Packet 4 will be delivered to your US address if you haven't specified any indian address. If you want them to send your packet 4 to your Indian address, call them or mail them with details.
My papers were forwarded to chennai consulate on 1st dec, 2003.

guycp:

Congrats and All the Best for you Interview. Better keep minimum 2 days gap between your medicals and Interview. Since Feb 18th is wednus day, I think you have to go for medicals on 13th feb, friday.
14th (saturday) is a holiday (But we need to confirm this again)
15 th is sunday.

Then you have monday and tuesday before interview.
I read in previous threads that some doctors are open on saturday also. Better call them to take an appointment and find out this information.

Let us do that...

medical!!!

CPZinga

thanks for the reply. I could't agree more with u here. Do u have info on phone numbers of doctors etc..would love to have them.
Also I am assuming that PCC is not required for me from India as I have taken from SFO.

You said 'I could't agree more with u here.' Regarding what? If it is reg. medicals, i gave my opinion. Please confirm with others and plan your schedule. But generally keeping 2 days min. buffer is better...

Yes you don't require PCC from india as you have taken it in US.

Last edited by a moderator:
sb245491 ,

my case was forwarded on Dec 3rd2003.
My interview date is Feb19th.
Proposed Medical Date: Feb 16th .

guys,
do u know if its ok to make appointments with 2 doctors at the same time.. reason is I want a lady doc 'cause of my wife, but Dr.Vijayalakshmi is open only til 4pm, and I can get lister report only after 4:30 pm..So was thinkin that would make appointment with Dr.Rajkumar on 16th arnd 6:00 pm , and keep Dr.Vijayalakshmi as a backup incase my wife does not feel comforatble with some of the tests... The thing is we dont know what tests to expect, hence the confusion...

plz advice....

Cpzinga

I said I totally agree with u in regard to medical schedule. Have u fixed ur appointments? Also I am planning to file my 2003 tax and then go for CP. .

Medicals for wife -- lady Dr.?; PCC- US or India?

prash57 & others:

I too am interested in finding out what the medical involves? Is it better to get a lady doctor for my wife's medical?

Another question, with reference to my previous post and cpzinga's answer regarding PCC.:

My wife entered the US on Aug.3rd 2003, we applied for PCC (at Indian Consulate in Chicago) around Oct. 5th 2003 and collected it on Dec.1st 2003. I am expecting an interview date in the Mid March 2003 range.

Are we correct in getting her PCC from the US or should she get one from India seperately? This doubt is on the basis of the fact that she had not completed six months in the US when she applied for PCC here (not sure if there is any such qualifying date). Should I email the consulate and get a clearance for this?

Could someone please clarify???

now, i'm confused too...:-(

I got the PCC only from consulate in US for my wife...

here's her scenario..
- she got her passport issued in Apr2002 in Blore
- she came to US in Sep03
- She got a new passport issued from IndianConsualte in US in sep03, due to a name change
- she got a PCC and corresponding stamp in NEW passport from the IndianConsulate in US, in Sep03

can anyone tell me if she needs a PCC from India

Re: Medicals for wife -- lady Dr.?; PCC- US or India?

Originally posted by sb245491
prash57 & others:

I too am interested in finding out what the medical involves? Is it better to get a lady doctor for my wife's medical?

Another question, with reference to my previous post and cpzinga's answer regarding PCC.:

My wife entered the US on Aug.3rd 2003, we applied for PCC (at Indian Consulate in Chicago) around Oct. 5th 2003 and collected it on Dec.1st 2003. I am expecting an interview date in the Mid March 2003 range.

Are we correct in getting her PCC from the US or should she get one from India seperately? This doubt is on the basis of the fact that she had not completed six months in the US when she applied for PCC here (not sure if there is any such qualifying date). Should I email the consulate and get a clearance for this?

Could someone please clarify???

She is right in obtaining the PCC from the Consulate here.
She is a currently residing in USA and this is the only PCC
that is required.

You may, if you want seek clarification from the consulate.

Raju