Confirmed Chennai February 2004 Appointments

prash:

The only 2 documents that need to be notarized are emp letter and i-134. AS far as other documents listed on ds 2001 link above you can carry photocopies (not certified/ not notarized) and carry originals of the same. The documetn collecting person @consulate will check photocopies against your originals and take the photocopies and hence you do not need to get those other documents notarized.

Do not combine your papers with your spouses papers. What I did was bought a $5 13 seperator transparent folder from office depot and in one section put all my required documents, in another section all my wife's documents, 3rd section all roiginal, 4th section wife's originals and so on...

At the time of interview the person collecting documents will first colelct for you and then for your wife!

cpzinga:

My dear mother in law has one DOB on her passport and another on her BC. So in my wife's ds 230 part 1, I had one birth date for m-i-l and for my wife's birth affidavits another date although i had asked my m-i-l to create 1 affidavit with her passport DOB and another with her BC DOB...BUT, in all the excitement @ the consulate, i turned in the affidavit which was inconsistent with the DOB i had shown in my ds 230...when i was getting interview i saw a circle around my m-i-l DOB text box on my wife's ds 230 par 1 form hence my guess is they had found the error but did not question thinkingit was a clerical mistake.

cpzinga:

I personally do not see an issue at least for the CP interview but if you have the time i would still recommend carrying an affidavit. It is always better to be safe than sorry!

And definitely in the long term or when you are ready to get another passport make sure that the passport authorities effect the name change in your passport

Medical Tests - Details

KD & other Friends,

What are all the tests done in medicals?

What tests does lister lab perform?

what does the doctor check for?

I assume they the tests are for tb, hiv, etc.

Any detailed information would be appreiciated.

cpzinga:

This medical examination document answers most of your questions:

http://madras.sphynx.com/download/MedicalExamCoverLetter.pdf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are all the tests done in medicals?
Answer: Full Physical examination which includes height, weight, blood work, chest x-ray
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What tests does lister lab perform?
Answer: See above link
what does the doctor check for?
Answer: REviews the Lister Lab reports and any additional reports that you may carry if there was a past medical history/ surgery.

Basically as far as vacinnations one gets MMR (if one does not have a proof of having taken it from the past), Tetanus, Chicken Pox (if one has not had it in the past) ... and the main thing doctors are looking out for is any type of contagious disease that could result into an epidemic such as TB, HIV....

medical examination

Exactly what kind of info do u need to supply , to show that u had already taken all the reqd shots(tb, malaria, etc...). I dont haven any medical/vaccination report. But I do have a doctor's letter addressed to consulate, issued 6 yrs back, when I went for my student visa, stating that I have been vaccinated for a bunch of viruses( with the list of vaccinations listed out ) ... Can I still use that to show the doctor that I have been vaccinated ???

Maybe the letter would suffice, in the
absence of an immunization report.

But, many of these vaccinations "expire"
in a few years.

Typically, almost all med. insurance policies
will cover immunizations even for adults
(and generally there isn't a copay associated
either ...)

u can have titers drawn for chicken pox
virus (if u've had chicken pox) in ur childhood.

prash:

I concur with cbeguy that your immunization records provided they are signed by your family physician may be enough to avoid some of the vaccinations but again it is the discretion of the doctor you meet for your cp medical check up in chennai.

Frankly speaking dont get hassled and just take the required vaccines in India as they do not have any major sife effects and more over not taking MMR/ Tetanus would not save any money!

The following is found on the medical report letter, above the physician's signature section.

"The person named above has been medically examined by me and my report is submitted on the attached DS forms."

Does it mean that the reports are attached with DS 230 forms OR the doctor has to do anything on DS 230 form?

I assume that all we need is only passport, passport size photograph, medical cover letter, fees and interview appointment letters.

1. Can we use any photos for lister and physician tests?
2. Do we need to use the same medical cover letter for lab and doctor?
3. I have recd. appointment letter with my name and wife's name. Later i have added my baby to case. They have added it but they didn't send any letter. Will the doctor accept to check my baby? The operators in the consulate say that they have already posted but i haven't recd the letter. I have emailed them twice reg. this and No response, though they say that they had.

cpzinga:

One your medicals are complete the doctor will discuss medical results and give your the medical report in a sealed envelope which you need to carry for the cp interview.

1. Can we use any photos for lister and physician tests?
Answer: Passport photos are good..carry 3 of them per person...no need for immigration style photos.

2. Do we need to use the same medical cover letter for lab and doctor?
Answer: Yes. Carry one blank just in case.

3. Will the doctor accept to check my baby?
Answer: If you do not receive the CORRECTED appointment letter with your child's name on it in usa ... you can always ask the consulate to mail it to your indian address or you can stop by and pick it up.

wish me luck

well, getting ready to leave for Ind tomorrow.. Here's my schedule and hopefully some of us might meet at the medicals or consulate..

Feb 16 : Lister(morn), Dr. Vijayalakshmi (evening).
Feb 17 : pondicherry, mahabalipuram ,....
Feb 18 : relax, spencer etc...
Feb 19 : Interview

Hopefully will be able to post some positive experience once i get back on the 20th..

Wish me luck...

prash:

Needless to say, all our wishes are with you! Do enjoy your trip to pondicherry, mahabalipuram....

Definitely do not forget the PARTY promise you made last week!:D
When you have a successful interview and return to usa publish your home address on this portal and don't be surprised to have a lot more friends than you ever imagined at the your doorsteps! :D

In I-134:

If I am working in india, my annual income will be in Rs. only.
In the columns where it asks for annual income details (in $), what shall i write? Shall i convert my annual income form INR to USD? Or leave it blank since i don't get any USD income?

Sameway, what shall i answer to other questions like property values (say, i own a house in india), stocks bonds, bank balance etc? Can some one answer?

cpzinga:

I think the best to do is put all amounts in Rs in the blanks provided and to the left of those blanks convert the RS into $ using an approximation such as 1$ = $45.5 and state that assumed conversion rate somewhere clearly visible on your I-134.

Again feel free to carry a blank I-134 for the interview so that if the consular officer is not happy with it then you can write up another I-134 and get it notarized from one of the other consular officers since many of them are notary public.

I would suggest just show salary and bank balance in checking and savings...no need to show stocks and property. The importance of I-134 is just to make sure you have enough funds to support yourself and dependents. What is enough is relative!

COOOOOOOOL........

I had my interview on 18th feb and It was a cool experience.

Thanks to all who are helping this forum with their suggestions (especially KD, Raju). Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for hosting such a useful forum.

I wish all the Best for future CPers...

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Also, any doubt you have, post it on the forum - that helps you and others as well....

cpzinga:

Heartiest congratulations! It is always nice to hear when the cp interview goes smooth!

So when are you coming to usa? I understand you have been working in india so far. When you get a chance please share your experience since you are amongst a few who worked in india for a company while your GC was being processed - like questions asked. Did they ask about the affidavits...i know you had a number off questions around affidavits topic. Do keep us posted about your POE and details around it!

Well ... Live life king size!

prash57, usa04 (& others) -

I see that both of you have scheduled your labs as well as Dr.V appointments for the same day.

How did you manage that?

I understand that Lister will give you your reports between 4:30pm and 5:30pm. However, Dr.V's shop is open between 10am and 4pm. Currently, I am having to wait till next day for the doctor's appointment.

If possible, I'd like to do both on the same day.

I currently have planned Lister for 10th Mar. and Dr.V for 11th Mar. AM.

Also, how long is the commute between these two places?

Thanks!

Hi sb245491

Yesterday i called Dr V. Lakshmi, she given me appointment at 5:30PM. She asked me to come direct to the her hospital, after collecting the document from lab. i think you can call and talk to her...

My interview is on March '18th
Lab and Doc on March 15th

-Bhaskar