***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

I have my interview on 26th Aug. The tax transcripts are required for the interview. You can get a copy of the Federal returns filed by calling IRS at 1-800-829-1040.
There is another thread for likely August 2003 interview in which you may find additional info.

Jay.

It takes ~10 days for the irs
to mail the tax transcripts.
You may be able to get it immediately
if you go to your local irs office.
I have also read of instances where
applicants provided photocopies of
their tax returns (instead of transcripts
from irs)

Disclaimer: use above info. at your own risk

Thanks cbeguy and jchandra,
I have just spoke to irs rep....and i will be getting tax transacripts in few days.
also do i need a bank letter(financial support)...i know mine is empolyment based immigration..but is it good to have this letter? If yes, is there a standard format for this letter?
thanks in avdance,
Rao

Originally posted by rao2345
I have just spoke to irs rep....and i will be getting tax transacripts in few days.
also do i need a bank letter(financial support)...i know mine is empolyment based immigration..but is it good to have this letter? If yes, is there a standard format for this letter?
thanks in avdance,
Rao

I think it is advisable to get this letter. The banks in US call this as "verfication of deposit". Generally it is given when a lender needs to verfiy your deposit. You can request your bank for this. The format is generally...
To whom it may concern.
This is to certify that MR. XXX has a a/c with us. The details are as below ...
A/C#
Name:
Deposits Since opening:
Current Balance:

I think if you ask your bank for "verfication of deposit" they will know what to do.

All the best@

Originally posted by rao2345
thanks in avdance,
Rao

Rao,

You had mentioned that you are from Dallas. The easiest way is to go the local IRS office and u can get the transcripts right there. I got mine done during lunch break.

Booker

Does it make sense to go CP Now...instead of AOS

Hi Friends,

I am in a big dilema, Kindly suggest!!!!!

I am applying for 140 now, and what to do CP.

But the concern is, is it worth doing as the time period for CP looks same as AOS.
The current dates of vermount I-140 is 10/10/02 and 485 is 1/1/02

If I go for CP, to get my 140 it takes 8-9 months...seeing the present current date and after that for the CP around 5-6 months.
so total I guess it make take around 14-15 months.

Now if instead I choose AOS it take 16-17 months.

Is my estimate of dates currents??
Can you suggest me which processing i should choose.

Thanks,
Ram

Hi ,

Experience folks please give your opinion
I am applying for 140 now, and wondering if to take up CP or AOS
Its Texax service center.I looks like texas is not movig fast like other service centers.Our lawyer has left the decision to us.
Looks like it takes around 8 months for 140 to get cleared.and 485 seems to take for ever at Texas.How long does it take to get CP interview once 140 is cleared at texas?.Is it a big risk going for CP.All your suggestions are appreciated.As its a big decision we would like to take the inputs from all experienced people.

Thanks,
Jagadish

To start, the reasons for CP rejection are the same reasons for AOS rejection. SO there is no significant difference!

Needless to say research more but at a high level DO CP if:
1. Youve (and other applicants) been been in status throughout your stay in usa. And there is no criminal/ illegal/ unlawful / fraudulent past.
2. There is no contagious medical condition (like hiv/ syphilis/ std...).
3. Your job is 100% secured for the time of I-140 and until CP interview atleast.

From I-140 approval it takes about 6-8 months to get cp interview assuming everything is smooth.

While basically agreeing with what kdivekar said above, I would
like to add:

1. CP offers quicker way to hold the GC in your hand as compared
to AOS.

2. AOS offers the safety net of being able to change the employer
after you complete 180 days from the date of filing of 485.

3. AOS offers the advantage of your spouse being able to work
on EAD (if applicable).

As already stated above, it is absolutely essential to hold on to
your job till you complete the cp interview.

Raju

Question!

Guys,

Apart from the above factors, For CP, how important is the follwing from the employment perspective

1.Nature of employer's business (Consulting or big coporation)

2. Turnover of revenue

3. Owned by desi

4. Number of employees

My employer has about 2.5 million turnover/year and about 30 persons working for him and primarily a consulting co and a typical desi company.

Please advice..
Thanks
Ramji

Hello
I have a consulate interview scheduled in March and would like to know how much minimum assets in savings acct does consulate looks for on DS230 form.
Do they also consider IRA/401K deposits and other Indian accts.

Please note that I have an employement based case and I am presently working for company in US.

Regards
mt2003cp

ramji:

The nature of business, size or revenue does not really matter since al of this is verified at the time of labor certification or even at time of I-140 process in case of labor substitute.

Bottom line is at the time of cp interview your GC sponsoring employer should be in a position to provide you the job for which LC was filed and at minimum pay the salary mentioned in the LC. Thats all! And this can be verified based on your W-2 for last 3 years plus notarized employment letter.

mt2003cp:

To start with there no place for money information on ds 230 form. I think you are thinking on I-134 form which is affidavit of support. In that you can specify your salary plus money in checking and savings account. There is no explicit $ amount that consulate is looking for. Basically you should hve enough to support your family which should be covered between your salary and bank accounts. There is no need to show investments/ 401K and so on.

Make sure to carry I-134 notarized for the interview as it is a required document!

kd1403 said:
mt2003cp:

To start with there no place for money information on ds 230 form. I think you are thinking on I-134 form which is affidavit of support. In that you can specify your salary plus money in checking and savings account. There is no explicit $ amount that consulate is looking for. Basically you should hve enough to support your family which should be covered between your salary and bank accounts. There is no need to show investments/ 401K and so on.

Make sure to carry I-134 notarized for the interview as it is a required document!

Do i need to fill I-134 forms for my wife ,my daughter and one for me
or only for my wife and my daughter
Thanks
VJ

VJ2002 said:
Do i need to fill I-134 forms for my wife ,my daughter and one for me
or only for my wife and my daughter
Thanks
VJ

You will need one for your wife and one for your daughter. You don't need
one.

Raju

RE: Bangalore local police PCC

OK, now that I have completed my Mumbai PCC's I am heading to Bangalore for the local police PCC.
Anyone knowing where to go, whom to contact?
Will greatly appreciate info input.
Thanking you in advance,
GCM
(Forgive me if this is seen in multiple postings - I am really desperate for an answer)

No the appointment letter can be obtained by sending an email to the chennai consulate. PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL THE BENEFITIARY's names are included in your email. I recently got my CP Approval (July'04).