***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

congrats

Congrats tagretgc and pujpran....

Did you have your stocks listed in I-134?. Please give some info on providing the list of stocks. Did you attach a sperate sheet listing the stocks?. Is fidelity monthly statement enough as proof?

Also, Did you have your attorney signed in your I-134 ( if it was prepared by him)?. He sent me the flled I-134 in eemail and told me to take a print out, sign it infront a notary and get it notarized. I don't have his sign in the column for the signature on the person who has prepared the document. He just have typed his name and address and he said, it's fine not to have his signature and my signature and notary public's sign is what important. Is this fine?.

Thanks.

sumathi

i have seen your numerous postings regarding I-134, they really dont care a whole lot for this if you are employment based and your salary requirement is above poverty level, so quit worrying about your assets, just take your bank statement and fidelity, whether you have 1 million or 100,000 does not really matter as long as you have a valid employment offer which is above poverty level

passport question!

hi all,

do you know if chennai requires the passport has to be amended to show the spouse name ( for the husband) ? I saw something to that effect for the wife ( for maiden name thing) on immihelp.com, and wanted to know if anyone knows more about it.

thanks!!

Question after interview

Thanks to this group for sharing 'loads' of info.. Thanks much for creating such a nice discussion board. i had a succesfull interview last week at chennai. Got a packet at home from consulate.. Wonder if i could open the packet? I need to get my Passport for the travel back. Anybody who has gone thru this, could u please enlighten me on this.. I will be calling the consulate tomorrow to know about this..

Thanks

depends on which packet

congrats! Please take the time and share your interview experience.

as for the packet, the sealed packet consulate gives you is NOT to be opened by you - the POE INS officers will do it for you. Maybe other CPers can answer, but ofcourse, the bluedart packet will contain the CP packet..

Re: passport question!

I got my passport endorsed with spouse name at indian consulate, san francisco. they return the passport the same day of applying.

- ckv

Originally posted by manish_r0
hi all,

do you know if chennai requires the passport has to be amended to show the spouse name ( for the husband) ? I saw something to that effect for the wife ( for maiden name thing) on immihelp.com, and wanted to know if anyone knows more about it.

thanks!!

Re: Re: cpnvc talk to travel agent or defjam

Hi XML,

You mentioned you had to show "IV" several times on your return to SFO. Did you mean packet 4 ? Does'nt the consulate just provide a sealed envelope ? Is there anything other documents or stamping they provide that can be shown to them?

Also, does the consulate cancel the h1-b visa on the passport after successful CP?

Thanks,
ckv

Originally posted by xml

This is what happened to me (starting from SFO airport!). My visa on the passport had expired (I had an extension approval with me) and that caused a lot of trouble. At every step I had to explain and show the extension approval (in addition to taking off my shoes for scanning)! I really had a tough time. Some people just didn't understand. They would call their supervisor and make a big deal out of it...Even while coming back to SFO (via Singapore/Hong Kong), I had to show the IV several times. And be prepared to take off your shoes...

-XML

Re: Re: passport question!

Originally posted by ckvimal
I got my passport endorsed with spouse name at indian consulate, san francisco. they return the passport the same day of applying.

- ckv

thanks, ckv. however, chennai consulate mailed me informing that it's not a requirement. so I decided to postpone a trip to NY.

regards,

PUJPRAN - NEED YOUR EMAIL pls PM me

PujPran:

I had completed the CP interview with you, I lost the tel num
and your email adddress. would you please
PM it to me or mail it to
nyc850@yahoo.com
Pm me would be the best.

thanks.

Friends.... Green on CP

Friends...

Got my GC on 29th August .....
No critical questions were asked,
consulate staff chatted about the 'BABA' film.

congrats faizee! enjoy the rest of your stay

I had a smooth POE at SFO 29th Aug. I asked the immigration officer about the change of address. He said that I should try not to change address. Is there any known impact of this in receiving the plastic card ?

Hi,

I have an interview on September 20th which is friday.
If everything goes well, Will I get the blue dart packet
on 21st Saturday or do I have to wait until 24th tuesday
(this is the next working day for the consulate).
I heard that they close consulate services on monday.

Thanks.

Had Successful CP on Aug28th..

No questions asked, only problem was passport number for my son was wrong on the doc's received from consulate so had a trip to chennai again and go it changed.

POE at chicago was smooth on 15th September, no questions asked.

Congrats Whiterose

That is a good news......Congratulations........I was waiting for your update.

Pujpran

Thanks pujpran

and also thanks for your updates and help.

Good to hear you got plastic cards also. Best of luck and keep in touch.

WhiteRose.

Finished CP Interview at CHENNAI

Hi Guys,

Finally, the GC process is over, finished CP Interview at CHENNAI on Aug 21st. No problems at POE (Dallas, Texas).

Still waiting for PLASTIC CARDS, I wonder how long it is taking these days.

Any way, hope everyone had easy time in CHENNAI & POE. Congrats to you all. Enjoy!!!

CPNVC

To cpNVC

Hi cpNVC,

I am going for CP to Chennai. I am also in Dallas. I am totally new to this and currently my case has been created in NVC. They said they are going to send pkt3 and send it to my attorney. I have a question in pkt3.

Filling OF230 PartI

1) Chennai consulate site said give the local address so that forms can be sent faster. I dont understand which Item in the form shd I mention my chennai address?

I would appreciate if you could you give me your email so that I can email my doubts directly.

Thanks,

Venkat.

I got plastic cards in 2 weeks ..........

Hi cpNVC,
Even I have attended interview at Chennai on Aug.21st. We would have seen each other at the consulate. I too came back to US through Dallas.
Here are my details.
POE : Dallas
DOE: 09/03/2002
Welcome letters received on : 09/17/2002
Plastic cards received on : 09/18/2002
Dallas is quite fast and you should be getting them soon.
Goodluck.
Pujpran

husband wife travelling on diff dates after interview..

Guys..
If the primary applicant & wife is travelling on diff dates,should inform the consulate in Chennai about it so that they will give 2 diff pkts after the interview??
Any one done this??