***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

cpnvc talk to travel agent or defjam

I have read one posting about a couple who had expired H-1 and no transit visa who were flying on delta, they were rerouted through london via british because the ticket agent at the port of exit(atlanta) would not let them fly through frankfurt with an expired visa. I know defjam on this board also had similar concerns and has done some research on this. From previous postings i have seen with an expired visa you can fly through london, amsterdam, milan, singapore, moscow. with expired visa transit visa must be obtained from zurich, frankfurt,paris for onward journey(usually the check is done at port of exit here, and if you have a ticket agent who is ignorant, you will get through). You can check the websites of these countries for any new changes also.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess u need a transit visa, if ur visa on the passport has expired.Its a very simple process to obtain a transit visa.
I dint want to take a chance & hence got one.

On the return , the sealed envelope from the consulate should serve the purpose.

Regards
Defjam

German Transit Visa

Guys,

Thanks to everyone for your comments/suggestions for my recent questions regarding employment letter and transit visa. I decided to get the transit visa and I am working on it.

Wish you all good luck.

Packet 4

Any august CPers who got their P4. Please let us know how long it took to reach?

Thanks

Re: cpnvc talk to travel agent or defjam

Originally posted by sanjna
I have read one posting about a couple who had expired H-1 and no transit visa who were flying on delta, they were rerouted through london via british because the ticket agent at the port of exit(atlanta) would not let them fly through frankfurt with an expired visa. I know defjam on this board also had similar concerns and has done some research on this. From previous postings i have seen with an expired visa you can fly through london, amsterdam, milan, singapore, moscow. with expired visa transit visa must be obtained from zurich, frankfurt,paris for onward journey(usually the check is done at port of exit here, and if you have a ticket agent who is ignorant, you will get through). You can check the websites of these countries for any new changes also.

Hope this helps.

This is what happened to me (starting from SFO airport!). My visa on the passport had expired (I had an extension approval with me) and that caused a lot of trouble. At every step I had to explain and show the extension approval (in addition to taking off my shoes for scanning)! I really had a tough time. Some people just didn't understand. They would call their supervisor and make a big deal out of it...Even while coming back to SFO (via Singapore/Hong Kong), I had to show the IV several times. And be prepared to take off your shoes...

-XML

Order in which docs need to be arranged as per P4

Looks like I will never receive P4 to my US address. The mistake I think I did was to send local address while filing for P3 rather than sending as a seperate mail after our files reach chennai to the customer service. Never the less the only info I need is the order in which Chennai asks us to arrange the documents.

Who ever has received P4 to Indian address and have a copy of all these docs please let me know the order in which we need to arrange the docs per P4. This would greatly help for those who will not receive the entire p4 to US address. I also remember through one of the member (XML ) experience he saying that when he received his P4 from Chennai it only had appt. letter and nothing else and that too he received it just 2 days before he left
( his interview was on 20th and he was supposed to leave on 10th or something like that and he recvd his p4 ie only the appt. letter on appx. 8th) . So whoever is waiting for P4 to US address don't be suprised if you see just the appt. letter.

Also reading the old posting on this board, we should expect p4 around 8-10th of this month approximately.

So having said all this if any one has the paper where chennai consulate asks the docs to be arranged please post the same. It will help a lot of people.

thanks

Originally posted by sumathi_63
whoever recieved P4 to their local address, could you please tell us if it has DS230 I&II or OF230 I& II?.

You need DS230 part 1 & 2. Actually you only need DS230 part 2 (unsigned).

-XML

Pkt 4 not received

Friends,
I haven't got my Pkt 4 docs till 02 Aug. called consulate and enquired about the Pkt 4, they said that download the appoinment page from chennai consulate site and highlight your interview schedule and use it for medical, interview.
is anybody got the same reply from consulate?

Is there any alternate solution for this ?

Will Consulate accept this website printout ?

Please advice .....

On Marriage certificate help please

Hi,
I have marriage certificate, which is certifed by TamilNadu Government cheif gazi (authorised by Govt of taminadu as muslim religious scholar/leader), I used this certificate when I applied for first time H1 stamp and extension of H1 also.

For GC interview can I use this Marriage certificate or do I have to get the affidavit from any one of our parents and notaried also?

Gurus Please clarify this...

Birth Certificate/Affidavit - Aug 22 interview - urgent

Hi all,
Does the birth certificate have to be on an official letter head of the issuing authority ? What if they dont have one ? Does one issued on a white paper with the official stamp and appropriate heading work ? I have mine from a village Mandal office that doesnt give the cert on an official letter head. I hope it good enough.

To alleviate any problems, I am planning to take parental affidavits in addition to the above cert. Do I have to get these affidavits on any specific stationary ? Does it have to be notorized or stamped by a court ? Or is it sufficient to just have it on a white paper with the signatures of the parents ?

Please help.

venky

Re: Birth Certificate/Affidavit - Aug 22 interview - urgent

Originally posted by venkysam
Hi all,
Does the birth certificate have to be on an official letter head of the issuing authority ? What if they dont have one ? Does one issued on a white paper with the official stamp and appropriate heading work ? I have mine from a village Mandal office that doesnt give the cert on an official letter head. I hope it good enough.

To alleviate any problems, I am planning to take parental affidavits in addition to the above cert. Do I have to get these affidavits on any specific stationary ? Does it have to be notorized or stamped by a court ? Or is it sufficient to just have it on a white paper with the signatures of the parents ?

Please help.

venky

Why don't you ask the consulate the same question? They should be able to guide with proper (first hand) information...

-XML

Re: Pkt 4 not received

Originally posted by faizee
Friends,
I haven't got my Pkt 4 docs till 02 Aug. called consulate and enquired about the Pkt 4, they said that download the appoinment page from chennai consulate site and highlight your interview schedule and use it for medical, interview.
is anybody got the same reply from consulate?

Is there any alternate solution for this ?

Will Consulate accept this website printout ?

Please advice .....

Don't worry!
My friend did the interview with the web prinout in June 2002

u_me

Re: Fees

Dear Gurus

Do you know how much the bank draft has to be for(335 or 65 or 75 $)?

Any answers will be appreciated

Regards

Pkada

Packet 4 & German Transit Visa

Hi Guys,

Finally, I received the appointment letter from Chennai Consulate to my US address. Ofcourse, there is nothingelse in the envelope.
They mailed on 07/15/02 (the letter is dated 07/15/02) and I received it on 08/02/02.

Regarding, German Transit Visa, we went to German Consulate in Houston and got transit visa for onward journey. Since our H1B visa stamp in the passport is expired, they refused to give transit visa for the return journey but they said if we have Immigration Visa documents as a proof for valid US visa, we don't need German transit visa for the return journey.

Anyway, we don't have to worry about German transit visa anymore.

Good luck to you all.

DD Amount (From Chennai Consulate)

Since I had paid $260 in US , I have to pay only $65 at chennai, as per Chennai Consulate. I got the below reply from Chennai Consulate.

// *********************
YOu have to pay $65 per person.
The current exchange rate i sRs 49 per $.

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600006
Ph-91-44-8112060/2000

Hello CpNVC,

My CP interview is going to be in September.
I have a question regarding the transit visa.
When you went to the German consulate in Houston,
Did they give the transit visa on the same day?
Or Are they going to mail it to you?

Thanks