***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

immunization shots

Guys, Do you all know what shots are administered to us when we visit doctor's office in Chennai ?.

At least the place where I stay the county health dept. do not give any shots free of cost. If its MMR, TETANUS they charge you $55 + $15. My insurance does'nt cover this. So we are not keen on getting this done here.

Moreover we have letter from our peditrician in India saying that he had given MMR to us during our childhood. Do you guys think Dr Vijayalakshmi would accept this?. Any experience please post.

Is there any way through lab tests we can find out what shots were given to us and all those things?.

Please share your thoughts if you know any information

thanks

Transit on return from CP

Hi gurus,
If my h1 and my wifes h4 are cancelled after the cp approval, would transit through amsterdam cause any problems on the way back ? Or is it that the amsterdam airport authorities recognize the"cp approval package" as a valid transit document ?

thanks
venkat

Item 10 on I-134

Hi gurus,
Item 10 on I-134 asks if I have submitted visa petition to INS? Does the h-4 of my wife or the my i140 that includes her name count as one ?

thanks
venkat

Re: Transit visa & sailing permit

Hi,
How about on the way back ?

regards
venkat

Originally posted by gc1seeker
Hi All : We are travelling by Lufthansa through Frankfurt to Chennai. Called up German consulate in Atlanta this morning.

Since we have a valid visa which was revalidated in St. Louis, and our I-94 which was given at the port of entry when we last entered had expired, wanted to clarify about transit visa requirement.

The lady at the german consulate told me that they DONT care about I-94 card. As long as we have a valid visa stamped on our passports then we do not require a transit visa. So we are not applying for the same.

Gurus, please let me know if you disagree.

BTW: Got our saliing permit on Friday. The IRS lady stapled a I-94 kind of card to our passport. I hope this is what sailing permit is.
She checked our tickets, passports,SSN/ITIN cards, drivers licence, various entry dates to US , all relevant visas on our passports and tax returns for pervious year before issuing the sailing permit.

Transit visa & I134

I have seen earlier postings, though your H1 & H4 are cancelled on passports if you CP approval packet in hand they will recognize it & allow.

Regarding I-134 for US citizen child, earlier I raised the same issue, one of the person who had interview in Montreal has asked for it for his US Ctzn daughter, logically your kid is small and some one has to support him, I-134 is doc saying you will support him, but I haven't seen any Indian consulates asking for this document. Any now it is better to take it to avoid last minute confusions. I am taking for my US citizen son.

gc1seeker u dont have a choice

they charge less than that in madras for shots, Dr.Vijaylakshmi and Dr.Rajkumar are the more considerate ones, I heard on these boards that Dr.Mathai will give u a shot even if you have records from US!!!!

P4 to US address

Do y'all know when Chennai sends P4 to US address, they send only the appt. letter OR the entire P4.

Any experience please post.

Btw: Still waiting for P4 from Chennai as they have sent it to my US address.

thanks

PCC

I know it has been extensively discussed before but I am not clear on it, CPers who reside in US needing PCC from local authority in india, has any of you planning to take it or have you emailed the embassy and got any reply about it? I am planning CP in october want to know your experiences
thanks

Form I 134 -- How much bank balance is safe

:confused: Hello Friends, Can you please tell me how bank balance is safe to have/show in the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support document.

thanks for your help !!!
nara

Re: PCC

Originally posted by m16
I know it has been extensively discussed before but I am not clear on it, CPers who reside in US needing PCC from local authority in india, has any of you planning to take it or have you emailed the embassy and got any reply about it? I am planning CP in october want to know your experiences
thanks

m16,If you go to the chennai consul website you should see the answers to most of the IVFAQ (CP).

Here is the answer regarding PCCs.
Madras consul web address is
www.madras.sphynx.com

-- Indian passport holders applying for visas outside India should obtain a statement from their local embassy or consulate confirming they have no criminal record.

Savings amount in I-134

I guess the salary that we have mentioned should be sufficient enough to support the extra person. So the amount you specify in the rest of the columns are not that important, if your salary is well above the required limit. (may be greater than 70K).

Is that right, people?

I-134 - urgent please

Hi gurus,
Item 10 on I-134 asks if I have submitted visa petition to INS on someones behalf? Does the h-4 visa petition I once submitted for my wife or my i140 petition that includes her name count as one ?

thanks
venky

Employment Letter

Hi Gurus,

I need clarification regarding the employment letter i received from my employer. The letter says that I am currently employed with them and will continue to be employed and then they described my job duties etc....

They didn't mention the start date!!!, I want to know whether the employment letter should mention the start date or it is OK even if it doesn't.

Please reply with your comments.

cpNVC, I think your employment letter is fine

GC is for future employment, as for as your emp letter says you will employed after GC it should be fine. Your date of employment they might have already got through I-140 application.

I-134 issue

I had same question and my attorney said that it is not necessary to mntion it since your petioner is your employer and they are sponsering you. I didn't have their names on I_134. Anybody with previous experience? cp gurus?????

my employment letter also doesn't have the start date. I say's that i'm amployed with them, job title, salary and my job duties. Also it states the intent of the employer to offer me the same position after my return to the USA. I think what the attorney drafted is fine.

Anyone got the P4 to US address?

German Transit Visa

Hi Guys,

We are planning to travel to India via Frankfurt and our H1B visa stamp is expired. Our transit time in Frankfurt airport is around 4 hours. Do we need transit visa? If the answer is yes, is it only for
the ONWARD journey? What about the RETURN journey? Can we use the cover letter (attached to the Approval Packet we are going to receive after the interview), as a proof for valid VISA ???.

Finally, I have a basic question, why will they check for Valid USA visa for ONWARD journey, as you are travelling from USA to our home country.???

Thanks,
CPNVC

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Employment Letter

I think it is totally ok for the company not to specify the start date as the GC is anyways based on future employment.. so consulate shouldnt care when you started with the company (except for verifying the legal status).. I did not start date on mine too.

Regarding the Transit Visa, I would think you would still need it as they seem to be particular about valid Visa Stamp.

- Akashvani

Originally posted by cpNVC
Hi Gurus,

I need clarification regarding the employment letter i received from my employer. The letter says that I am currently employed with them and will continue to be employed and then they described my job duties etc....

They didn't mention the start date!!!, I want to know whether the employment letter should mention the start date or it is OK even if it doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator: