***Confirmed*** - August Chennai Consulate Appointments - Track Here!

Sumathi.. have not received P4 yet..

I will post.. (As mentioned in my posts earlier, we can always use the print out of the appointment from the chennai website incase we do not receive it on time).

-Akashvani

Re: Sumathi.. have not received P4 yet..

Came to know from conusulate that they have posted my packet 4 to my US address inspite of me telling them to send it to my local address in Bangalore. As said for those of you where packet 4 is mailed to US address, please keep in touch so that we will know if anyone recieved it here. Will post as soon as I receive it here. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hopefully should receive it before I leave on Aug 24th. My interview is on Aug 29th.

Anybody with this experience of receiving your packet 4 here in US. Cp Gurus, have ya'll received it in time?

thanks

Originally posted by akashvani
I will post.. (As mentioned in my posts earlier, we can always use the print out of the appointment from the chennai website incase we do not receive it on time).

-Akashvani

I am also expecting my Pkt4 delivered to US address..

Although I have sent atleast 3 mails to chennai consulate to send my pkt4 to Indian address, they have sent pkt4 to US address. Since they have already mailed it, I am expecting by this month end. Pls. post if any one receives thier pkt4 to US address.

Re: Sumathi.. have not received P4 yet..

Originally posted by akashvani

-Akashvani

My appointment date is on August 29th.Called Chennai consular office and they confirmed this date. They said they mailed P4 to my US address. I checked the madras consul website and it has no information on August month appointment dates now.I saw the dates for august in the website last week. Please reply if any of you know why the appointment dates were removed.

Thanks

packet 4

Is Cconsulate sending Pkt4 by ordinary post or registered post or by courier.

if it's courier - which courier...

Can anyone update me about this....

Packet 4 for CPers

Dont freakout guys: Here is a reply to my query sent y'day regarding my Pkt 4 . Thought let me share it with all folks out here.

"If you do not receive the appointment letter- packet 4, you may
download this from www.madras.sphynx.com. We have created this facility to make it easy for the applicant who reside outside India. You could enter the case number and the appt date would appear and you can take a print out of the same. With this letter you can go for the medical examination. You can also download the list of panel of Doctors and their address and the form OF230 part 1&2. This is accepted as a authentic document."

Customer Service Unit
American Consulate General 220, Anna Salai Chennai 600006"

August appoinments are not available

Next month (August) interview shcedules have been removed in chennai website. they may be put it into early next month

why has madras taken the august list out?

just a computer glitch or any problems with the appointments in august?

I don't think there should be any problem

I don't think there should be any problem.

As the consulate has started sending out packet-4 for august interview there should not be any problem with the interview date.
(Hopefully !!! ) :confused:

Re: pkt 4, i got mine via speed post

Originally posted by gc_cper
operated by indian postal service

Do you know approximately how many day it took for P4 to reach you?

Appts available in chennai website

It's been published again in the Chennai Consulate website

Guys, I need clarification.......

Guys,

As I already mentioned, I have appointment on 21st and I (along with my wife) am planning to be there in Chennai by Sunday Aug 18th.

If I want to go directly to Chennai, Is it safe to stay in a Hotel near Consulate with all our luggage ???. Some of you might be knowing more about Chennai hotels near consulate. Please reply with your comments. We are planning to go to our final destination, Hyderabad, after finishing the Interview.

In case, if it is not safe to go directly to Chennai with all the luggage, we have to go to Hyderabad, drop the luggage and then goto Chennai with minimum luggage and required documnets.

Also, I would like to know what kind of passport size photos we need for Lister Labs, Dr.Vijaya Lakshmi ?. Normally passport size photos include from CHEST to HEAD. Do they have to be more than that?. Also, do they have to be Color or Black&White ?.

Please respond with your comments.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
employment letter.

I have got my notarized employment letter. Is it fine to get the employment letter 1.5 months before the interview?. Or Is it recommended to get a one close to the interview date?.

1.5 months should be ok..

Sumathi,
1.5 month old employment letter (dated back from the appointment date) should be ok. Try to have the latest paystubs.

CPNVC,
Check immihelp.com on the hotels but not sure about the safety aspects. Regarding passport photos, if you plan to stay close to consulate, try the legendary Konica lab infront of the Chola Sheraton. They know the best about the requirements .. we dont have to worry about format.

- Akashvani

follow to join case

Gurus : My wife is planning on coming back at a later stage after finishing our interview. I am coming back first. We have NOT mentioned anything about travelling back at different dates in our DS230 Part I.

My question is that are we supposed to mention anything during our interview to the consular officer about this?. Can we just collect our packets (2 in nos. I guess) and my wife comeback to US at a later date than I enter?. I know that the primary benificiary needs to enter first.

When I asked this to our attorney's they said that we DO NOT need to mention anything to consulate and my wife has upto 6 months to re-enter back to US.

I remember somewhere in this message board that someone had mentioned that we do need to tell this at the consulate so that they note it on their records or something like that.

What do you all think ?. Please share your thoughts

thanks