Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Yyou can get the form on one of the immigration portal forums. Just google it and it will come up.
The name check can take anywhere from a short time up to 2-3 years. However, recently they have started moving some cases faster. Hopefully yours will clear soon.
If you have waited for >1 year and have a clean recornd, then you can consider filing for WOM.

Just wanted to add my information to this thread and also have a question.

Considering that I applied on the last day the PD was current in Aug '07, and now the EB3 category is retrogressed back to Sep '02, is the application being processed in any way like NC or other phases or it is put on hold until the PD becomes current again?

CC approved

I want to thank all the members here for their help and support.
Their answers to my questions were very helpful. Thanks a lot Naveneet and others !!!
My online status today stated that my 485 was approved.
I filed using CC in TSC. Was stuck in NC for two years.

EB2 NIW
485 filed Aug 2005
Name Check cleared ? Sept 2007
Online LUD : welcome notice mailed Nov 26, 2007.

Their answers to my questions were very helpful. Thanks a lot Naveneet and others !!!

EB2 NIW
485 filed Aug 2005

Hi MDGUTS,

Congratulations bud! I am really happy for you.. it was long due.. I am still fighting through for my wife's case.. its pending name check and I am actually going through the whole 9 yards again, writing letters to the Congressman, Senator, FL etc.. Hope something works out soon.

Cheers!
Navneet

Congrats

EB2 NIW
485 filed Aug 2005

Hello,

First of all - congratulations!

Can you please update your information on trackitt. com? We are all debating whether USCIS does indeed honor Alternate Chargeability clause and your approval proves that it does!

Please Help!

EB2 NIW
485 filed Aug 2005

Also, how did you manage to get TSC to see your case as CC? Our name checks have cleared and I 140 is approved. PD is current.
Any advice will help!

Hi,

My case is stuck in the dreaded FBI name check - I came to know of this from talking to an USCIS officer about a month ago. I then requested the congressman and senator from my state, and received some help from the latter. His office informed me that my name check was cleared. So I set up an InfoPass appointment to confirm this information, but was told that my husband's name check was cleared, and mine (primary applicant) was pending. The IO was very nice, and said that all other things were current. When I came back from the appointment, I called the senator's office, and the person I was dealing with, was on the defensive. She also told me that she could not contact the FBI to enquire about the status of my name check, and all I could do was wait. I know that she was doing me a favor, but providing wrong information is very harmful!
The ND of my I485 application is 1/3/2007, and I think that I have waited for quite a long time. Could anyone please suggest the next steps that I could take? Does someone know where I can get the FOIPA request form, and where I should send it to? I am feeling a sense of hopelessness at this point. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rania

Hey Rania, writing to Congressmen and Senators will only get you a response from the USCIS, which will be the standard 'waiting on the FBI' one. Write to the First Lady's office - they send your letter directly to the FBI. I was stuck in the name check for 15 months before it got cleared the day after they got a letter from the FL's office. Here is the address

First Lady Laura Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC 20500

It took about 4 months between sending the letter and getting the response from the FBI but it worked and me and my wife have our green cards now. Hope this helps,

vik

Also, how did you manage to get TSC to see your case as CC? Our name checks have cleared and I 140 is approved. PD is current.
Any advice will help!

Hey gc_buglaria, try calling the TSC and talking to an IO - then ask them to flag your case as being current - they can put it on something called a work distribution queue - which means it will then be picked up by the next available IO that does adjudications.

Vikram,
The IO (she said she was IO) said that the case will be sent to supervisor. I am not sure if I trust them, thus taken a Infopass too. Can I tell them at the Infopass appointment to 'flag' my case. I have printed out the USCIS clause with "Alternate Chargeability' too. Will a service request help at this stage or should I wait till after the processing dates have passed!
Thanks.

Vikram,
The IO (she said she was IO) said that the case will be sent to supervisor. I am not sure if I trust them, thus taken a Infopass too. Can I tell them at the Infopass appointment to 'flag' my case. I have printed out the USCIS clause with "Alternate Chargeability' too. Will a service request help at this stage or should I wait till after the processing dates have passed!
Thanks.

I guess they wouldn't really be helpful unless your case was within the current processing dates. The purpose of letting them know that your case is a CC one is to make sure they dont pass it over when they do pick it up thinking visa numbers aren't available; so I guess trying to flag it now wouldnt hurt.

I guess they wouldn't really be helpful unless your case was within the current processing dates. The purpose of letting them know that your case is a CC one is to make sure they dont pass it over when they do pick it up thinking visa numbers aren't available; so I guess trying to flag it now wouldnt hurt.

My case is within the processing time for Texas (6 months) but not past it for more than 30 days (I read somewhere that it needs to be past>30 days for SR). I will still request them to flag it. I have a feeling that going for Infopass (2 hr. drive) may just be a waste of time as the local centers dont know much - but its a start!

I will then call IO ar TSC and start a service request if possible.

gc_bulgaria,

I tried several ways : some suggested in the forum:

1. Called TSC using POJ technique and asked them to bring it to the attention of supervisor for CC.

2. Got my lawyer to send a letter and also a fax asking TSC to apply CC

3. Wrote a letter myself to ask them to apply CC.

4. I was also planning to contact the congress person's office regarding this. They were not very helpful earlier with NC issues.

I am not sure what worked but I think both #1 and #2 helped.

Thanks
MDGUTS

EB2 NIW
485 filed Aug 2005

Congratulations and enjoy!!!

Hey gc_buglaria, try calling the TSC and talking to an IO - then ask them to flag your case as being current - they can put it on something called a work distribution queue - which means it will then be picked up by the next available IO that does adjudications.

Vikram,

I called USCIS today using POJ. The lady said my application is "waiting to be assigned to an officer". I asked her if it is in the work distribution queue. She said we are not allowed to tell you the shelf location.
She asked me to call back in 60 days if I don't hear from USCIS.
Is this a standard response? Does it mean my application is in work distribution queue?

Thanks,
Manas

Vikram,

I called USCIS today using POJ. The lady said my application is "waiting to be assigned to an officer". I asked her if it is in the work distribution queue. She said we are not allowed to tell you the shelf location.
She asked me to call back in 60 days if I don't hear from USCIS.
Is this a standard response? Does it mean my application is in work distribution queue?

Thanks,
Manas

hey Mansarovar, I guess I got a rep that was in an especially good mood; since she told me that she had put our cases on the queue. But she also gave the standard reponse of 'call back in 60 days if you dont hear anything'. She has told you that the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer - I think this does mean the same thing as being in the work distribution queue. I think you will see an approval very soon.

vik

hey Mansarovar, I guess I got a rep that was in an especially good mood; since she told me that she had put our cases on the queue. But she also gave the standard reponse of 'call back in 60 days if you dont hear anything'. She has told you that the case is waiting to be assigned to an officer - I think this does mean the same thing as being in the work distribution queue. I think you will see an approval very soon.

vik

Thanks Vikram. I hope what you said comes true.