Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

Congrats Passcore!!! Enjoy!!!

My wife's case is still pending. So for us the wait continues. I wrote to the Senator, Congressman and the FL regarding her case. Had called TSC and they said that she is pending name check!!! So I guess the name check game still continues to haunt me for her case now.

Cheers!
Navneet

Thanks everyone for the good wishes!!
We had a series of LUDs on our applications since the card production ordered notice on 11/08 and the message changed to "Notice mailed to applicant" on the same day. I am not sure what this notice is since we havent received it yet, however I am guessing it would be the physical card. How soon after the status change did you receive the cards in the mail Navneet ? Is there any other ADIT processing required?

Once again, thanks a lot to everyone for the good wishes.

Need some suggestions

Folks,

I need some suggestions on how to proceed.
I am trying to get TSC to apply CC to my case.
My PD is Aug 2005 (EB2).
My lawyer has sent several letters and faxes to TSC since Feb 2006 asking them to apply CC to my case.
I have also sent letters to TSC ( Hopefully to the correct address !).
My namecheck is cleared.
Any suggestions on what I can do to get CC applied to my case ?

Folks,

I need some suggestions on how to proceed.
I am trying to get TSC to apply CC to my case.
My PD is Aug 2005 (EB2).
My lawyer has sent several letters and faxes to TSC since Feb 2006 asking them to apply CC to my case.
I have also sent letters to TSC ( Hopefully to the correct address !).
My namecheck is cleared.
Any suggestions on what I can do to get CC applied to my case ?

I would try talking to an Immigration Officer by making an Infopass appointment. Another option would be to have your attorney contact the AILA liason and have them contact USCIS.

Also, call your Congressman's office and explain your situation to them - I'm sure they can get some pressure to bear on USCIS and have them update your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am wondering how the USCIS and FBI do the background check. Since the USCIS received a deluge of AOS applications in August, will all of the applicants from India be sent to FBI together? If so, they'll be overloaded beyond limit.

I guess I am trying to get an understanding of how long I might be stuck in name check. My assumption is that if only people with current priority dates and visa numbers available get sent for background check, the process might be faster for me. If everyone's is sent together, it's pretty much guaranteed there is going to be an unbelievable backlog.

Thoughts? How does this process work?

Am wondering how the USCIS and FBI do the background check. Since the USCIS received a deluge of AOS applications in August, will all of the applicants from India be sent to FBI together? If so, they'll be overloaded beyond limit.

I guess I am trying to get an understanding of how long I might be stuck in name check. My assumption is that if only people with current priority dates and visa numbers available get sent for background check, the process might be faster for me. If everyone's is sent together, it's pretty much guaranteed there is going to be an unbelievable backlog.

Thoughts? How does this process work?

Hi Dojidesi
I had found the following link when I first started looking this thread

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm
dont know if this will help

Tracker update

Hi All,

Please find attached the updated tracker with Vikram's approval and John's data.

Johnmt I added you as TSC. Please post if you are otherwise.

-Still

Hi Everyone:

I'm a new member to this forum, and thought of quickly introducing myself (with facts that matter!:)):

PD: 11/17/2006
I-140/485: Concurrent - Filed 2/14/2007
I-140: Upgraded to Premium Processing on 4/10/2007; Approved 4/12/2007
FP: 03/28/2007
I-485 LUD: 03/28/2007
AP: Approved 5/3/2007
EAD: Approved 4/23/2007
EAD Renewal: Filed 11/14/2007

Using Cross Chargeability - wife is from Lithuania and I'm from India.

wait starts

Hey Still
If possible can you add me to the tracker
My CC application got accepted at TSC
Thanks

Do I qualify to file my I-485 for me and my spouse using cross chargebility

Am a new member in here and here's my situation, I recently got married and my wife is sri lanka born, but canadian citizen, I already cleared my I-140 6months ago and am planning to include my spouse onto my GC and file 485 together (on EB3, are the dates current??), my question is do I qualify for I485 filing for both of us right now using cross chargebility of my wife's country of birth? If yes what would be the procedures? Thanks for your time...

regards,
Gerald

Am a new member in here and here's my situation, I recently got married and my wife is sri lanka born, but canadian citizen, I already cleared my I-140 6months ago and am planning to include my spouse onto my GC and file 485 together (on EB3, are the dates current??), my question is do I qualify for I485 filing for both of us right now using cross chargebility of my wife's country of birth? If yes what would be the procedures? Thanks for your time...

regards,
Gerald
Hi gerryboy
I think you do qualify for cross chargeability since your wife is born in non-retrogressed country.
But I think the issue would be with EB3 for ROW category to which you would be charging your 485 to.
As per the Dec Visa Bulletin EB3 for Rest of World is at 01SEP02. So if your priority date is before that than yes you can file 485 using cross chargeability.
Hope it helps!!
Thanks

Hello I am Cross Charge too

I just saw this thread and wanted to add my information as well. Please add me to the tracker. I am EB2 PD 1/11/07 and already have the I 140 approved. I called USCIS recently and was told that my name check is cleared - my lawyer thinks that this is a good sign as they won't process NC if PD is not considered current. Any ideas on how to make sure that the case is being treated as CC - there haven't been any LUDs?

Thanks!

PS: My lawyer's office screwed up and did not apply concurrently (I 140 and I 485) in March when PD was current!

Below is my information:

EB 2 PD: January 2007 (CC ROW)
I 140: August 22, 2007 (Approved from Texas)
AOS: July 26, 2007 (Sent to Nebraska)
EAD: 9/24/2007 (Approved from Texas)
EAD Card: 9/29/07
FP Notice: 9/29/07
FP Done: 10/1/07
AP: 10/11/07
LUDs: None

Hi,

My case is stuck in the dreaded FBI name check - I came to know of this from talking to an USCIS officer about a month ago. I then requested the congressman and senator from my state, and received some help from the latter. His office informed me that my name check was cleared. So I set up an InfoPass appointment to confirm this information, but was told that my husband's name check was cleared, and mine (primary applicant) was pending. The IO was very nice, and said that all other things were current. When I came back from the appointment, I called the senator's office, and the person I was dealing with, was on the defensive. She also told me that she could not contact the FBI to enquire about the status of my name check, and all I could do was wait. I know that she was doing me a favor, but providing wrong information is very harmful!
The ND of my I485 application is 1/3/2007, and I think that I have waited for quite a long time. Could anyone please suggest the next steps that I could take? Does someone know where I can get the FOIPA request form, and where I should send it to? I am feeling a sense of hopelessness at this point. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rania