Concurrent Filing - Using Cross Chargeability

pururwa said:
Now, since I have to write the letter comparing the labor requirements with my previous experiences, I am wondering if any of you may help me with the "format" of this letter. any suggestions or pointers?
Hey pururwa, I'll be more than happy to help any way I can. Shoot me the stuff over in a private message.

RFE received LUD

They received my RFE, so the message changed to :
On August 28, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message.....................
There was an LUD, as I expected for this on my 485[Check my signature].

There was no LUD or change in message on my wife's 485.

Hopefully this was the final hurdle, and my last lap has begun.

-StillPatient

StillPatient said:
They received my RFE, so the message changed to :
On August 28, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message.....................
There was an LUD, as I expected for this on my 485[Check my signature].

There was no LUD or change in message on my wife's 485.

Hopefully this was the final hurdle, and my last lap has begun.

-StillPatient
StillPatient,
Very cool. Like I mentioned earlier to Brittany, from what I have found, 485 applications are adjudicated from within a week to three months of receiving the response to an RFE. Of course this isn't an exact science and probably depends on your processing center. The average I've come to realize is about three to four weeks. So keep the hopes up. Based on Brittany's case, I'd be pegged for tomorrow. I had been hoping for this past weekend but nothing yet. I'm really nervous with anticipation at this point, despite knowing that it could be next week, next month or whenever.
Anyway...welcome aboard the boat of eager anticipation...

dbins01 said:
I did call in using the POJ method and talked to VSC Rep..
and as per them My case in stuck in FBI NAME Check since my
RD and the "normal processing workflow" will resume after
reciept of FBI results..

For POJ Method Ref (http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=221230&page=2)

HTH...
Ah, the name check black hole. Quick question for whoever knows...but is it possible that one of the spouses gets through name check and the other is still stuck in that process? What happens in such cases? Do the case(s) stay on hold for adjudication until both applications are cleared by the name check?

Hey guys,
I recently stumbled upon this option of cross-chargeability and after reading this forum it looks like it works. I have a slightly different situation from most of you guys and would really appreciate any and all suggestion.

My GC was applied in EB3 category in Feb 2003 (Even though I was eligible for EB2) but luckily everything kept moving so I applied for the EAD, 140 and 485 in Feb 2004 for both me and my wife under my country which is India. My wife is from another country which is not affected by retro so the big question is can I still do something to use cross-chargeability? Can I get the INS to change the charge to my wife's country? IF, YES. How? I know that the EB3 is not current even for other countries but it is moving much faster than India. Needless to say, my lawyers are useless.

EB3
LC-RD:2/4/03 AD:9/13/03
I140-RD:2/17/04 AD:7/6/05
I-765(EAD)- AD:3/24/04 Renewed every year since
I485-RD:2/17/04 ND:7/6/05, 11/12/04[FP]

Spouse:
I-765(EAD)- AD:3/23/04 Renewed every year since
I485-RD:2/17/04 ND:7/6/05
Bio: (code-3)Appo.:5/4/05-Done

Another LUD on my 485

There was another LUD on my 485 today[Checkout my signature].
No change in message.

Wife's 485:No LUD, no change in message.

-StillPatient

StillPatient said:
There was another LUD on my 485 today[Checkout my signature].
No change in message.

Wife's 485:No LUD, no change in message.

-StillPatient
StillPatient,
It could be something good like with Brittany. Here's the pattern I had with my wife's RFE Response and subsequent LUDs:
August 4th: LUD w/ msg change to RFE Response Recvd.
August 6th: LUD no change in msg
August 10th: LUD no change in msg
And then nothing so far ))-: According to Brittany math, the case should be up for adjudication today but I'm not holding my breath..like I said earlier...could be three weeks to three months, and I'd go with the more conservative three months so as not to be disappointed if nothing happens within this month or early Sept.
Note that my LUD has not moved since June.

VP_GC said:
Hey guys,
I recently stumbled upon this option of cross-chargeability and after reading this forum it looks like it works. I have a slightly different situation from most of you guys and would really appreciate any and all suggestion.

My GC was applied in EB3 category in Feb 2003 (Even though I was eligible for EB2) but luckily everything kept moving so I applied for the EAD, 140 and 485 in Feb 2004 for both me and my wife under my country which is India. My wife is from another country which is not affected by retro so the big question is can I still do something to use cross-chargeability? Can I get the INS to change the charge to my wife's country? IF, YES. How? I know that the EB3 is not current even for other countries but it is moving much faster than India. Needless to say, my lawyers are useless.

EB3
LC-RD:2/4/03 AD:9/13/03
I-765(EAD)- AD:3/24/04 Renewed every year since
I485-RD:2/17/04 ND:7/6/05, 11/12/04[FP]

Spouse:
I-765(EAD)- AD:3/23/04 Renewed every year since
I485-RD:2/17/04 ND:7/6/05
Bio: (code-3)Appo.:5/4/05-Done

VP_GC
Yours is an interesting case. I'm not sure what the process is, if any, to withdraw an already filed 485 or change the country of chargeability on the same. I'm sure its possible, but sounds a little more complex than calling the 800 number and getting your address changed. I know what you mean about your attorneys, but since its your 485 application, you have some leeway in terms of getting external help. I'd recommend calling either the law offices of RK or SM, both of whom have covered CC pretty well and getting some advice. Its like getting a second opinion. You don't even have to engage their services, but getting the right answer whether it can be done or not and if so how, provides you with the informational ammo you can carry back to your attorneys and make your case by telling them what you'd like to do and how you'd like to proceed. I'll dig for some info myself and post what I find.

Thanks KS_CC. I really appreciate that. I will try to contact RK and see what he has to say.

In the mean time if anyone finds anything else please post it here.
thanks,

Hey All

Could someone please give me a quick lowdown about fingerprinting? When should I expect it to happen and how? Would the status on the 485 tracker indicate that a fingerprinting notice was sent out? I really have no clue.

Thanks
vik

vikram77 said:
Hey All

Could someone please give me a quick lowdown about fingerprinting? When should I expect it to happen and how? Would the status on the 485 tracker indicate that a fingerprinting notice was sent out? I really have no clue.

Thanks
vik
Hi Vikram,
In my case the notice went to the attorneys and was sent out within, if I recall correctly, a couple of weeks of my ND. I believe the usual turnaround time is within a month, with three weeks being around average. Judging by your ND, it should be soon, definitely check with your attorney.
Best
k

vikram77 said:
Hey All

Thanks
vik

Vikram77,

Checkout my signature, u will get some timeline idea.
Our appo letters came to our home-addr.

-StillPatient

LUD on Wife's 485

There was an LUD[checkout my signature] on my wife's 485, with no change in message. Her message remained :
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on...............

-StillPatient

Wife's SSN

My wife's EAD got approved on 18th, we went to the SSN office on 28th, they said they have not yet received her details from the immigration dept.

Is it true that it takes 2-3 weeks for the details to reach the SSN dept?

-StillPatient

hey
the social security office gave the same reply to me when i went to apply for my social security...I received it exactly after a month from the submission date.

StillPatient said:
There was an LUD[checkout my signature] on my wife's 485, with no change in message. Her message remained :
Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on...............

-StillPatient
StillPatient,
Please don't hold me to this, but I have a feeling that you might be in store for an awesome Labor Day weekend....the feeling I had is the same that I had about Brittany's case. If not this weekend, it should be soon....that would carry on the trend of approvals within a month of RFE response being received.
Too bad the same hasn't applied to my case thus far. By Brittany's math, we should have seen an approval this week. All fingers crossed.

Let's hope this weekend's the one for you Still. And you ks. Wife's EAD got approved today and an LUD on my 485 and her AP.

vikram77 said:
Let's hope this weekend's the one for you Still. And you ks. Wife's EAD got approved today and an LUD on my 485 and her AP.
Thanks..I hope so too...wouldn't count on it though....I don't see any LUD changes on either my spouses case nor mine.

I got I140 approved today. Good luck to StillPatient and Ks_cc on 485. Hopefully, this is the week for both of you!

Wondering99